• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The Watchfire Controversy

DeletedUser26965

Not to take anything away but that seems like a pretty tame atk/def bonus for a top 3 player. Maybe because R is relatively young?
The #4 player on D has 177/147, I know because he just attacked me lol.
CDM 54/52%
SoZ 68/59%
CoA 21/36%
Total 147

DennBo 218/94
CDM 13/32%
SoZ 11/31%
CoA 11/31%
Total 94

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26120

I just beat someone at 300%+ def same age troops.

And I was using Tanks, not AAVs. Still only lost 2 men.

Watchfire Controversy indeed.

DeletedUser26154

Not to take anything away but that seems like a pretty tame atk/def bonus for a top 3 player. Maybe because R is relatively young?

It is one of the newer realms.
And worth pointing out.
All the realm above me I tried, were horrible plunder worlds.
The closer you get to Z.

images.jpg

The nicer the neighborhoods.

DeletedUser26154

all Champs

Champs hold their own until Arctic Future.
Then Other units outshine the Champion.
Champions are great for offensive fighting on flat plains terrain, when facing a bunch of Ranged and Fast units.

You'll want Necessary traits such as Reactive Armor, Stealth, Ability to Ignore Stealth, Heat, Mortar and Contact.
Champs hit hard and have some of the best attack bonuses.
They are best used for specific roles.
Champs are not good for city defense once you are in Arctic Future.

b2fe1e9953b4433a521e9d4b1729282e.png

You'll want City Defense units with that Extra Something.

DeletedUser

Champs hold their own until Arctic Future.
Then Other units outshine the Champion.
Champions are great for offensive fighting on flat plains terrain, when facing a bunch of Ranged and Fast units.

You'll want Necessary traits such as Reactive Armor, Stealth, Ability to Ignore Stealth, Heat, Mortar and Contact.
Champs hit hard and have some of the best attack bonuses.
They are best used for specific roles.
Champs are not good for city defense once you are in Arctic Future.

View attachment 6042

You'll want City Defense units with that Extra Something.
You might be right, but Dursland and I are in CE, so what works in AF is kind of irrelevant to our situation.

ITown

I used AF units to wipe out an OF/AF combo army boosted 60/750%. If you use the right units and have a solid attack boost, you can overcome virtually any defense boost.

DeletedUser26154

I used AF units to wipe out an OF/AF combo army boosted 60/750%.

I am not calling you a liar.
Next time that happens and if you can capture the screen shots.
I'd like to see it.
Not for verification, because I don't think you're lying.

fsfs.png

I want to use that information to better my own defenses.

DeletedUser26965

View attachment 6049

How's that coming along in Beta, @sloppyjoeslayer ?
Don't know, they had that feedback page and that was last we heard but it's only been a couple weeks and it seems for things like this they take their time on, the new GB interface has been in development since like last December, even before then really it was just starting feedback then, still waiting on Incidents to be fully rolled out, the new quest interface still being worked on but damn if expansions and events get held back for improvement lol oh no those on schedule and Beta is merely a stepping stone:rolleyes:

Edit: woke up and this was here lol
reno kit deal - Copy.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28903

There's one guy in my hood with 300%+ def, I can beat him without losses.

Edit: and even if it were higher I could still beat it. I keep a list of notably high defenses and go in with attached rogues so I lose nothing for doing it.
This sort of numbers depends on the age you are in. I am the worst plunderer I have seen, but I am in Colonial Age. About 50% will stop me, and 30% defense is a deterrent.
In EMA, when you get the monastery, that 20% was huge, almost enough to stop me by itself. But I took mine down in Late middle ages, because Ritual Flames are a better use of space and I have more of those than I need. I have one in storage. Those are harder to find space for than watchtowers. I only have one Watchtower, which I got in the carnival event. They have not appeared very much this year, and to some extent, you have to give up better prizes to get them.
Special note to you other plunderers: I have invested fp for the best plunder. These guys who do not know how to defend themselves also have non-optimal investment of their fp--putting them into their OWN GB instead of others. That makes a profit opportunity. For a tiny fp investment, you can get extra fp back plus medals. (and too many bp--oh well.)

DeletedUser28903

Once you get to a point, you can delete them or at least, no longer rely on them.
Newer players like myself [been here a year] still like to hoard and cling to every premium we win.
Once you've been here as long as some of our FoE Veterans, you make different choices.
They can, for example, level up their Cape.
If anything, I would install a Cape when I'm making the goods needed for it with my G.B.s.
I would never level it.
And I would have to have nothing better to place there.

But if you've been here for three, four, five years, then you have a different outlook.
Cities evolve and you can get to a point where Watchfires are obsolete.
Until then...

View attachment 3980

I'm keeping mine too.
The top player in Arvahall has about 50 watchfires.

ITown

I am not calling you a liar.
Next time that happens and if you can capture the screen shots.
I'd like to see it.
Not for verification, because I don't think you're lying.

View attachment 6048

I want to use that information to better my own defenses.
Unfortunately that player is no longer my neighbor.

I used 1 behemoth + 7 rogues against 5 eels and 3 dragon drones. Lost 6 units but won.