• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny B. Goode

Not quite 9 years and they put new servers out every 1-3 months then. Big difference than every year and a half or so now.
Oh, for goodness sake. They put out new servers at a faster rate when the game was brand new and gamers were just finding it. Now it is a very different dynamic, with many long time players and a slower but still steady stream of new players. You do know what happens with businesses that keep opening up more and more locations all the time, don't you? They either oversaturate the market or overextend themselves. Assuming that explosive growth will continue is a sure business plan for failure. Successful businesses know that the early explosive growth is unsustainable in the long term. You still try to get new customers, sure, but long term success depends more on keeping current customers satisfied. And Inno does that very well, despite the relatively few whiners that come to the Forum to rant.

DreadfulCadillac

Been playing round 3 years on my main world now (jaims) I've almost maxed out the achievement lol! can never find the will in me to start a second world and be active though. I was inactive for most of 2020 and late 2019 on my world, but still never felt the need to play a new world. I'm assuming they release new servers when all the other servers are starting to reach high capacity, and part of that high capacity could be due to long time players like myself making new worlds. Well guess what? With all the new things in the game these days its hard to be very active on even 2 worlds, and i'm assuming a fair majority of worlds being made by existing players are just diamond farms.

Algona

You can only milk gamers with special buildings for so far long. Eventually they move on.

You forget two different factors, a constant influx of new players and INNO's strategy of development.

New players can take years to reach the limits of the game.

SBs are just a subset of INNO;s developement. INNO has managed four cycles of powering up the game.

Roughly those 4 can be defined by the start of the game and the introductions of GvG, GE, and GBG.

Each cycle has had 2-3 years of incremental growth within the constraints of the latest 'next big thing'.

You can expect INNO to keep folks occupied for another 18 months or so with GBG before introducing the followup next big thing.

If you're going to worry about INNO failing to deliver, worry about whether or not they can deliver the next big thing, not something as minor as new SBs or Worlds.

Fishercat.

Caesar, you mentioned both Birka and the difficulty joining a top guild on an old world. I'm a leader in a top 10 guild on Birka, and we have openings. Talk to me. :)

Rhyyss

You can expect INNO to keep folks occupied for another 18 months or so with GBG before introducing the followup next big thing.

If you're going to worry about INNO failing to deliver, worry about whether or not they can deliver the next big thing, not something as minor as new SBs or Worlds.

Is the "next big thing" the PvP arena?

The Lady Redneck

Is the "next big thing" the PvP arena?
No it is simply another add on. . Seems to be ok to do now but still has some glitches. Does not take as much time as Settlements. But enough to maybe have more multi world players cut back on how many worlds they play.

Over 5% drop in active players in one week. Over 13% drop in active fighters. Yep, a steady supply of new players are clamoring to play. One thing is certain, at this pace there will be no new worlds.

Attachments

• 20210211_072920.jpg
    20210211_072920.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210211_073056.jpg
    20210211_073056.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Kranyar the Mysterious

Over 5% drop in active players in one week. Over 13% drop in active fighters. Yep, a steady supply of new players are clamoring to play. One thing is certain, at this pace there will be no new worlds.
You DO realize that forgedb doesn't scrape the database every day on schedule, don't you? One of those could have 2 days of data, and the other only 1. That happens all the time with their service. Sometimes longer. Those two screenshots don't mean anything. You'd have to aggregate all the data from a much longer time period to get any useable data from it, and even then it may have large error margins.

You DO realize that forgedb doesn't scrape the database every day on schedule, don't you? One of those could have 2 days of data, and the other only 1. That happens all the time with their service. Sometimes longer. Those two screenshots don't mean anything. You'd have to aggregate all the data from a much longer time period to get any useable data from it, and even then it may have large error margins.
This is 8 days of data, not 1 or 2 days. So far I am the only one in this discussion providing ANY statistical data on whether gamers are staying or leaving. If you or anyone else can provide any statistical data that proves forgedb is unreliable, as you claim, please provide it.

I'll keep watching the statistics so maybe I can get an idea when a new world may arrive, if it ever does.

Last edited:

Kranyar the Mysterious

Forgedb only post data once a week. This is 7 days of data, not 1 or 2 days. So far I am the only one in this discussion providing ANY statistical data. If you or anyone else can provide any statistical data that proves forgedb is unreliable, as you claim, please provide it. Razorback provided a link to a newspaper post but no statistical data. Speaking of links, not sure why my link was removed for violating forum policies and Razorbacks link was not.
Not true, forgedb usually updates somewhere between 1 and 2 days, though it is somewhat longer sometimes. There was a period last year that went weeks. I know this for a fact, since I screenshot it everyday last GBG to show my number of battles. Forgedb is accurate in the info it reports, it's just that any specific day's data may or may not include equivalent data. You would need to aggregate it over time and average it out. Because of normal player comings and goings, I'd think aggregating the whole month on a daily basis, then comparing months might be reasonable. Two random days a week apart simply don't tell the true story.

Links to outside sources are not allowed anymore. Even mentioning the sites is sometimes removed. Razorback's link was to an InnoGames webpage, which is why it was allowed.

Personally, I don't see any issue with people leaving the game. Some always do, more join. I do think more people are consolidating worlds, and that could certainly skew your data. What you really need is the number of unique users over time, and I suspect that would take a lot of work to determine. Good luck.

RazorbackPirate

This is 8 days of data, not 1 or 2 days. So far I am the only one in this discussion providing ANY statistical data on whether gamers are staying or leaving. If you or anyone else can provide any statistical data that proves forgedb is unreliable, as you claim, please provide it.

I'll keep watching the statistics so maybe I can get an idea when a new world may arrive, if it ever does.
Actually, it is you who is using the ForgeDB data to substantiate your claims, It's you who needs to show the data that supports your claim is accurate.

Now that you've found a source of data, Start compiling it, then come back in 6 months when you have enough data to establish a trend. 8 days of data do not a trend make.

RazorbackPirate

Not true, forgedb usually updates somewhere between 1 and 2 days, though it is somewhat longer sometimes. There was a period last year that went weeks. I know this for a fact, since I screenshot it everyday last GBG to show my number of battles. Forgedb is accurate in the info it reports, it's just that any specific day's data may or may not include equivalent data. You would need to aggregate it over time and average it out. Because of normal player comings and goings, I'd think aggregating the whole month on a daily basis, then comparing months might be reasonable. Two random days a week apart simply don't tell the true story.

Links to outside sources are not allowed anymore. Even mentioning the sites is sometimes removed. Razorback's link was to an InnoGames webpage, which is why it was allowed.

Personally, I don't see any issue with people leaving the game. Some always do, more join. I do think more people are consolidating worlds, and that could certainly skew your data. What you really need is the number of unique users over time, and I suspect that would take a lot of work to determine. Good luck.
I'm also of the understanding that players don't even show up on ForgeDB until they reach a certain age. I also know active is not accurate based on my own data. I play every day, yet I often find myself listed in yellow.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I'm also of the understanding that players don't even show up on ForgeDB until they reach a certain age. I also know active is not accurate based on my own data. I play every day, yet I often find myself listed in yellow.
Bronze players often don't show up, though sometimes they do. It might be a ranking point cut-off, not age. I'm not sure.

Showing up in yellow probably has to do with the times they scraped the data. You might have logged off 5 minutes before they scraped one day, then 5 minutes after they scraped the next and you'd show up as yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.