• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The Rules for Plundering

• Thread starter DeletedUser25895
  • Start date

DeletedUser25895

Where can find out about how plundering is done, ways of doing it, limitations on it and anything else applicable to the subject?

DeletedUser8152

I think everything is here:
https://us.forgeofempires.com/page/the_game/pvp/

But there isn't much to it: if you attack someone in your neighborhood and defeat their defending army, then you can plunder one building at some point in the next 24 hours. In general you can plunder a house, supply building, or goods building with uncollected and unmotivated production ready. At any time, you can see what is available to plunder by clicking the "Sabotage" button, and lightning bolts appear over all buildings with resources available to plunder. If the sabotage button is grayed out then there are no resources available.

DeletedUser25895

Thanks jaelis, my main interest is in using the 24 hr period. Can the victim be scouted as often as desired before actually plundering them?

DeletedUser8152

Yes, you can visit as often as you like, whenever you like. The option to plunder remains available until the 24 hours expires. (And then you can attack again.)

DeletedUser26106

I just plundered a goods building, but only received one good. What is the rule on how many goods I get when I plunder. Shouldn't it be either 5,10,20 or 30 depending on the cycle the player used?

Ylisaveta

You get whatever the building has made. Goods buildings make 5/10/20/30 if the player has the boost for that good. If they don't, it only makes 1 for the lowest cycle. It makes no sense to me to build a goods building if you don't have the boost, but people do it. Some do it to mess with plunderers, as a tactic, but they're hurting themselves more by losing that space/potential. Just don't hit that building again, if you keep track. Hit them somewhere else, and call it a stupidity tax :)

DeletedUser25273

Some people don't get trading, and if you don't trade, unboosted can be better than the merchant trades at 1:10.

I suppose it is also possible for some goods to just be rare in a guild/neighborhood/world (especially higher levels with only a few people in it), where again, making unboosted is cheaper that trading with the merchants.

DeletedUser40848

I've wondered about this too. But here's what I've noticed. Sometimes you'll plunder a player who has say three of one goods building, and you've plundered that good for a full 5,10,20,30 production before, and then you get a two. They clearly have the boost, but the number you get is off. Is there any credit in the idea that the goods you get could be affected by people who have plundered that building before you? As in, if you're first you get the full plunder, but if you're the second or you third person to plunder a buulding you may get less? Probably not, but....?

DeletedUser40495

I've wondered about this too. But here's what I've noticed. Sometimes you'll plunder a player who has say three of one goods building, and you've plundered that good for a full 5,10,20,30 production before, and then you get a two. They clearly have the boost, but the number you get is off. Is there any credit in the idea that the goods you get could be affected by people who have plundered that building before you? As in, if you're first you get the full plunder, but if you're the second or you third person to plunder a buulding you may get less? Probably not, but....?
Gee, took you 3 years to think of that?

DeletedUser

A building's production can only be plundered once per completed production cycle. For example, if you plunder a goods building, then there is nothing left in it to plunder until another production cycle is begun and completed. And you can't get 5, 10, 20 or 30 from a goods building and then later get 1, 2, 4 or 6 from it. A boosted building always produces at the boosted rate and an unboosted building always produces at the unboosted rate. Your memory is faulty on that point.

Agent327

Is there any credit in the idea that the goods you get could be affected by people who have plundered that building before you? As in, if you're first you get the full plunder, but if you're the second or you third person to plunder a buulding you may get less? Probably not, but....?

Great necro. The answer is NO.

DeletedUser38506

Here's a question: I had one of my goods building plundered. This player is NOT a neighbor, nor is there a playback video to see the battle and my ONLY options back are to motivate or polish. So how in the world was this player able to plunder me???

DeletedUser

Here's a question: I had one of my goods building plundered. This player is NOT a neighbor, nor is there a playback video to see the battle and my ONLY options back are to motivate or polish. So how in the world was this player able to plunder me???
If there's no playback video, how do you know who it is that plundered your building? The entry in Event History with the player's name is always accompanied by the video and option to attempt revenge.
How long ago was it plundered? Meaning, is this a city you don't visit every day or one where you set goods buildings to two day productions? If that is the case, it is conceivable that it was a neighbor from the last hood that plundered it early Monday morning right before hood shuffle. Although, since you have the option to aid him, the two of you must have become friends since the plundering. I don't know how else what you describe would be possible.

DeletedUser38506

They plundered about 1-1/2 hours ago. In the event history, next to the plunder icon is only the city to visit or send a message. That's it. No video, no sword icon (revenge). I have never seen this before ever. I checked on this city yesterday and everything was fine. Very bizarre.

Agent327

They plundered about 1-1/2 hours ago. In the event history, next to the plunder icon is only the city to visit or send a message. That's it. No video, no sword icon (revenge). I have never seen this before ever. I checked on this city yesterday and everything was fine. Very bizarre.

Technically it could be possible if the player was moved to another hood. Contact Support to find out the how and why.

DeletedUser33179

I think perhaps you're looking on the wrong line in the townhall. At least on mobile, there's always two different lines that get logged.

First is when attacked with a thumbs up/down icon - green if you won & red if you lost. To the right of that are 2 buttons, 1st is video reel (to watch replay) & 2nd is crossed swords to retaliate (is dimmed out if player has shuffled out of hood). This sounds like what you're looking for (see 1st pic below).

Second is when plundered with a plunderer-head icon. To the right of that are 2 buttons, 1st is to visit player & 2nd is to send message. This is what you've just described (see 2nd pic below)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

DeletedUser

I think perhaps you're looking on the wrong line in the townhall. At least on mobile, there's always two different lines that get logged.

First is when attacked with a thumbs up/down icon - green if you won & red if you lost. To the right of that are 2 buttons, 1st is video reel (to watch replay) & 2nd is crossed swords to retaliate (is dimmed out if player has shuffled out of hood). This sounds like what you're looking for (see 1st pic below).

Second is when plundered with a plunderer-head icon. To the right of that are 2 buttons, 1st is to visit player & 2nd is to send message. This is what you've just described (see 2nd pic below)

View attachment 13988

View attachment 13987
Boy, do I feel stupid. There are also two lines on PC. :oops:

DeletedUser33179

Way back when I was in EMA in my main city, I came across a newborn plunderer. We'd gotten chatting after his plunder/my retaliation, as I send polite message asking do we do truce or fight with no hard feelings. He was just so excited, stating he was hauling in tens of thousands of coins his 1st week. I wished him luck, & we parted peacefully. All the while, I smiled to myself. If he thought plunderer's life was great now, wait til he hits his 1st TF, & then a Maharajah Palace.