• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The Great "Fair" Trade Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Yet why not let individuals decide for themselves whether or not to use it? Sure, I think it's flawed but those who appear to like the feature shouldn't have to suffer our demands, should they? Isn't that lack of choice just as bad if not worse since so many apparently have accepted the set ratios? The only people that "impose" it are those who make the choice to impose it on themselves, much like every other trading scheme tied to the game (so if you don't want to give me 200 coke for 100 stone, that is still your choice...lol).
Taking away the button doesn't affect their choice. They can still choose to abide by "fair" trade standards. I would say that the button is far more than "flawed", I would say that it is deceptive and/or defective. Naive players that aren't taught any better before discovering it would be led to believe that hugely unbalanced ratios are "fair" according to a seemingly official game setting. Once some of these players get something like that in their heads, no amount of evidence will convince them otherwise. Believe me, I've run into that dynamic on multiple issues both here on the Forum, and on chat and message threads in the game itself. Seems like taking away this "choice" to cut down on misconceptions about what's fair is a pretty good trade-off. (Pardon the pun.)

DeletedUser8861

Thread is now closed as this debate is turning ugly....the bottom line is Inno has no "fair trade" policy and will not enforce anything in regards to trades (as we don't interfere with gameplay unless it is against the rules)....I have been part of Forge of Empires since early on and this topic is probably the most hotly debated issue and not one that will be resolved here :) Have a great night!

DeletedUser8861

Oh and one last parting shot as I close this thread...(cause I can have the last word)

There are number of different "trade calculators" that you can find out on the internet...none of which are endorsed by or provided by Forge of Empires...they are simply some players thoughts on what a reasonable trade is....

Some guilds have decided to use them and even some players try to enforce those calculators as the "official trade policy" of forge of empires but that is not true. Just as the "fair trade ratio" found in the mobile app is also not policy but rather suggestion.

Most of those players who use odd ball calculations don't factor in the cost of producing higher age goods that require additional land due to two lane roads, larger goods buildings or in the upper ages additional lower age goods to make the upper level goods.

So we leave this great debate unresolved for now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.