• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

thinking about keeping many bronze age buildings

• Thread starter DeletedUser40061
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emberguard

If you take it from a "this is what the city needs to run" perspective then the "don't want to be selfish by giving low age buildings" will self resolve along with everything else

The aid button will take the highest output buildings first. So you want to get the best buildings available to you to take advantage of that. Usually by the time they get to the decorations they wouldn't of had anything left to aid anyway.

Best strategy is to either not use decorations at all, or only use them once you've run out of room for anything else. Don't skimp on the cost of putting up the best infrastructure or it'll cost many more times then what you'll save.

DeletedUser40061

so much good tips from those who know how to play FOE. very good.

update! when i logged on just now and clicked on one incident...i got the surprise of my life... i got 5 diamonds. what are the odds of that happening again? i wish in a fantasy scenario, incidents were more frequent in numbers. as for decorations...i think i have too many..trying to make my city look "pretty" and not focusing on things i really need like production type buildings -horse stables and fruit farm. these buildings cant be placed since a lot of small structures already take up space near the main road. in a more lighthearted side of my dilemma, the soldiers are probaley tired of walking on foot into battle...they require horses to make attacks more swiftly .. the people are on verge of starving because i cant build the fruit farm just yet. all in all, for now they are enthusiastic. but soon iam hoping that my subjects pay me for their enthusiasm in way of coins and precious gems bwa-ha-ha.

update part 2 - another incident revealed 5 more diamonds...whats going on here.. *scratches head

_____ok i just rearranged my city...got rid of some stuff. its the start of a city wide renovation, picking up hints from others

https://i.postimg.cc/L43nD513/1aqbgb.png

added one building, hall of fame

https://i.postimg.cc/Xq4hgQC3/1aqbgb.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DreadfulCadillac

hall of fames are not good in lower ages, store it back in u inventory or get rid of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38659

I have to warn you that the item used to store things is kinda rare. If the Hall of Fame is somehow negative, try just not having it in contact with a road. I have to look into the HoF before I can give solid advice.

Emberguard

Hall of Fame gives points towards upgrading a guilds lvl. It has to be connected to a road to work

It's not a "negative" thing so much as not doing much in lower ages due to it scaling up in output with age. You'll need to Reno or one up kit it for it to upgrade to current age

If you were Future Age or something I'd say the Hall Of Fame gives a lot of output. But in Iron Age it barely gives anything

DeletedUser40061

as for the hall of fame, it looks pretty. i wish i could have 3 more to line up in a symmetrical pattern. and the diamonds i have now, i will continue to horde more. small update to my armies.. i ran them through their paces while in attack mode during guild expedition and wiped out half of my army. this is one of the perils of war. i will recover!.

DeletedUser38659

This has gone way off topic but I read up on the HoF benefits and it'll be stuck at the level you placed it unless you use a One-Up kit or renovation on it. For this reason, I'd say it's best to wait to place it until it does a lot more without constant investment. As for storing it, IF it will reset the age then it would be worth it if you are a guild supporting player. They are attractive buildings but I'll be admiring their beauty from within my inventory for a while.

Emberguard

@Xepshunall no building ever changes its age without a one-up / reno unless it specifically auto-ages up (these will be the "all age" buildings)

Storing it won't do anything to its age at all and they're pretty easy to come across if you're doing Daily Challenges and events

DeletedUser38659

Thanks for the tip. I was just looking into the Carousel. It is "All Ages" and still requires one-up / reno. I'll place mine when I reach Late Middle Ages since the next level of attack and defense comes at that point unless one-up / reno isn't required and allows advancing a building past the player's current age.

DeletedUser33179

Thanks for the tip. I was just looking into the Carousel. It is "All Ages" and still requires one-up / reno. I'll place mine when I reach Late Middle Ages since the next level of attack and defense comes at that point unless one-up / reno isn't required and allows advancing a building past the player's current age.

An "all ages" building means it's defined as automatically is at whatever Age your currently in, no 1-Up/reno kit required to raise its Age. There are only a very small few buildings like that.

No, the carousel is not "all ages". It's initial Age is whatever Age you were in when you won it, irregardless of whether you placed it in your city or have in inventory. I posted below inventory pics of its info vs a rogue hideout info - note the Age listed below each building's title.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Emberguard

Where are you getting that it's "all ages" from? It's not all ages at all - it's current age at the time of obtaining, and then its stuck at that age until something changes it

From inventory:
upload_2019-5-9_22-17-26.png

All Ages would look like this:
upload_2019-5-9_22-18-36.png

DeletedUser40061

@Oswyn the kind what were they versing against and what were you using?

iam not familiar with the term versing.. i was trying to attack instead of negotiate in order to advance through the expedition guild map..and thus lost a lot of good men in the process. all of my soldiers are not as strong as they should be..it costs a lot to hone their attack skills..all they know are basic attack skills. and thats where they either are gravely injured or die in battle.

DeletedUser40061

reading your comment has made me see the big picture here. i really rather have an efficient city rather than a pretty one. i want to progress through the ages and upgrade the look of each building to reflect correctly to the current age and not fall back into the previous age . ill have to study how my city looks and find ways to improve it. maybe finally study other peoples cities to get some ideas.

Emberguard

iam not familiar with the term versing..
Verse, as in if I were to "verse you in chess" - I'd be playing against you as your opponent.

So when I ask what you were versing against, I'm asking what troops you're playing against. What units was your opponent using? What units were you using? Each unit is effective against one thing and dead against another

RazorbackPirate

reading your comment has made me see the big picture here. i really rather have an efficient city rather than a pretty one. i want to progress through the ages and upgrade the look of each building to reflect correctly to the current age and not fall back into the previous age . ill have to study how my city looks and find ways to improve it. maybe finally study other peoples cities to get some ideas.
I'm totally getting you on this. I went through the same transition. Wanted to keep a little of this and that from the early ages, but in the grand scheme, it just wasn't worth the hit.

I still try to arrange things as aesthetically pleasing as I can. A well planned city is always nice to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.