• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The Watchfire Controversy

DeletedUser26154

I had to pay 25 Fps to one of my neighbors to attack me and cover his losses.
Fight to the finish and I watched it twice.
Champs + super high defense = safe citizens for my city.

Attacker fought well and used smart planning.
I informed him in advance of what he'd fight.

attackers stats.png v.s. D.png

He had to hit my units 5 - 8 times to kill them.
If he used other units it would have been about the same.

wf for win.png

Get Watch Fires.

thumbs up.png

They work.

DeletedUser

View attachment 4168 v.s. View attachment 4169

View attachment 4170

Get Watch Fires.

View attachment 4171

They work.
I'm not sure yet, but I think you can count ardak on the side of Watchfire supporters.
images

wolfhoundtoo

Have him try with 1 to 2 microwave blasters and 6 rogues. It will also depend on the age you are in as a fight will be much more influenced by the ranges and various special abilities in some of the later ages. TE stealth tanks are too short ranged to take advantage of their stealth much against your champions.

Last but certainly not least you've taken your watch fires to a fairly high mark as most people generally think 200% or so is 'high' and compared to the general boosts at that age that's a pretty tough defense to beat. So yes I agree that watch fires can be useful.........just that you need a LOT of them for them to be useful in warding off most attackers.

Side note - Was he utilizing a tavern boost of 30%? His attack/defense points don't really seem to be indicating that.

Last edited:

DeletedUser26154

Have him try with 1 to 2 microwave blasters and 6 rogues.

Don't be silly.

bane-my-nose-itches.jpg

And I am not an attack-me Forge Point Farm.

That first time was supposed to be a one-time deal.
Happened again because a neighbor was curious.
He didn't set up the deal like the first player did.
I put the FP's on his G.B. as a courtesy.
And also an M/P right after, as a feel-good Ardak Backrub bonus.
If he was inspired by this thread, more power to him.

images.jpg

One more Watch Fire Believer joins the swelling ranks.

*Arturis*

View attachment 4168 v.s. View attachment 4169

View attachment 4170

Get Watch Fires.

View attachment 4171

They work.
If that neighbor of yours build around 30 or more striketeam centers and have a high level AO, you will be in so much trouble.

DeletedUser26154

If that neighbor of yours build around 30 or more striketeam centers and have a high level AO, you will be in so much trouble.

He'd be on my list of friends.
If not, there would be trust.
By now it's almost common knowledge I don't plunder.
Most, if not all the leaders of the hefty battle guilds on Rugnir know I never stole from their members.
And I've had thousands of chances.

That's another reason why I don't plunder.
Some guilds rely on their member's production.
Taking that production can easilly be seen as an affront against their roster.
I GvG NPCs and never attack player-held sectors.
I do nothing to affect anyone else's game in any negative way.

And if nothing else...

fjosi.jpg

My sweet, sweet memes will always come through.

Opozicija

Everything depends on playing style. There is no one solution and one advice. I found defensive GBs worth of space. Everybody have RL and you couldnt pick up every single day your production on time.

I am in HMA, D world, have (18% att ,160% defense). At the moment I am levelling up St.B to lvl.10. From attacking GBs (Zeus lvl.9, CoA lvl 10, Cdm lvl.11)
I like to fight and plunder neighbours.. Usually, in 1 week I plunder all of them at least 2 times. It took me 2 hours to pass whole hood. Results are 10-15 FPs, hundreds of goods, coins and suplies I plunder only for finishing quests.. With plundered goods I negotiate GE lvl.4.

If I wouldnt do that, my ritual flames and watchfires would be just waste of space because game isnt so sharp, you could buy shield for your city and sleep like a baby.. With this game style, I often get the mssgs in inbox full of insults so defense is necessary..:D

DeletedUser28371

Just wanted to say that if you dont attack others its not likely that you will have problems.. If you play agressive and have a buildings which are easy to plunder (terrace farm, aviary, cherry buildings..)you have target on your forhead... just like Bruce on your picture..:)

Better safe than sorry..;)
Which is why you have watchfires. So you can plunder if you want to.

DeletedUser11463

I've seen and been on both sides. Plunderer and plunderee (is that a word). Watchfires are nothing more than a deterrent. I've attacked over 400% and won but not often and it is very costly. One new thing that is going to be good for defense is the turtle things in OF. Put one or two of those in your defense and watch the opponents 7 rogues get changed in 2 shots. Then the battle is a bit more even. They don't have much impact as their attack isn't that great but they need to be killed quick or they do major damage and they don't need to advance to attack the majority of the map either. Say goodbye to the 1x7 rogue attack with those.

DeletedUser

There was a story on the local news tonight about "securing" your house. Of course, the truth is that you can't, you can only try to deter someone from choosing your house. That's what Watchfires, Ritual Flames, the Monastery, defense boost GBs, and the rest do, they deter (with varying degrees of success) another player from choosing you.

DeletedUser26154

Just wanted to say that if you dont attack others its not likely that you will have problems..

Very true. That's something I followed way before I had my Watch fires.

welcome_to_the_internet_16.png

Diplomacy, good will, friendly contact, fair trade, and just being a good neighbor.

DeletedUser26154

I've attacked over 400% and won

Once you reach the "Sweet Spot"...
Where your jacked defense does more for you, than their rogues taking first hit, does for them.

Once you are at that point and beyond... it all changes.
Bringing the right units help.
I use 8 Heavy Champion Units for my City Defense and nothing else.

fe4e427c2a4101038db43423505c0ed8.png

I am at the Sweet Spot.
No matter what people bring of my era, or one era higher...

images.jpg

They can't touch this.

[Done Editing]

Last edited by a moderator: