• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Thieves & Burgerlars

• Thread starter DeletedUser43117
  • Start date

MarktheMagnificent

..." Asking them to not plunder is asking them to stop playing the game, attack and defense is part of the game design. " .....

When someone is hugely bigger/stronger than you, this is called bullying. If the game does not have any way to prevent this ... if it's not possible to play this game without being bullied, then it's not worth playing.
Bye, snowflake. Avoid Candy Crush too, it might make you cry.

DevaCat

Is there any real way to stop a thief?
My tavern is not high enough to even give me the option to use the wall, I HAVE my army set to guard (not that that helps) and I have tried talking to the (bleep) guy. He responds as a condescending jerk and continues to attack and steal from me.
I have read in the wiki that they are only supposed to be able to steal from one building, but he's constantly taking from multiple daily to the point I am stalled out, can't do anything at all. How do I stop this jerk???
Nice necro. Had you read the thread prior to your post you could have answered your own question. Or you could have read any of a great number of existing threads on exactly this topic having good advice and examples to deal with your problem.

Obviously you didn’t, or you wouldn’t have stated a player was “taking from multiple daily” - if you had read anything at all you would know that a successful attack allows for one plunder attempt, not multiple, per day. Your problem is that other people the same day are doing what that one is doing - taking stuff you are not protecting.

How did you message the guy? Whining like you’re doing here, or by cussing him out or calling him an effing bully for stealing your stuff? Did he laugh at you?

To answer your question: yes, there are ways to stop a “thief” - but you will have to do the work and search for them. But I suspect that was not a real question anyway, now was it?

icarusethan

Nice necro. Had you read the thread prior to your post you could have answered your own question. Or you could have read any of a great number of existing threads on exactly this topic having good advice and examples to deal with your problem.

Obviously you didn’t, or you wouldn’t have stated a player was “taking from multiple daily” - if you had read anything at all you would know that a successful attack allows for one plunder attempt, not multiple, per day. Your problem is that other people the same day are doing what that one is doing - taking stuff you are not protecting.

How did you message the guy? Whining like you’re doing here, or by cussing him out or calling him an effing bully for stealing your stuff? Did he laugh at you?

To answer your question: yes, there are ways to stop a “thief” - but you will have to do the work and search for them. But I suspect that was not a real question anyway, now was it?
Mods combine his new post into this thread so don't blame anybody necro but the mods

Starrnico

Actually I did read, and found all the NONanswers like you are putting up here. I HAVE guards, I have the town hall showing that I had ONE person taking from MULTIPLE productions at the same time. My tavern IS NOT YET at the level to allow me to use the wall to stop thieves. AS I SAID BEFORE>

You don't have to be a jerk when I already said these things and you are not paying attention to the words I posted.

Graviton

Actually I did read and found all the NONanswers like you are putting up here.

Read again, then. There are answers to your question(s) all over this forum, as your question(s) has been asked numerous times over the years.

I have the town hall showing that I had ONE person taking from MULTIPLE productions at the same time.

Let's see a screenshot of that, because it's not supposed to be possible. You may have uncovered a bug, OR you're misinterpreting what you're seeing.

My tavern IS NOT YET at the level to allow me to use the wall to stop thieves.

The bottom line is that you're not going to stop attacks. You need to learn how to avoid being plundered after an attack. That's what people are trying to tell you in this thread.

icarusethan

Watch the time stamp. He necroed it before he started a new thread on the same subject. That's the reason the threads got merged, so if you want to blame anyone, blame yourself for not paying attention :p
good call, I noticed that after he posted again and realized he's not the one with the new post... well, there's crybabies EVERYWHERE I guess

Expletive Deleted

One can technically be plundered twice in a day by the same person. It just has to be timed right.
If you attack someone you have 24 hours to plunder them before you can attack again. So if you
Attack, wait 23hrs 55min. Plunder, wait 5min, attack, and plunder again immediately. You CAN hit someone twice in a row. Takes patience and good timing. But that's what high level players are good at.

Graviton

One can technically be plundered twice in a day by the same person. It just has to be timed right.

Of course, but that's two attacks. "Taking from multiple productions at the same time" heavily implies there was only one attack. I'm sure, as you said, there were two attacks, that's why I suggested that Starrnico misinterpreted the log.

Emberguard

Maybe if I try wording this differently? WHY DO MY GUARD TROOPS NOT STOP A THIEF?
The guard troops have boosts seperate from your attack troops, you’ll have to build those stats separately from your attack army

From event buildings:
defending stats:
white shield. Blue swords
attacking stats: red shield. Grey swords

Expletive Deleted

Of course, but that's two attacks. "Taking from multiple productions at the same time" heavily implies there was only one attack. I'm sure, as you said, there were two attacks, that's why I suggested that Starrnico misinterpreted the log.
Exactly. I think that's likely the case. For a new player that isnt aware of the 24hr cycle or how this specific aspect plays, it can easily look like you were just hit twice. And it can be devastating to an early cities production when that happens repeatedly.

The standard answers of boost defense, collect on time, and try to make friends; dont really explain how that function works. Galta has limited chances and only works sometimes so even that doesn't guarantee protection.

Even though there are no specific rules against it. It is bullying when you consistently take down those who have not had the time or opportunity you've had when plundering a single person over and over. This changes if the attacker is doing the same to the rest of the hood. But that cant be seen by the one being hit.

I suggest talking to other hoodies. Create a thread that shares the bullys defense info and when anything is open to plunder. Organize yourselves and take some of your things back. Even if you cant break them on your own. Someone in the hood almost certainly can.

Expletive Deleted

no it is not
If you read the 2nd half of the statement you quoted ( that being the part you didn't quote) I'm making a distinction between A- a player intentionally attacking / plundering a single other individual and taking from them repeatedly regardless of the targets abilities. And B- someone who attacks and plunders the whole hood ( or significant portion) on a daily, which is a legitimate strategy.

We can disagree on what constitutes a bully but in my opinion it comes down to singling someone out vs just utilizing all tools at your disposal. Again, the target cant see that so I suggest communicating with the hood and getting more information.

Graviton

Exactly. I think that's likely the case. For a new player that isnt aware of the 24hr cycle or how this specific aspect plays, it can easily look like you were just hit twice. And it can be devastating to an early cities production when that happens repeatedly.

This is a good point, and one that I think gets overlooked somewhat on this forum: how these things impact beginning players.

We're veterans here, we know how this stuff works. We know that things that are impactful when you're starting out become inconsequential as you age up. New players, they don't usually get that the situation is transient, and that it's completely under their control. Might take awhile to get there, but it is.

The standard answers of boost defense, collect on time, and try to make friends; dont really explain how that function works.

They don't explain specifically how the mechanic works of attacking, then waiting right up until the 24-hr clock expires before plundering, then attacking and plundering again right away, but if you're collecting on time and making sure everything is motivated, you don't have to know how that double-dip plunder works. You can look at defensive losses as what they are: meaningless, 'cause you can't be plundered anyway.

Even though there are no specific rules against it. It is bullying when you consistently take down those who have not had the time or opportunity you've had when plundering a single person over and over.

Gotta disagree with all of this. It's not bullying and it never has been bullying. You could maybe stretch the definition of harrassment to include what you describe but I would never associate it with bullying. And even then, come on...the 'hood changes every two weeks. Suck it up for a few days. It ain't that deep.

I suggest talking to other hoodies. Create a thread that shares the bullys defense info and when anything is open to plunder. Organize yourselves and take some of your things back. Even if you cant break them on your own. Someone in the hood almost certainly can.

Nothing wrong with that, except for use of the word "bully". ;)

Johnny B. Goode

If you read the 2nd half of the statement you quoted ( that being the part you didn't quote) I'm making a distinction between A- a player intentionally attacking / plundering a single other individual and taking from them repeatedly regardless of the targets abilities. And B- someone who attacks and plunders the whole hood ( or significant portion) on a daily, which is a legitimate strategy.

We can disagree on what constitutes a bully but in my opinion it comes down to singling someone out vs just utilizing all tools at your disposal. Again, the target cant see that so I suggest communicating with the hood and getting more information.
To me that is a big waste of time. The best advice I've seen is to just ride it out. Maybe in two weeks the problem naturally disappears.
Maybe if I try wording this differently? WHY DO MY GUARD TROOPS NOT STOP A THIEF?
My advice is to just figure out how to deal with it so it doesn't matter. Build extra goods buildings if that's what's plundered. Level up your Babel and Lighthouse GBs if you have them. If you don't, build them. Unplunderable goods daily. Concentrate on event buildings which can't be plundered or have to be motivated to produce goods/FPs, in which case they can't be plundered unless all they're getting is coins. And let me assure you that the longer you play the game, the less the plundering matters. My cities above Iron Age get attacked all the time. Most of the time my city defense gets beat, because I don't bother with defense boosts. Occasionally some building or other gets plundered. Big whoop. (On a side note, if the same person is plundering more than two buildings in a 24 hour period, contact in-game support and have them check it out.)

I know these plunderings seem like a big deal in the beginning, but you'll get over that feeling if you stick with it and learn the game. They are definitely not worth wasting time over.

Staint Michael

To me that is a big waste of time. The best advice I've seen is to just ride it out. Maybe in two weeks the problem naturally disappears.

My advice is to just figure out how to deal with it so it doesn't matter. Build extra goods buildings if that's what's plundered. Level up your Babel and Lighthouse GBs if you have them. If you don't, build them. Unplunderable goods daily. Concentrate on event buildings which can't be plundered or have to be motivated to produce goods/FPs, in which case they can't be plundered unless all they're getting is coins. And let me assure you that the longer you play the game, the less the plundering matters. My cities above Iron Age get attacked all the time. Most of the time my city defense gets beat, because I don't bother with defense boosts. Occasionally some building or other gets plundered. Big whoop. (On a side note, if the same person is plundering more than two buildings in a 24 hour period, contact in-game support and have them check it out.)

I know these plunderings seem like a big deal in the beginning, but you'll get over that feeling if you stick with it and learn the game. They are definitely not worth wasting time over.