• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Thematic City Arrangement - Do you do it?

Willokeays

Do you pay attention to the thematics of the buildings in your city as to where you place them? I do. There's no practical game-reason to do this, but for some reason, I do it anyway.

I figure people don't want to live next door to Alcatraz, so I keep my Residential building away from it. Likewise, people don't want to live next to the Abandoned Asylum or the Dark Doorway, or other Halloween buildings.

I keep sports-related buildings and decorations together. I put the Magnum Opus in front of something that would make a good painting. And I'll often keep Christmas buildings together as well.
Yes! I play mostly to build my city the way I want it to look. It takes a bit longer to raise gold and supplies, but I never saw a reason to have 10 of one type of building when there are so many options to choose from.

I’d love to see others who have “Decorative” cities - and hear how strategy plays into your design.

mineseA

I just do it in the most efficient way honestly. And so for that reason, I have about a couple hundred people living next to haunted buildings and great buildings thousands of years ahead. (I´m in INA by the way)