• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The value of rope vs other HMA goods

DeletedUser38784

F

I have a fp trade parter that gets 80% of my fp. I bought the Himeji for 1750fp as she would wait for me to lock in spot one and then level in the next 24 hours over eight weeks. All of those fp she payed for in goods so I had goods for lots of GB by the time I had all bps for Himeji. At this point we still trade fp to fp (daily fp on my part) on my choice of GB to her choice which is only my Himeji, so she is self level leveling it for me. I use the fp packs from spot one on her buildings to make sure I get spots on others I trade into. I am very happy that she does not count fp packs from spot one as part of our trade. However there is a new rule in the trade that I can’t drop more that 300fp into a trade in one day. The rule happened after a great day of spoils of war.
I have 11 GBs built at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38784

Being a part of a guild means having to contribute. Some guild require their members to regularly aid, participate in GE and GVG, donate guilds to the treasury, have specific GBs that help the guild and so on.

With that being said, you have to draw a line somewhere. If they demand you take so many trades, it's taking a toll on your own progress.

I personally would look for a new guild.

The guild only requires 8 GE encounters and help guild members. I do 24-36 GE encounters a week and donate 100 goods daily with my arc so I feel that I meet the requirements fine. I take any trades for EMA goods I make for other EMA goods or Iron Age goods to be helpful. This rope trade with pressure on me is new. The guild has a good number of HMA campers and this extra high need for EMA goods by the campers has been going on since I joined joined 4 months ago.

DeletedUser

How many quests are people doing daily to to be getting 250 goods a day with a lower level Château?
The trick is to have the other goods producing GBs (ToB, LoA, SMB, at least) and also event buildings that produce goods, the Chateau to get goods/FP/medals/etc. from things you do anyway (like collecting from your city and spending FP), and fight through most of the GE that you do. In my cities I do minimal RQs per day and usually have no goods buildings (with one minor and one major exception). I fight as much GE as I possibly can (having the Traz helps with this immensely), and only negotiate if it's part of a DC that I really want, or for an event or Story/Bonus/Side quest that I can't abort. The two methods for accumulating goods is either to produce a ton of them, or produce a modest amount and minimize usage. I employ the second method. The vast majority of the goods I actually use go to either the tech tree or building GBs.

DeletedUser38784

The trick is to have the other goods producing GBs (ToB, LoA, SMB, at least) and also event buildings that produce goods, the Chateau to get goods/FP/medals/etc. from things you do anyway (like collecting from your city and spending FP), and fight through most of the GE that you do. In my cities I do minimal RQs per day and usually have no goods buildings (with one minor and one major exception). I fight as much GE as I possibly can (having the Traz helps with this immensely), and only negotiate if it's part of a DC that I really want, or for an event or Story/Bonus/Side quest that I can't abort. The two methods for accumulating goods is either to produce a ton of them, or produce a modest amount and minimize usage. I employ the second method. The vast majority of the goods I actually use go to either the tech tree or building GBs.

Thank you. As of right now, I have zero goods GB's but have some event buildings which give goods. I am trying to get to a better fighting city that I can do more of GE by fighting instead of trading. Can I ask what are the two exceptions to no goods buildings? I use my army mainly to attack the hood in hopes of finding goods or FP.
Can I ask as a city with no houses, 6 supply buildings for quests, and all of my ToK out if there is a better use of the remaining space than goods buildings? I have 11 GB's right now and want to level them before adding any more. (Zeus, CoM, CoA, Arc, Himeji, Kraken, ToR, Inno, Traz, Cape, HS)

BruteForceAttack

P
Thank you. As of right now, I have zero goods GB's but have some event buildings which give goods. I am trying to get to a better fighting city that I can do more of GE by fighting instead of trading. Can I ask what are the two exceptions to no goods buildings? I use my army mainly to attack the hood in hopes of finding goods or FP.
Can I ask as a city with no houses, 6 supply buildings for quests, and all of my ToK out if there is a better use of the remaining space than goods buildings? I have 11 GB's right now and want to level them before adding any more. (Zeus, CoM, CoA, Arc, Himeji, Kraken, ToR, Inno, Traz, Cape, HS)

Can you post screenshot of your city?

If you have supply buildings, add LoA first, you dont have to wait till the other gbs reach 10. By Tok if you mean Sok, I'd add SMB as well. By quests do you mean recurring quests? if so, add chateau as well.

On your rope thingi...you dont have to take the trades. Let the guild leaders do it, or find another guild.

I'd say you also post a ton your rope for EMA goods, if other take it...you can share that with some of the guild members...Mentally keep a tab on who's trade you are taking and dont take a lot of trades from the same person over and over again.

DeletedUser38784

FOE 17 jul.jpg By Quest, I mean the daily or events
Tok I mean Sok thought they were temples sorry

Here is the lovely city

DeletedUser

Can I ask what are the two exceptions to no goods buildings?
I meant that two of my cities are exceptions. The minor exception is an Iron Age city that has one goods building just because. In other words, there's no real reason why I have it. The major exception is my OF city and that's mainly because you have to use current era goods to produce the OF special good and I don't feel like clicking endlessly to do RQs in that era.

DeletedUser29623

By Quest, I mean the daily or events

So you’re not doing the Recurring Quests?

You should check out @Toolbox Danny's condensed version of the Heavy Questing guide written long ago by Cosmic Raven. It's here. (The original version is in a thread of superhuman length, and is somewhat outdated.) Basically, it's 24-hour supply building quests and setting up your city to do a lot of them, but you can modify that as suits you. Since you have so many supplies, you might just want to do Unbirthday Quests. The Chat does work in concert with GBs like StM, LoA, etc., so that you can do the maximum number of "Collect X coins/supplies quests," too. Even at level 10, the Chat is pretty powerful, especially in HMA and LMA. It also gives Fps as quest rewards.

DeletedUser29623

Also, be aware that the Chat doesn’t affect Daily Challenges or most event quests.

DeletedUser38784

So you’re not doing the Recurring Quests?

You should check out @Toolbox Danny's condensed version of the Heavy Questing guide written long ago by Cosmic Raven. It's here. (The original version is in a thread of superhuman length, and is somewhat outdated.) Basically, it's 24-hour supply building quests and setting up your city to do a lot of them, but you can modify that as suits you. Since you have so many supplies, you might just want to do Unbirthday Quests. The Chat does work in concert with GBs like StM, LoA, etc., so that you can do the maximum number of "Collect X coins/supplies quests," too. Even at level 10, the Chat is pretty powerful, especially in HMA and LMA. It also gives Fps as quest rewards.

I do about 10 recurring a day
3 gold
1 supply number gained
3 unbirthday
And a couple 25fp
I don’t see more being done as I don’t do the 2-24hour supplies, I did a lot more before the Inno

Some days I do up to 30 if spending a lot of forge packs, or lots of fp from spoils of war/daily
I do the unbirthday and 25fp extra times

That is why I asked about the number quest you do that the Château is useful
As for the LoA it is not of much use for so few supply pick ups and is a high loss of goods at the lower levels.
The coin % increases are something I am looking at needing as I level as I am barely increasing at the moment in a week I gain about 100k coin.
I did read the heavy questing guide which was why I got the Château goods and bps but at this point it doesn’t feel like a good fit.

DeletedUser29623

That is why I asked about the number quest you do that the Château is useful

Ok, I see now. Yes, you are in a relatively new position on account of the HC.

I don’t count the # of quests I do per day, but at this point my two Chats are 74 and 78, so I don’t need to do a lot. In HMA and LMA (where you can get two RQ slots) I tried to do a lot of 2 24-hour supply quests, although not to the degree real heavy questers do. All I can tell you is that once I got my Chat to 10 in HMA, I was able to eliminate all goods buildings. I don’t remember how many RQs I did then, but it was probably more than 10

DeletedUser29623

Also, I don’t fight at all, which means I had enough to negotiate all 4 levels of GE

Vger

Here is the lovely city
If this was my city, I would do 2 things: Pat myself on the back for a job well done so far. Then I would plot a strategy for moving up to HMA as soon as possible after the summer event starts.

Why? Assuming this years summer event is like the previous ones (and I think it is), there won't be any neighborhood shuffles for the duration, which is close to 2 months.

Being HMA in a mostly EMA neighborhood has its advantages ;)

The strategy part is: moving up an age during an event can make it harder. Some quests may be hard to do, right? Use the unofficial FOE site to get the list of quests, and figure out when you can make the jump without getting knackered. Doing it on a Tuesday is best (because GE). I think you have the resources to do a complete melt and repour of your city in probably a day or 2, unless you are hoarding everything but FPs.

You listed these things as your goals:
1. Have a city rank of 1mil currently 750k
2. Have an attack boost of 150% currently 45%
3. Have 12500 EMA goods currently 6000

How do these goals help you advance your city faster?
  1. Rank. Ranking points mean nothing. Except maybe to intimidate your neighbors or as an ego boost. If you are HMA, that will intimidate most of the LMA hood.
  2. You can never have enough attack boost, of course. But if you are HMA and most of the hood is LMA, how much do you really need?
  3. Goods. Good grief, why? Having more goods than you need is fine up to a point. Beyond that point, your city is just producing junk you will never use, instead of stuff you really need. If you have HMA goods to trade, there will probably be a demand for that in your LMA hood over the next couple months.
And, um, this is just my humble opinion, but HMA and Colonial rock. EMA and LMA are just annoyances you need to move through to get to them.

DeletedUser38784

Ok, I see now. Yes, you are in a relatively new position on account of the HC."

Thank you for all of your reply and the point of telling them to get over the rope I was NOT trading for it. I am looking at finding a new guild, think of trying to move to a guild that does GE and dabbles in GvG. I am now about to transfer as I am trying to get more into fighting.

I do think the HC has put me in an odd point for strategy as you see very few HC in my hood to date one by a player with a 7mil town, it is not a common building at my level and for me produces way too many supplies for my need cause the small number of supply buildings. The Inno is another building that I put in to open up land which it did but I didn't think about coins very much and now have a small problem of not making many coins The open land was filled with the cape, Kraken and CoA.

I have the 11 GB's but only the HC and Arc are above level five. I have asked for advice from my guild and most of the time it was put in that GB for a problem. The large effect is many very low-level GB's and as such, I now ask lots of questions about putting in more GB's.

DeletedUser38784

If this was my city, I would do 2 things: Pat myself on the back for a job well done so far. Then I would plot a strategy for moving up to HMA as soon as possible after the summer event starts.

Why? Assuming this years summer event is like the previous ones (and I think it is), there won't be any neighborhood shuffles for the duration, which is close to 2 months.

Being HMA in a mostly EMA neighborhood has its advantages ;).

I spent today plundering my hood that is about 75% EMA and 25% HMA. I had no problem with the HMA cities but did not plunder the 4 towns ranked above me.

How do these goals help you advance your city faster?
  1. Rank. Ranking points mean nothing. Except maybe to intimidate your neighbors or as an ego boost. If you are HMA, that will intimidate most of the LMA hood.
  2. You can never have enough attack boost, of course. But if you are HMA and most of the hood is LMA, how much do you really need?
  3. Goods. Good grief, why? Having more goods than you need is fine up to a point. Beyond that point, your city is just producing junk you will never use, instead of stuff you really need. If you have HMA goods to trade, there will probably be a demand for that in your LMA hood over the next couple months.
And, um, this is just my humble opinion, but HMA and Colonial rock. EMA and LMA are just annoyances you need to move through to get to them.

1. The guild leader in my guild are giving people 250 free FP for reaching 1 mil, and no other reason. My rank is high enough that I am not attacked very much.
2. The goal is to get Zeus, CoM and CoA all up to level ten from three where they are right now.
3. IN my market there is a real lack of EMA good for trade for HMA goods. I trade for most of my GE right now so want a good amount of goods with the understanding that there is little ability to trade for EMA good with HMA goods.

With the planned change of guilds. Reason one is gone, and I hope that reason three self solves. The want for the three GB levelled up is not going anywhere but could be done at the next level as easily as this level. As for FP I have a small amount of 600 in packs right now.

DeletedUser37581

On beta, neighborhood shuffles are taking place as usual during the summer event.

Triopoly Champion

Does it have the same value: Yes and no.

Yes - a lot of guilds have 1:1 fair trade ratios for same age goods
No - there will always be imbalances based on who has which goods boosts and whether they use one, two or none of those boosts. It’s difficult to give an absolute as what’s true for one guild isn’t for another due to those boosts
Depending on how many GBs the HMA players have, if they own ToB, LoA and SMB, the chance ropes drop just as high as other HMA goods, also running Recurring Quests using a huge level 80 Arc won't be too hard.

Ropes worth less for the noobs using goods buildings because you can fit 2 compare to other HMA goods buildings - only 1.

Stone worth way more than other 4 BA goods because most BA players are either newbies or noobs. Alabaster and Granite still worth more than the other 3 EMA goods, but from HMA up, most noobs either already quit the game or not even in a decent guild.

In Colonial, Porcelain and Tar worth just as much as Paper. I still prefer Porcelain because AF AI Data is rare.

Emberguard

I hear that the Château enable people to get rid of the the goods buildings.
I have ten EMA goods building, it is one of my biggest uses of land. I have coins 2mil (slow build up) and supplies 7mil(Himeji so very fast buildup) so no problem paying for goods.
How many quests are people doing daily to to be getting 250 goods a day with a lower level Château?

Fp is one of my big limits as my city could use 25k+ to level the current one for bps I currently have.
Uh..... a lot. Like steph said if you do them you really need to combine it with other activities

On beta, neighborhood shuffles are taking place as usual during the summer event.
Think that's how it worked last year too. Because you can refresh the wheel at any time there's very little lost from having a shuffle. Whereas in Carnival losing 1-2k in the pot from a shuffle and not a neighbour would be disastrous for everyone

DeletedUser38784

Thank everyone that answered this thread about the value of rope.
I do see now that my view that it is not of equal value is a bit tainted due to the guild leaders and their "Fair Trade" combined with pressure to buy the rope. I am also beginning to think the guild has a larger problem in helping beginners so while the rope problem is giant there is also a problem buying down for all ages until Colonial Era but any but all trades to buy up an age are very very fast.
Second thank for the help in understanding the Chateau and its effects with RQ on goods collection.

Third a big extra thanks for those who looked at my city and goals to make suggestions and have me think on what and why of the things I am doing.