• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The Watchfire Controversy

DeletedUser26120

lol checking their GBs for easy rewards is something I never considered.

I've actually found myself with a bit of spare fp lately, I'll try it!

DeletedUser26154

I'm in LMA

koninck_salomon-zzz-an_old_scholar.png

They had good beards back then.

I'm at 133% and I can break 300+% def.

The Turturret Ocean Future Artillery Unit is a City Defense Game Changer.
Turturrets can hit multiple targets at once.
And with how the A.I. loves bunching your defending units together...
Gone are the days of the Heavy Unit Defense.

images.jpg

That's why Champions downgrade in respective quality, and join the rest of the so-called average units.
Turturrets hit early and your line of defending Heavy units get multiple, attack bonus bombardments before they can react.
Unless they are the type of units that can act before the Turturrets can get their shots.

in order to save this planet i had to trick it.png

Or you use stealth units, but the A.I. is unreliable at best and loves putting stealth units in un-stealthy places.

DeletedUser

View attachment 6121

They had good beards back then.

The Turturret Ocean Future Artillery Unit is a City Defense Game Changer.
Turturrets can hit multiple targets at once.
And with how the A.I. loves bunching your defending units together...
Gone are the days of the Heavy Unit Defense.

View attachment 6125

That's why Champions downgrade in respective quality, and join the rest of the so-called average units.
Turturrets hit early and your line of defending Heavy units get multiple, attack bonus bombardments before they can react.
Unless they are the type of units that can act before the Turturrets can get their shots.

View attachment 6123

Or you use stealth units, but the A.I. is unreliable at best and loves putting stealth units in un-stealthy places.
I'm not there yet, and I don't know if you're talking about someone attacking with all Turturrets, but they can't hit Dragon Drones, can they? Throw a couple of them into your defense. Feel free to tell me if I'm wrong. As I said, I'm not that far yet.

DeletedUser

I attacked/plundered most of my hood tonight. A few times I retreated due to high defense boost, but every time except one I thought about it. Once I didn't have to think about it. With this guy.

upload_2017-8-29_20-41-12.png

957% defense boost. I didn't even stay there long enough to see what attack boost he had to go with it. LOL

Then I had another guy try to retaliate for my predations. He hit one of my Champs, did one tick of damage, and retreated.

Watchfires work.

DeletedUser26965

I attacked/plundered most of my hood tonight. A few times I retreated due to high defense boost, but every time except one I thought about it. Once I didn't have to think about it. With this guy.

View attachment 6560

957% defense boost. I didn't even stay there long enough to see what attack boost he had to go with it. LOL

Then I had another guy try to retaliate for my predations. He hit one of my Champs, did one tick of damage, and retreated.

Watchfires work.
That's crazy, I didn't think anyone could out-watchfire ardak kumerin. The thing for me though, this is one of two things I noticed early on in my FoE game-life that I knew early on I did not want to do, the other SoK farms, yes powerful in both respects just not for me. I love the versatility that recurring quests offer. I get to destroy my city and make it how I want to fit mine and my guilds needs at any given time, in the end with that playstyle SoK's and Watchfires just get in the way.

DeletedUser29530

Here's my question, what's a better defense, 300% defense boost from lvl 10 sbc, deal, dresdan, watchfires/rituals? Or the same amount of space in pod homes (1x1 homes) that cause attackers to have something like a 95% chance of looting that instead of something important?

I don't actually have pod homes, but I assume they work like any other residence.

DeletedUser30312

Dresden is happiness and goods, not defense.

A decent balance is generally the way to go I think. You got to balance your defense with your production needs. The main advantage with the defense GBs is that they increase your defense's attack as well as defense, otherwise it'd only be useful for the GvG support bonus since the GBs generally give less defense per tile than a Watchfire or Ritual Flame. Even then, building the Deal is kind of questionable unless you're in a GvG guild. A 300% defense is good against all but the most determined attackers, but honestly those players are the exceptions rather than the rule.

DeletedUser26154

A decent balance is generally the way to go I think.

My single best defense are not my Watch Fires.
Those only stop the Evil Plunderers.
And there are not too many of those on my home server.
Beautiful Rugnir.

images (23).jpg

My Best Defense was being a kind, helpful player.
I always used Fair Trade when I placed my goods on the Market.
I never plundered anyone, and I always made sure people knew that, too.
They were not concerned when my troops paid a visit for only Tower Points.

Being nice has spared me countless times, when my city was young.
Before I had my Watch Fire Defense.
It was my kindness that protected me from a great majority of players who casually plundered.
Plundering is mainly for GvG, of all things.

It's a way for battling Guilds to one-up each other.
To rob each other of needed warfare resources.
It was not intended as a vehicle for some to cause unneeded grief to others.
By the Ways of Evil Plundering.

I heard of one guy, who gets to EMA, then deletes his city.
So he can start back in Bronze Age, and plunder his way to EMA.
Just to repeat the cycle.
That's Evil Plundering for the sake of it and nothing more.

If we compare Evil Plunderers to Blood-sucking Vampires...
And Watch Fires to a Religious Symbol.
What happens then they see it?

6a00d83451d04569e2014e8a53f617970d-500wi.jpg

They turn away.

DeletedUser

Here's my question, what's a better defense, 300% defense boost from lvl 10 sbc, deal, dresdan, watchfires/rituals? Or the same amount of space in pod homes (1x1 homes) that cause attackers to have something like a 95% chance of looting that instead of something important?

I don't actually have pod homes, but I assume they work like any other residence.
You do know that plunderers can pick what they plunder out of whatever plunderable buildings are ready for collection, right? Your post implies that you think plundering works like the aid button. It doesn't, it works like manual mo/po.

DeletedUser28670

I heard of one guy, who gets to EMA, then deletes his city.
So he can start back in Bronze Age, and plunder his way to EMA.
Just to repeat the cycle.
That's Evil Plundering for the sake of it and nothing more.
Ah yes... Who was that again?:p
It was me!

Last edited by a moderator: