• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Things to do during the coronavirus

DeletedUser33366

At the moment a lot of us are trapped in our homes and I was wondering if some extra tasks could be added to the game to pass the tine,
One thing I have thought of is giving some short events to do.

One thing I have thought of is that the old short term events could be run again. These were the little events that lasted just over a week and were themed around a person such as Marco Polo or Albert Einstein. They had little quests that gave you Random rewards and then when you finished you got a building.

The reason I am suggesting using these is that they will only need a small amount of testing to make sure that new changes made since they were run don't affect them badly.

This was longer the first time, but it disappeared. I just want to tell the computer "I have copied this so I can just paste so don't lose it again as it would be pointless!!!!!!!!!"

Last edited by a moderator:

WinnerGR

Okay here it is again

At the moment a lot of us are trapped in our homes and I was wondering if some extra tasks could be added to the game to pass the tine,
One thing I have thought of is giving some short events to do.

One thing I have thought of is that the old short term events could be run again. These were the little events that lasted just over a week and were themed around a person such as Marco Polo or Albert Einstein. They had little quests that gave you Random rewards and then when you finished you got a building.

The reason I am suggesting using these is that they will only need a small amount of testing to make sure that new changes made since they were run don't affect them badly.

This was longer the first time, but it disappeared. I just want to tell the computer "I have copied this so I can just paste so don't lose it again as it would be pointless!!!!!!!!!"
No way .

DeletedUser33366

I never thought those quests were too overpowered and it is only a temporary thing. However, on my first (deleted by computer) post I asked that people post any ideas that they may have for things to do. Do you have any ideas of things to do?

DeletedUser33366

lol When I do like fifty cycling quests a day, I would have thought that an extra couple wouldn't matter

WinnerGR

I never thought those quests were too overpowered and it is only a temporary thing. However, on my first (deleted by computer) post I asked that people post any ideas that they may have for things to do. Do you have any ideas of things to do?
Go outside and enjoy the fresh air .

DeletedUser33366

Gee. I am burned by your witty repartee. I guess I should have written "do you have any INTELLIGENT ideas of things to do."

DeletedUser33366

Do people really have to go into work to do this? I would be surprised. I worked in IT and I knew programmers who changed the system from home via this thing called the internet. However, if Inno don't have the capacity to do that because of the way that they have set things up, I would accept that.
Don't try your passive aggressive nonsense on me. "I'm talking down to you because I am a caring guy." Oh. yes. That's why you started with statement. Oh that's right you didn't. I know your type. You think you can talk down to people so that you feel good, feeling proud of yourself because you have made them feel bad. And then, if they fight back you say "it's your fault" Sorry mate. I don't feel bad about myself. I made a suggestion hoping to make things better for people and when you replied with "No way" to try and play power games, I was nice and asked if you had any ideas because I wanted to make things better for people you started being rude to me. Good. There is nothing more that I like than replying to trolls because I know that it annoys you when people fight back.

Super Catanian

Go outside and enjoy the fresh air .
Dude, are you that ignorant to not realize that authorities all around the world are advising staying indoors. I don't care if there are no people outside; I'm not risking my health to follow the advice that this gem is.

DeletedUser

Since there is no specific proposal here, I'm going to move this thread to Forge Hall.

The Lady Redneck

Why do you need INNO to do anything to the Game for you. Think for yourself. Start another city in another world and try a different techniques to make it grow. Maybe focus on it as a diamond farm to help your existing city. Or try to figure out ways to build it as a fighting city. What you do is up to you. Or spend more time helping new comers to your guild or hood by passing on the information you have gained already. That will make you more friends who will probably come in handy as you progress. Also try asking advice from higher ranking guild members and trying their suggestions in your own city. If your guild is active in GvG, GE, GBG get more involved with that. There is a whole load of things in the game to try out that can halp you learn and grow. But they do require that you do the thinking

RazorbackPirate

Here is the US, they are encouraging social distancing. Groups less than 10, stay 6 feet apart. There's nothing wrong with getting outside and taking a walk, going on a hike, a bike ride, etc.

On another note, I find it abhorrent that folks are looking to leverage this tragedy to suggest Inno give us more free stuff. Real people are dying, families suffering, and all you can think about is how to get more rewards.

That's a deep, deep sickness. You need help.

Last edited:

DevaCat

<scratching head>

Trying to make sense of this thread on my first coffee was a bad mistake.

First glimmer came about halfway thru seeing that it had been moved from Proposals, rather than being just talking what ifs. The way posts are edited or just vanish without indication they ever existed makes it hard sometimes to understand what's been said and why there are strong reactions being expressed.

Hard to tell if others are unfairly piling onto Op for leveraging the virus topic to try to wheedle free stuff, or whether their response is justified.

So, just a few thoughts. Can we all please discuss the virus or any other IRL event, if we must, down in the tavern and keep it completely separate from the game? Some of us come here to escape reality for a time.

I only got to do the last Historical event (Gengis or Attila?) and I'd like to see them do a few shorter events like that during the year, but something like this has been proposed several times already. Looks like Inno's still going with the mega grinds instead.

If you want or need more to do, please don't ask Inno to add more to the game for you to do. I'm selfish, and what they have already added over the last year has been enough to cripple performance of my old machine. There already is plenty to do, heck -- plant an Arc and level it to 80. That will keep you busy!

Need still more? Go out and play fetch with your dog. Give your Mom a hug. Clean your room. Read a good book. Get on with life.

Graviton

Dude, are you that ignorant to not realize that authorities all around the world are advising staying indoors. I don't care if there are no people outside; I'm not risking my health to follow the advice that this gem is.

You can still go outside for Pete's sake. Calm down.

Don't try your passive aggressive nonsense on me. "I'm talking down to you because I am a caring guy." Oh. yes. That's why you started with statement. Oh that's right you didn't. I know your type. You think you can talk down to people so that you feel good, feeling proud of yourself because you have made them feel bad. And then, if they fight back you say "it's your fault" Sorry mate. I don't feel bad about myself. I made a suggestion hoping to make things better for people and when you replied with "No way" to try and play power games, I was nice and asked if you had any ideas because I wanted to make things better for people you started being rude to me. Good. There is nothing more that I like than replying to trolls because I know that it annoys you when people fight back.

Also: calm down. You don't need to throw a tantrum just because a stranger on the internet didn't agree with your idea.

ShawnaG

LOL . . . just wanted to chime in and say, "Howdy!"

Okay, I'm off to my Viking Settlement--it's kicking my butt!

UBERhelp1

Geez this whole Corvid panic has been over blown and way over reacted to. Anyone who has researched the medical stats including deaths "directly attributable to the virus", number of confirmed cases, number of cases that were false positives and the number of confirmed cases that required no prolonged medical attention or hospitalization simply doesnot jive with what is being reported by the media. So if you want to lock yourself in your house GO for IT! I for one chose not to believe the politically fueled fraud!
It's not fake or overblown dude. We have a family friend in their thirties who got COVID19 and they email out updates daily. Long story short, you do not want this. It isn't a bad cold, and it is worse than the flu. They literally say breathing feels like there is broken glass in their lungs. They have no energy to eat or drink. They went to the hospital, and got put on an IV for fluids and a respirator. When they just barely started to get better, they were discharged to make room for more patients. Now they are in quarantine at home and have to stay there until a week after their symptoms are gone. They are extremely lonely and are cut off from their family. Their spouse delivers food outside her bedroom door and she has to stay there until her symptoms are gone for a week; no personal contact. Please don't think this is fake or a political scheme. It is all too real.

I literally can't stand people saying it's media or political. People are dying or otherwise filling beds other patients need. The healthcare system is struggly to help everyone who needs care Anything that can be done to slow or stop it needs to happen. Listen to the WHO, and those leaders in this country who are actually taking this pandemic seriously.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I have deleted a couple of posts.

Posts that make light of the pandemic situation or are insensitive to the fears of others will not be tolerated. Show some empathy, support or encouragement for your fellow gamers and their fears/concerns or keep quiet. We have enough of ripping each other apart in the real world, we don't need it here.