1. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Changelog 1.156

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.156 will take place on Wed, July 10, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. GvG Improvements

Hello Queens and Kings,
    We'd like to keep you updated on what we're planning to do, as we're about to get started on implementing the following improvements, and would love to hear some community insight into if you feel these additions address some of the fundamental issues GvG faces.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

The Halloween quest-line is broken!

Discussion in 'Confirmed' started by OldBookmaster, Oct 25, 2018.

1. OldBookmaster

OldBookmaster New Member

In quest six of the Halloween quest-line there are three different things you could do to complete the quest. I completed the third part and the quest will not leave. What should I do?

2. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

Complete one of the other two. There are 2 conditions that must be met, one of the conditions gives you a choice.

Quest 6:

"Solve this simple negotiation OR Defeat this small army" and "Build 1 cultural building from your age or 2 from the previous age"

Stephen Longshanks and Graviton like this.
  3. m9silent12

m9silent12 Well-Known Member

Geez, it's so sad to see the 'or'/'and' parts of the quest utterly ignored.

Reading compression anyone? Man, even if English isn't your first language, you should be able to understand the difference of 'and'/'or'.

It's not that difficult, yet plenty of people come here to complain about it. I can't imagine how many actual players (since forum users are such a small % of the games player base) struggle with this simple concept.

4. handsomesirSteve

handsomesirSteve New Member

Defeat this large army, solve this complex negotiations I have tried both and my army equal pieces, but higher defense and higher attack points and it still wins. Negotiations a waste of my time when it just takes. You all have gone overboard in wasting my time I am now on a quest to discredit you all for a game who does not follow its own rules and get people to quit and have the game removed from the internet. Your mediators do not help either and when I put things in her they do not get answered. Well enough you need to fix it or get off the internet.

5. generalspiff

generalspiff New Member

What are your attack building levels (CoA, Zeus, CdM, TA)? Do you get attack from any other special buildings? Have you used rogues? Are you auto-battling or battling manually? These are all factors that can influence whether you are successful against a large army during these quests/daily challenges.

6. m9silent12

Yeah, okay. Good luck with your mission to get the game removed all because you don't understand the basics of how to play it. When you quit, I'm sure you can get your participation award at least.

7. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

I am sorry about that. I never meant to waste your time. Will not happen again.

I just answered you. With who do you want me to mediate? Are you having problems in your relationship?

8. RazorbackPirate

This is pure comedy gold. I can't wait to see all the time he wastes trying to get millions of players to quit or have FoE removed from the Internet. I'm in HMA and can deal with all the stuff this tool's complaining about. Seems this player's gone too far ... in the game without building a strong city.

Now you come here not asking how to improve but to waaah, waaaah, waaaaah instead. You've posted 4 times and all 4 comments you've ever made have been responded to. It seems it's not help or an answer because it's not what you want to hear. Tough. No, you're not going to get FPs back from GBs when an account is deleted. Plain enough for you?

And yes, it sounds like your options are to get better or quit. Seems you're not interested in getting better, so your only option left is to quit.

9. handsomesirSteve

handsomesirSteve New Member

Glad you are a hard core player. I have built my city up and not insult me saying waaaah waaah, so what ever you have a right to your opp-ion . I have watched hours of video and asked for help in understanding what can I do better. So in my mind there is a bug in the system...... plain and simple as for you you need to go to course and learn how to be nice to folks and not so OLD AND GRUMPY so go back to Snow White and the seven Dawarfs attitude grumpy

10. Ozyman Tremble Weaklings

Ozyman Tremble Weaklings Well-Known Member

Worlds:
    East Nagash, Fel Dranghyr, Walstrand, Xyr, Yorkton
    I'm with you on this one. Every professional sports league is bugged because I couldn't make any teams. Much easier pill to swallow than just being an average athlete.

Volodya and Stephen Longshanks like this.
  11. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

So does anyone have a city on Noarsil that can go look at his city and see what he's doing wrong?

12. RazorbackPirate

Here you go. The first problem I see is disconnecting everything in his city except for Traz and CdM. So afraid of plunder he doesn't produce any resources. How is that the game's issue?

HandSir2d.jpg
    HandSir3d.jpg

Stephen Longshanks likes this.
  13. icarusethan

icarusethan Well-Known Member

see? Now you go too far. You hurting my eyes!!! Haven't seen a bad city like that past PE for a while...

14. RazorbackPirate

I guess it's only old and grumpy (mature?) people who are willing to call B.S. on you. Your first post was late June in the Automatic Account Deletion thread asking if you'd get FPs back, completely ignoring the 2 pages of responses to others who'd asked the same thing. Then you came back on July 14th screaming that no one had answered your question, completely ignoring the intervening 4 1/2 pages of posts where that discussion had been beat into the ground and it had been pretty well determined that no, you wouldn't get anything back. Your post was then directly replied to and you were told just that. But no, no one responds to you. B.S.

July 14th you also created the "Game is getting too hard to play" thread where you laid out your woes, thoughts about quitting, and that you were starting to tell people who asked you about playing FoE, "The game is too hard." This stimulated 5 PAGES of posts with a ton of suggestions about how to strengthen your city and get better at the game and for 5 PAGES you never came back. No questions, no rebuttals, not a damn thing. Looking at your city, you never even came back to read the responses, never mind take them to heart or implement them in your city.

Then you come here today saying the same thing you did over 3 months ago, now adding a personal vendetta to the mix. You're going to make it your lifelong work to make people quit the game and have it removed from the internet for wasting your time. Talk about a waste of time. Yet you fail to see the humor and lunacy in that statement. That you think in any world, even your make believe one, you could wield that sort of power and influence is laughable. And who's the one sounding OLD AND GRUMPY?

So no, don't tell me you're interested in getting better, you're not. You saw the thread title and came here today hoping to join a chorus of poor players placing the blame for their failure in the game on Inno and a bug. Sorry to tell you, there is no chorus. Surprise! You're singing this one solo and I've heard this tiresome tune too many times before.

So now, like the last time, I expect you'll retreat back into silence and not do anything to improve your game or your city. Please, prove me wrong. I dare you. What have you got to lose? I double dog dare you.

Or should we expect a reprise for the Winter Event?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    Graviton and m9silent12 like this.
  15. m9silent12

What @RazorbackPirate said. I second all of that. It was a much longer and more thought out response than you deserve as well. I say it's time for you to just quit and move on. This game is too difficult for you.

Anyways, see you again in 3 months when you decide to crawl out from under your bridge to yell at us again.

16. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

You should get together with @lemur. You could message him every three months about how hard the game is, and he can message you back to say it doesn't matter because Inno's servers/software/programmers are crap and the game's unplayable anyway. And then the rest of us won't have to be bothered by either of you.:)

17. JCera

JCera Well-Known Member

I wish I had posted a screenshot of @handsomesirSteve city. I just deleted it out of the City Planner a couple of weeks ago. Regardless, it looks like he listened to none of the advice I gave him back in July.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/game-is-getting-to-hard-to-play-and-a-waste-of-time.23471/

RazorbackPirate and Graviton like this.
  18. RebelSky

RebelSky Member

Worlds:
    Uceria
    I agree, I have ran into this and I love the game, but they do take sweet time responding so I just have to move on, then they come back with how I did this or that, but too late I completed both, even though it was an OR and I did one or the other and still didn't clear, so I do feel it is a bug and anyone that has not had this happen...lucky for you and I have been playing and helped other Guild members before they ever got a response back from moderators, so I do understand as a player too.

Karkas the Incredible likes this.