• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

thinking about keeping many bronze age buildings

• Thread starter DeletedUser40061
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser40061

even though iam now in iron age, i can see many resources that were affordable in bronze age are now twice harder to buy while in iron age..and im scared to think as i progress through the other ages, i will see many things i need to upgrade my city become unbearably difficult to acquire. i will never force self to buy diamonds in online transactions. i have just 22 diamonds left. i was advised to save them and i will horde them, locked away never to be used unless the situation forces me to use a few. of course the new town hall looks great with its more modern appearance..but surrounded by many architectural references from the bronze age and looks very out of place, but ill have to live with it for a while.
what is your opinion if any

Emberguard

@Oswyn the kind

Yes the costs of everything increases exponentially. Focusing on the time isn't going to change anything. You'd be better off spending your time focusing on what you need to improve your city rather then worrying about how long it takes. I don't know of any game I'm going to enjoy if I'm worried about it taking "too long"

Look through the tech tree for your current age whenever you enter a new age and see what housing and production building options are the best for that age. For housing you want to look for the highest population, for production buildings you want the most efficient supply production for the space taken.

Goods aside, you'll want to look at upgrading to current age buildings whenever you go up an age to allow you to scale up the economy to match rising costs. Premium buildings are good for one age above but no further. You can reduce placement costs by using event prizes as you'll sometimes get tech tree or premium current age buildings for free

Agent327

even though iam now in iron age, i can see many resources that were affordable in bronze age are now twice harder to buy while in iron age..and im scared to think as i progress through the other ages, i will see many things i need to upgrade my city become unbearably difficult to acquire. i will never force self to buy diamonds in online transactions. i have just 22 diamonds left. i was advised to save them and i will horde them, locked away never to be used unless the situation forces me to use a few. of course the new town hall looks great with its more modern appearance..but surrounded by many architectural references from the bronze age and looks very out of place, but ill have to live with it for a while.
what is your opinion if any

My opinion is you should play the game and discover how it works. You do not need diamonds at all to move on.

DeletedUser40061

good hints here. iam almost on the verge of getting one great building through the acquisition of blueprints..but even so, great buildings require lots of resources.. ill try my best playing this through.

DeletedUser25795

This game is a marathon not a sprint. Remember that and you will enjoy the game more. Get a few GB's (goods/attack) which ever play style you prefer and try and get them to level 10 first (the original game only let you get them to lvl 10 so this was where the bonuses were originally capped at and so give the best results). If you age up 3 or 4 ages and you have not been levelling your GB's you will struggle to keep up with negotiating/attacking/hood attacks etc.

Keep moving stuff around as space is key to this game (you want the least amount of roads as possible)

Super Catanian

ah good, good..thx a lot everyone. bonus! heres what my city looks like as of today. i added at least one modern building.

https://i.postimg.cc/MHRgGLHs/foefoew.png
Very nice! Don't ever spend Diamonds for Premium Buildings (that Theater), because, especially at your age, it's never worth it in the long run. Plus, you won't even get a Diamond refund once it's time to sell it.

Try to participate in the Daily Challenges as often as possible; you can get great rewards, but, keep in mind, it is a challenge, and it won't always be easy.
If/once you unlock Architecture (one of the first techs of the Iron Age), you'll be able to contribute in other player's GBs. I have spots open in my Statue of Zeus and ToB if you are interested in getting BPs, FP packs, and Medals.
Also, the Guild Expedition, but we can discuss that later.

DeletedUser40061

more good tips! iam close to getting oracle of delphi, collected some more blue prints today. unearthed another treasure in the archeaology event and clicked on those glowing incidents. i dont know if it is true, but i was thinking as long as i keep the citizens very happy maybe they will give me a gift like a few diamonds. thats what i strive for. if not precious rocks then some medals.

DeletedUser25795

use the least amount of cultural/decorations as you can or they will get polished and you will not get you houses/supply buildings motivated.

DeletedUser40061

Are you trying to run an efficient city, or do you just want it to look pretty?

iam aiming to do both. as you can see in my city the placement of trees, bushes and statues are all in a symmetrical design...thinking in a feng shui sort of planning.

DeletedUser38659

I can tell you from a logical standpoint, you should never try to get a large percentage of your happiness from decorations. It's best to consider how many friends you have that click the Aid button instead of visiting your city and manually polishing or motivating your highest age items. It's a little unfair to your friends to stick them with the lower aged items to Aid since it increases the chance that their Blueprint rewards will be of little use to them. I prefer to keep as much as possible up to date for selfish and unselfish reasons. Space will eventually come at a premium. Many of you have figured out how to work on getting GB to handle much of your stat requirements. If you're just here for the social aspect then bravo on a good idea and populate your city with current age decorations and supplies buildings your friends will have less to complain about. In the end, it's a gamble and you'll likely not suffer from being selfish. I for one am the guy who upgrades his tablecloth before the coin tray in my tavern. As a way of telling my friends that they matter, my flooring is next priority to say I'll be visiting their taverns for the silver I have improved my chances of. Not everyone thinks as thoroughly as I do but some of you think more efficiently and I look forward to seeing what holes you find in my logic.

DeletedUser40061

I certainly dont wish to be selfish towards my buddies...but it all comes down to "cost" seeing how most things i want to get costs a lot of resource like getting more expansions to build newer buildings etc, i have no choice but to appear selfish, keeping a lot of bronze aged buildings. I was able to increase size of table in tavern... I attacked a sector or two in guild expedition, lost a few soldiers- RIP.. My main goal is to horde resources as best as i can and then slowly use them to "modernize" my town. All the while of retaining my precious diamond stockpile. In a fantasy scenario, if i had 1000 diamonds i would upgrade everything in my city. For now, oswyn gonna be skint for awhile lol.

Super Catanian

My main goal is to horde resources as best as i can and then slowly use them to "modernize" my town. All the while of retaining my precious diamond stockpile.
That is the strategy employed by non-camper expert players. I called it, "being as modern as possible". Slowly, but surely, replacing old houses with new ones; same with roads and production buildings.

DreadfulCadillac

That is the strategy employed by non-camper expert players. I called it, "being as modern as possible". Slowly, but surely, replacing old houses with new ones; same with roads and production buildings.
i make 300k coins a day(estimate) and i will use those over thew next few days to xcompltely get my city modern..alot of it is stuck in rrandom ages right now:p

Status
Not open for further replies.