• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The latest on Global warming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorbackPirate

Oh, I'm so hurty now. Crushed, I tells ya. Rejected by tedious, judgmental blowhards again! Methinks I'll just go eat worms... (num, num, num,... belch!..)
Typical. Won't address the facts, but happy to call names and fake mock outrage in a lame attempt to elicit victim sympathies. Poor you, so sad.

Grumblenuts

Best check yourself before you wreck yourself, son. Direct that crap to your mirror... And that silly hat? It's doing you no favors!

Grumblenuts

Big appearance improvement, imho. Sure fits the logo. What exactly do you wish me to still address?

You both imagine yourselves to be intimidating and perhaps you are to many. Again, bully for you. Now try parking those bloated egos for a change, develop genuine senses of taste and humor, speak for yourselves, and for mercy's sake try sharing things that at least hint of intelligence, originality, and self-reflection. Otherwise, be my guest and piss off so others might get an interesting word in edgewise.

Oh, and do grow up. Don't go crying to the mods when folks refuse to cower to your liking.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

Why don't you address the 1652 map? The islands above the Yucatan peninsula show on Google Earth, but they're now under water. In less than 350 years. For less than half of that time we've been using fossil fuels.

Maps of North Africa until 1688 show cities, rivers, and lakes with little trace of desert. By 1710 maps show the Sahara much the way we see it today.

World maps through 1810 show a giant country/empire called Tartary or Tartaria, depending on the map. Cities, lakes, and rivers throughout what is now Siberia. With Russian territory extending no further East than the Ural Mountains. The 1777 edition of the Encyclopedia Britannica has an entry for Tartary. Books prior to 1800 with Flags of the World show the US flag and the Tartary flag on the same page. Ever hear of Steak Tartare? That would be Steak in the style of the Tartars, the residents of Tartaria.

By 1820, the Russian Empire stretches across the Pacific Ocean. With nothing left of Tartaria but a pockmarked landscape with tens of thousands of circular lakes across all of Siberia and Northern Canada. Did you know the trees in Russia East of the Urals and in Northern Canada are only about 200 years old? From today, that takes us back to 1816 or so. 'The Year Without a Summer'. Coincidence? Do your own research.

In 1867 Russia unloads what is now Alaska (formerly Tartary) to the US. Now just a worthless pockmarked landscape just like Siberia and Northern Canada. Nothing left but a few Eskimo tribes. Interesting how some people now consider the term Eskimo to be derogatory as it is widely perceived to mean 'eaters of raw meat'. A little Steak Tartare anyone?

What about the 400 years when the Vikings had settlements in Greenland? Why did they name it a Green Land, just for a LARP?

You see, I've done my research and I'm not just gonna repeat the same old, same old like you. Is the Earth warming? Probably. Is it because of man? Probably not. At least not enough that anything we do will make a difference. So no, I'm not buying into the hysteria. The Earth is a far more dynamic system than they're willing to admit, so I'm calling bull **** on the whole thing.

Until a climatologist (of which I bet you're not) is willing to address even the simplest of questions that a layman, like myself, who's willing to do a little independent research has, then all they can do is report the weather. This is the temperature today, and this is how it compares to the last 150 years or so. That's it. Anything more, any prediction, is pure conjecture made up out of whole cloth. Every model, every prediction is wrong. It always will be. They're not even willing to come clean with the historical data.

Bottom line, I'm not willing to sign over more of my freedoms to an already overreaching Government for what in all likelihood is just another scam to do just that, gain more control and take more of our hard earned money.

It's a very dangerous thing to start legislating acceptable limits on the gas we exhale. You of all people should be concerned as a triple whammy. You're on Social Security, Medicare, and you're still breathing. Logan's Run anyone? After all, it's for the good of the planet and future generations.

And yes, @Ozyman Tremble Weakling is absolutely right. There's a lot of people in developing countries that are going to need electricity and they will get it primarily from dirty sources. The Paris agreement itself both acknowledges and encourages just that by exempting developing nations from any climate action until 2030. They will adopt the cheapest, most reliable, most economical sources. Fossil fuels. That's not casting blame, that's acknowledging basic economics. The Paris Accords are nothing more than an extortion scheme. I, for one, am glad our President saw through the sham.

Alrighty then. Let the names begin!

Last edited:

Grumblenuts

Why so intent upon calling names? Far as lakes seeming to suddenly appear or disappear hundreds of years ago, state your premise for bringing it up in the first place. A bunch of garbage thrown at a wall just appears to be garbage until the thrower at least calls it art. But here's how I suspect an actual NASA climate scientist to respond:

So as usual, let me make this clear:

The Earth is warming up. The rate of warming has increased in the past century or so. This corresponds to the time of the Industrial Revolution, when we started dumping greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. Greenhouse gases warm the planet (hence the name) — if they didn’t we’d have an average temperature below the freezing point of water. Carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas which is dumped into the atmosphere by humans to the tune of 30 billion tons per year, 100 times the amount from volcanoes. And finally, approximately 97% of climatologists who actually study climate agree that global warming is real, and caused by humans.

Got it?
You're welcome. And yes, you and Ozy are clearly opposed to "a lot of people in developing countries" - poor people in other words - getting electricity. You then rationalize this expressed irrational hatred of your immigrant ancestors simply by forwarding a "dirty sources" theory, but the future is in the future so you're projections are just so much meanspirited gas. And the unprecedented consensus of scientists worldwide is in no logical sense "overreaching Government for what in all likelihood is just another scam" - on the other hand, forwarding denier nonsense is definitely a scam.

Grumblenuts

The Industrial Revolution began in the 18th century, when agricultural societies became more industrialized and urban. The transcontinental railroad, the cotton gin, electricity and other inventions permanently changed society. - History.com
Got it?

RazorbackPirate

Where exactly have I called you names? You however, have done nothing but to me.

Having read every article you've linked to (most links withing the articles now broken the information is so old), I see that you've provided nothing new and you've not addressed one thing I brought up. Nothing unexpected though. You can't, so you won't.

Got it?

I've also never said the Earth is not getting warmer, what I have said is that science has yet to prove that humans are the primary cause or that anything we do will have an impact on it. In fact, the Earth has been getting warmer since the end of the Younger Dryas. The entire field of climatology is based on ASSumption upon ASSumption, built upon the foundation of a false history. You want me to give up my way of life and deny the developing world what we have for a falsehood? No. Not doing it.

You can also stop projecting your crap onto me and @Ozyman Tremble Weakling in regards to your ASSumptions regarding our attitudes towards the developing world and the people who live in it. I want them to develop and I have no intention of denying them the same technologies that have helped us in the 1st world become so successful.

Don't you dare for a minute try to make this into some sort of racial or socioeconomic argument. It's not and never has been. Quite frankly you're an ass for making those statements and projecting your prejudices onto us.

However, I will say we are in agreement on one thing.
the future is in the future so you're projections are just so much mean spirited gas.

And the unprecedented consensus of scientists worldwide is in no logical sense "overreaching Government for what in all likelihood is just another scam"
It is the solutions that Governments propose that are overreaching. But you knew that.

"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before." Rahm Emanuel

As the saying goes, "There are none so blind as those who will not see." Thanks for playing. Make sure you pick up your parting gift on the way out.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

The Industrial Revolution began in the 18th century, when agricultural societies became more industrialized and urban. The transcontinental railroad, the cotton gin, electricity and other inventions permanently changed society. - History.com
Got it?
Fully aware of that. Thanks. You're point is what?

Grumblenuts

Where exactly have I called you names? You however, have done nothing but to me.
Nothing but, eh? Then quote one instance to prove it from the post you're apparently responding to. Oh, and be sure to quote where I accused you of calling me names in the first place... (eating popcorn here while not holding breath)

I see that you've provided nothing new and you've not addressed one thing I brought up. Nothing unexpected though. You can't, so you won't.
Yes, I provide links. You're so welcome! Couldn't be that I have been responding to your concerns and wild assertions as patiently as possible considering most of it was child's play to debunk decades ago, but amazin' how you jus' keep workin' real hard to hear and understand none. Just as you've worked so hard here to deny and misrepresent the scientific terms "climate change" and "global warming." Appears to be your sole purpose. I have no doubt you will continue regardless. The only question is what you gain from doing so? 'Cause plenty on the internet get paid the big bucks to do exactly what you're doing here. So if you ain't getting rich perhaps you're just crazy.

How many people in the room had children or indeed grandchildren, I wondered. Could an audience of experienced, intelligent people really be this blithely indifferent to the devastating impacts that unmitigated climate change will wreak on the world their progeny must inhabit? These same ageing contrarians doubtless insure their homes, put on their seatbelts, check smoke alarms and fret about cholesterol levels.

Why then, when it comes to assessing the greatest threat the world has ever faced and when presented with the most overwhelming scientific consensus on any issue in the modern era, does this caution desert them? Are they prepared quite literally to bet their children’s lives on the faux optimism being peddled by contrarians?

“We have been repeatedly asked: ‘Don’t you want to leave a better Earth for your grandchildren,’” quipped the comedian and talk show host John Oliver. “And we’ve all collectively responded: ‘Ah, fuck ’em!’” This would be a lot funnier were it not so close to the bone.
- John Gibbons

Grumblenuts

Fully aware of that. Thanks. You're point is what?
In response to Raz's repeated presentations of clearly inaccurate and irrelevant maps (Mercator projections), by definition, "climate change" and "global warming" aren't about anything like that occurring prior to the 1800s, so wtf? Just how stupid does your buddy imagine scientists are? You don't really, do you? It's just the ignorant masses you're out to fool and, from the looks of it, doing a bang up job of it too.

RazorbackPirate

In response to Raz's repeated presentations of clearly inaccurate and irrelevant maps (Mercator projections), by definition, "climate change" and "global warming" aren't about anything like that occurring prior to the 1800s, so wtf? Just how stupid does your buddy imagine scientists are? You don't really, do you? It's just the ignorant masses you're out to fool and, from the looks of it, doing a bang up job of it too.
They base a big part of their junk science on supposed 800,000 years of ice core samples and then make projections about the present and future based on what they can supposedly 'observe' about the past. Yet anytime something from the past invalidates or even questions the assumptions the entire 'science' is built upon, you want to throw out the data and change the parameters of the discussion. So yeah, once again, you got nothing.

I hope you're getting paid to shill your swill. Although I have to say, if that's the case, your employer is throwing their money away.

RazorbackPirate

Nothing but, eh? Then quote one instance to prove it from the post you're apparently responding to. Oh, and be sure to quote where I accused you of calling me names in the first place... (eating popcorn here while not holding breath)

Yes, I provide links. You're so welcome! Couldn't be that I have been responding to your concerns and wild assertions as patiently as possible considering most of it was child's play to debunk decades ago, but amazin' how you jus' keep workin' real hard to hear and understand none. Just as you've worked so hard here to deny and misrepresent the scientific terms "climate change" and "global warming." Appears to be your sole purpose. I have no doubt you will continue regardless. The only question is what you gain from doing so? 'Cause plenty on the internet get paid the big bucks to do exactly what you're doing here. So if you ain't getting rich perhaps you're just crazy.

How many people in the room had children or indeed grandchildren, I wondered. Could an audience of experienced, intelligent people really be this blithely indifferent to the devastating impacts that unmitigated climate change will wreak on the world their progeny must inhabit? These same ageing contrarians doubtless insure their homes, put on their seatbelts, check smoke alarms and fret about cholesterol levels.

Why then, when it comes to assessing the greatest threat the world has ever faced and when presented with the most overwhelming scientific consensus on any issue in the modern era, does this caution desert them? Are they prepared quite literally to bet their children’s lives on the faux optimism being peddled by contrarians?

“We have been repeatedly asked: ‘Don’t you want to leave a better Earth for your grandchildren,’” quipped the comedian and talk show host John Oliver. “And we’ve all collectively responded: ‘Ah, fuck ’em!’” This would be a lot funnier were it not so close to the bone.
- John Gibbons
Not one link that address any of the specific issues I raised. Just article after article insisting that they're right, because "We ALL say so. Just ask anyone." Address one specific fact I've given you. Just one. Any one. I'm betting you won't.

Stupid quote that's just par for the course for you. I question the science, therefore I'm evil and uncaring. Never addressing the science, just attacking the person. However, you sir, are the one morally bankrupt. Willing to enslave your progeny, without question, for a lie.

Grumblenuts

I question the science, therefore I'm evil and uncaring.

Unable to locate a single instance of serious name calling after accusing his interlocutor of doing "nothing but", Raz now appears to have reduced himself to "casting blame" all over himself. Beating his head and neck silly.. Really seems so sad.. In a sort of pathetic way..

Seriously?
Yes Raz, I've directly and patiently addressed as much of that cooked up nonsense you've offered as humanly possible. As I'm sure I said right from the start, this is no forum for "debate" let alone discussion of science. Americans typically have little clue what any of that means. Your ilk renders the entire notion a sick joke daily. So we export our stupidity now. You're here to preach your denier gospel and play at reversal games (fallacious logic). Sorry you can no longer distinguish fact from fantasy, but it seems the only reason you're so irritated now is that I clearly had you pegged before you could even get warmed up.

Fooling others doesn't make you capable of fooling folks like me. Carnival bark it elsewhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.