• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The Watchfire Controversy

DeletedUser26660

Realistically none of us can 100% say that we will ever be safe from any attack but we can take the best course of actions to suit where we are at any given time in the game. As we get higher and higher we need to constantly review the game scenario and make adjustments accordingly. I am adding to my attack/defense all the time which I recommend with Zeus/CoA/CdM, they can never be too high. The new Cherry sets also helped and we may see more new sets of buildings in future events.

What does make all the difference is not advancing too fast without preparation of attack/defense. If you have zoomed through the eras and low down in your hood then expect attacks all the time as you will be easy pickings, even in same era hoods now. If you have paced yourself and at or near the top of each hood every week and you have a high defense then it is highly unlikely that anyone will break that defense as nobody will be high enough above you to do that.

DeletedUser26965

lol armin, see even your 500 isnt safe. That's freaking 880%+ that got broken.

In oceanic future.
Yeah but it's the same problem that defensive armies face throughout all the Ages/Eras, Lac, and others like him, are not so much beating the massive defense or even a defense with both high Attack and Defense value modifiers, they're just beating a stupid AI that targets Rogues first, make the AI more like later Era GvG/GE and it'll be a different story.

DeletedUser26965

On the outskirts of town where you can't put expansions ;) That's one space efficient city you got there your forum title should be City Planner
lol, oh god no, any new space would automatically go to more Clockmakers of course! It's not my city, it's a city for recurring questers, many buildings, including watchfires, are unnecessary in those types of cities so it doesn't matter how much available space you have or could have theoretically, you won't be using them.

DeletedUser26154

it's a city for recurring questers

Motivations protect a city like that.
All production buildings can be M/P.
M/P prevents plunder.
A city like that needs no Watchfires.
Mine does.
Too many buildings can't be motivated.
So I have Watchfires.
I have Diplomacy.
I have walls of Fair Trade when the Ardak Market is open.

my guys can fight.png

My guys can fight, too.

I M/P all my neighbors every day.
I sent letters of introduction to every single one of them.
I never plunder or steal from anyone.
And I offer food for my neighbor's soldiers.

never getting in.png

After they bounce off my city.

ahsay

Once you get to a point, you can delete them or at least, no longer rely on them.
Newer players like myself [been here a year] still like to hoard and cling to every premium we win.
Once you've been here as long as some of our FoE Veterans, you make different choices.
They can, for example, level up their Cape.
If anything, I would install a Cape when I'm making the goods needed for it with my G.B.s.
I would never level it.
And I would have to have nothing better to place there.

But if you've been here for three, four, five years, then you have a different outlook.
Cities evolve and you can get to a point where Watchfires are obsolete.
Until then...
View attachment 3980
I'm keeping mine too.

This August will make 3 years and I'm keeping mine too. When I see someone without them...those are the players I plunder.

*Arturis*

This August will make 3 years and I'm keeping mine too. When I see someone without them...those are the players I plunder.
When your city gets to the point where you don't need to put anything up that will be plunder-able, or you can self sustain from just your GB alone, there is no need for watchfires or any defensive GB.

ahsay

When your city gets to the point where you don't need to put anything up that will be plunder-able, or you can self sustain from just your GB alone, there is no need for watchfires or any defensive GB.

Then I wont have them. Until then...