• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The value of rope vs other HMA goods

DeletedUser38784

An odd question does rope have an equal value to other HMA goods?

My guild puts up a lot of pressure to have guild members take in-guild trades even if they are not needed by you so all guild has goods for GE.

My question comes from three parts.
A. I know that for 10 rope in 8 hours you pay the same amount of coin and supplies as other EMA.
B. There is a ton of rope on the market so it is hard to turn in to other good (over 3000 rope on my market) and I have not been able to trade it 1:1 with other HMA goods.
C. This one is the my biggest question rope is a 2x3 building and other goods are 3x4 for HMA. I know if I had a rope deposit I could easily double the number of rope building thereby doubling the yield of the bigger buildings.

The reason of this question is I feel I should help others by trading but I don’t buy rope, however about every two weeks someone in the HMA post that they have to get EMA good in order to complete GE. I traded all of Creatures(the member in need two weeks ages) trades which I could when he posted at 1:1.75 (which was over 3000 goods), not the normal 1:2. Is my want of 1:1.75 trade ratio me being stingy? The players looking for EMA goods are looking for 1000 of each of the good.

Godly Luke

Rope is a pretty common good. I wouldn't buy goods from the market unless it is from the next era or goods I need badly.

DeletedUser38784

Rope is the next era good for me but I have a ton from the last person.
What is a good way to deal with the guild pushing me to buy it?

Godly Luke

Rope is the next era good for me but I have a ton from the last person.
What is a good way to deal with the guild pushing me to buy it?
If they are pushing you to buy it, I would tell them no, my account, my play style, my city etc. Don't let them push you into doing something you don't want to do.

DeletedUser

DeletedUser38784

Thanks, I have been looking at the want of 1000 od each good as very high for GE

DeletedUser31540

I spent a year in HMA with a rope deposit ... i produced entirely too much rope before i was able to rid myself of my goods buildings

By the end of that year i had completely plummeted the price of rope on the open markets i had access to .... no one wanted it lol

I had to trade 100 rope for 50 alabastor and even those trades werent getting picked up

I expect rope is the least valuable hma good in most markets by a fair amount!

I feel like tuckertao just took over my mind and body and made this post haha

DeletedUser38784

The larger problem for me is that it is not one player but players. The first player two weeks ago had his trades up for weeks as 1:2 rope:EMA goods before lower the cost of his rope. The guild leaders have recently taken to point out every time a member posts a non fair trade and saying it is wrong even if the poster is the person taken less than the fair trade. Please note for higher levels the guild does not use 1:2 but the other ratios. Only the lower levels was 1:2 for era above or below.

Emberguard

Does it have the same value: Yes and no.

Yes - a lot of guilds have 1:1 fair trade ratios for same age goods
No - there will always be imbalances based on who has which goods boosts and whether they use one, two or none of those boosts. It’s difficult to give an absolute as what’s true for one guild isn’t for another due to those boosts

Emberguard

Nobody needs 1000 of each good to complete GE. Nobody.
Agreed. Pretty sure when I was new I only needed 200 of each good to negotiate GE once getting as far as my troops could get and completed lvl 4 (which would be a thousand total plus previous age)

Can’t remember lvl of my GBs but it was Iron Age and negotiated the majority of it

Last edited:

Emberguard

@Nashtah heres what I think those players need to do:
(1) work on their attacking GBs
(2) work with what they have / build their second deposit goods building

If they’re completing the minimum requirement of GE then they don’t need more GE goods, they /want/ GE goods. I’d be asking them how far they’re getting without negotiating before deciding how many goods they need

If it were a once off then fair enough, but each week? No one can be expected to support other players like that. If the city can’t stand it needs to build itself up

DeletedUser29623

I would also say that it's more on the higher level players to take care of these trades, as they mostly don't need the lower-age goods and it doesn't matter to them if their stock of those goods gets imbalanced. In my A world guild, the leader, who is in Mars, routinely picks up my trades for lower age goods. I always try to pick up trades for the next age up because I have plenty of current-age goods and know that some other guildie probably needs them for GE, but that's because I have 25K of all my current-age goods. No one has ever pressured me to do this, or even asked me to.

But even if you are not a wizard negotiator and are negotiating all 4 levels of GE, you need at most 400 of each good per week. So I do think the player(s) who are asking for this have a significant problem of some kind, and that is what the guild should be trying to solve. Also, if that person needs that many goods, they should be working on their Chateau. Trying to make them yourself is a mug's game if you are playing with a style that consumes a lot of goods.

DeletedUser38784

Thank you for the information on the both GE and the trade for large amounts goods in a lower age.

As a player I am right now adding 1k-1.5k of EMA goods each week to my inventory as I work on leveling my GB’s to level ten. I have already built a small stock of HMA goods for when I level so that I am not short in the first couple weeks at the higher era. I don’t have my Château built even after getting all the goods and bp due to the realization that I do about 10 quests a day and have a lot of low level GB that need to be leveled before adding more. I feel low level(1-5) GB are generally not great uses of land.

My goal is to complete one of these three actions before leveling up to HMA
1. Have a city rank of 1mil currently 750k
2. Have an attack boost of 150% currently 45%
3. Have 12500 EMA goods currently 6000

Trading for rope does not help my goal.

DeletedUser29623

Well, the Chateau will enable you to delete all goods-producing buildings, but it sounds your guildie needs it more than you do.

DeletedUser38784

I hear that the Château enable people to get rid of the the goods buildings.
I have ten EMA goods building, it is one of my biggest uses of land. I have coins 2mil (slow build up) and supplies 7mil(Himeji so very fast buildup) so no problem paying for goods.
How many quests are people doing daily to to be getting 250 goods a day with a lower level Château?

Fp is one of my big limits as my city could use 25k+ to level the current one for bps I currently have.

Jern2017

Being a part of a guild means having to contribute. Some guild require their members to regularly aid, participate in GE and GVG, donate guilds to the treasury, have specific GBs that help the guild and so on.

With that being said, you have to draw a line somewhere. If they demand you take so many trades, it's taking a toll on your own progress.

I personally would look for a new guild.

ODragon

I hear that the Château enable people to get rid of the the goods buildings.
I have ten EMA goods building, it is one of my biggest uses of land. I have coins 2mil (slow build up) and supplies 7mil(Himeji so very fast buildup) so no problem paying for goods.
How many quests are people doing daily to to be getting 250 goods a day with a lower level Château?

What world are you on?