• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Thieves & Burgerlars

• Thread starter DeletedUser43117
  • Start date

- KQ -

I don't know that it has been changed. I know that players have come to the Forum and complained about being plundered after putting up the City Shield. I can only assume that this is because the plunder is still viable after a successful attack despite the CS. Maybe someone has a neighbor that will cooperate in a test of this?

My neighbors never consult with me before they put up a shield. It would be an interesting experiment. I was kind of surprised at the time. I may have to volunteer to be the victim in this scheme.

Emberguard

Has the ability to plunder been changed. I had an instance where I won the battle and while I was searching for something worthwhile to plunder I received a notification that the city had a city shield. This occurred maybe a bit over a year ago
The only way I could think of that happening is for a manual battle if the shield is put up during the fight. I know in GE and GvG you can be kicked out of a battle if a DA is defeated or the GE ends. So my assumption is the shield would work in a similar manner

I know it's possible for a popup to say a building was collected by the owner before you pick it up

- KQ -

The only way I could think of that happening is for a manual battle if the shield is put up during the fight. I know in GE and GvG you can be kicked out of a battle if a DA is defeated or the GE ends. So my assumption is the shield would work in a similar manner

I know it's possible for a popup to say a building was collected by the owner before you pick it up

Could be. I figured the timing was bad luck on my part. The chances of it happening again are slight. I've cut my attacking and plundering since then to nearly nothing

Starrnico

Is there any real way to stop a thief?
My tavern is not high enough to even give me the option to use the wall, I HAVE my army set to guard (not that that helps) and I have tried talking to the (bleep) guy. He responds as a condescending jerk and continues to attack and steal from me.
I have read in the wiki that they are only supposed to be able to steal from one building, but he's constantly taking from multiple daily to the point I am stalled out, can't do anything at all. How do I stop this jerk???

Emberguard

You can attack once per 24 hrs, and plunder once per successful attack. Doesn't matter when inbetween attacks as long as the plunder is within 24 hrs of the last attack. Your best friend is going to be motivations on your buildings as anything motivated cannot be plundered. Work on replacing out your goods buildings with anything motivatable that produces goods when motivated.

I have tried talking to the (bleep) guy. He responds as a condescending jerk and continues to attack and steal from me.
I empathize that you want to prevent your productions from being taken, and if they responded in a inappropriate manner that can be reported. But at the same time I wouldn't expect them to stop plundering just from being asked. Asking them to not plunder is asking them to stop playing the game, attack and defense is part of the game design.

wolfhoundtoo

Collecting on time will do it, motivation as pointed out above, varying your collection times (might not stop it but decreases the chances of them knowing when your stuff is ready), during events look to gain event buildings that generate whatever it is you are making that is getting plundered (usually goods or fps and make sure said building can be motivated so it can't be plundered), the use of Great Buildings to generate goods, and if you can find people to fill your tavern you can expand that (eventually) to earn enough silver that you can put up a city shield (at strategic times) which will prevent you from being attacked and thus not being plundered.

Oh and there is a great building called Galeta tower that gives you a % chance of having an attempt to plunder you fail.

BruteForceAttack

My tavern is not high enough to even give me the option to use the wall, I HAVE my army set to guard (not that that helps) and I have tried talking to the (bleep) guy. He responds as a condescending jerk and continues to attack and steal from me.
I have read in the wiki that they are only supposed to be able to steal from one building, but he's constantly taking from multiple daily to the point I am stalled out, can't do anything at all. How do I stop this jerk???

Check this GB: https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Galata_Tower

..." Asking them to not plunder is asking them to stop playing the game, attack and defense is part of the game design. " .....

When someone is hugely bigger/stronger than you, this is called bullying. If the game does not have any way to prevent this ... if it's not possible to play this game without being bullied, then it's not worth playing.

icarusethan

..." Asking them to not plunder is asking them to stop playing the game, attack and defense is part of the game design. " .....

When someone is hugely bigger/stronger than you, this is called bullying. If the game does not have any way to prevent this ... if it's not possible to play this game without being bullied, then it's not worth playing.
go away then

wolfhoundtoo

this is not a game that lets you opt out of interacting with other players so if that's a deal breaker for you then yes you should move on to another game. Last I heard Inno has a game pretty similar to this called Elvenar in which you can't attack your neighbors so you might want to try that game.

Goth Almighty

Simple answer: yes. Pick up all your goods only once a day and be there exactly 24 hours after the last pickup. Since the thief can't know to the exact minute (or hour, practically speaking) when your goods will be available, he/she can't plunder what doesn't exist.

Graviton

If this turns out to be a bully game, there are plenty of other places to have fun. A better solution, though, would be for the bullies to bully each other and leave alone the players who just want to enjoy building.

Learn to play the game or go play another one. Lots of info on these forums and other sources on how to mitigate/eliminate being plundered. It's completely under your control. And then if you still can't deal with it, follow @wolfhoundtoo 's sage advise and try Elvenar, which really is a building game. Also, stop using the word "bully", it's tapped out as emotional appeals go.

Emberguard

You can prevent it, but it’s upto you as the city owner to manage your city based on how much importance you place on preventing that. It might take some time to set up to the point where you’re satisfied with the plunder protection but you can prevent plunder.

As long as you have plunderable buildings, set up your production cycles at a time that suits you so you can collect it before they do

Choose buildings that can’t be plundered over ones that can
Buildings that can be plundered:
Goods buildings (from your build menu)​
Anything not motivated​
Most set buildings​

Plunderproof buildings
Anything motivated​
“All Ages” buildings: buildings that automatically age up with you. These appear as “all ages“ when viewed in inventory​
Crows Nest​
Statue of Honour​
Great Buildings​
Military​
Town Hall​
Tavern Boosts: I’d first concentrate on building up your tavern before you activate the city shield. That’ll allow you to build the silver back up a lot faster inbetween uses if you really need it at the time

Friends! You can’t plunder friends or guild members. So send them a friend request and maybe they’ll accept it

Defense boosts: This one we could debate all day on whether it’s worth it and to what extent it should be built. Either you go all in or you don’t bother with it at all and rely on post battle protection. Clearly your defense boosts are not yet upto scratch, so you should probably be focusing on post battle at the moment.

Galata Tower: get the prints. Build it. It has a % chance of preventing plunder. More importantly though it gives you plunderproof goods every 24 hrs that you can use

Algona

No.

Camping in Eras to build up strong attack bonuses is within the rules of the game.

Plundering is specifically within the rules of the gane and encouraged by INNO.

Worse, the mindset of being a victim and the plunderer doing something wrong puts the person being plundered at a huge disadvantage psychologically by playing a game they can't win because their defense can't stop the attacker.

Success lies in realizing that you need to switch to a game you can easily win, denying the plunderer their loot.

Worst of all, you belittle a serious problem by comparing it to a game.

Play how you want, quit if you can;t deal with the fact there will always be better players then you, but I'd sure appreciate you not belittling a real problem with your misconceptions.

Emberguard

Oh yeah one more thing. Look at the cities of other players. See how they've laid out their cities. This isn't to prevent plunder directly, but rather to see if you can get some tips on how to better arrange your own city. A badly laid out city can potentially have the amount of space in it freed up by 1/3 - 1/2 of what's currently being used if it were to be rearranged. Making sure you have as good of a city layout as you can will not only make those plunder losses pale in comparison to what you produce, but will give you a much stronger city that can better cope with simply aging up. If plundering is holding you back from progressing there's a pretty good chance your city layout needs addressing most of all even if you weren't being plundered

Chompman

Seriously, is there any real way to stop a thief who will not stop on their own?
If all else fails and you cannot defend your base and cannot learn how to collect the valuable items on time wait for the two week timer to be up this coming Monday to get a new set of neighbors and hope this person is not in your new neighborhood.

However you always run the risk of others doing the same thing and it's on you to deal with this type of pvp in a game with it like many have and in this game it's very minor.