• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

thinking about keeping many bronze age buildings

• Thread starter DeletedUser40061
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser40061

update!

i was able to trade some stuff to unlock great building leveling. and added fruit farm -now the citizens wont have to rely on the central food bank..they were reaching unprecedented levels of being skint. also bought another lot to expand, soon poised to get the oracle of delphi...just a few more blueprints...so very close. decided wont engage my soldiers in battle during this guild expedition, the battles are more costly than attacking a sector on the continent map.

Kranyar the Mysterious

If your coins are low you should be guild hopping as much as possible and aiding everyone in those guilds. If you do this along with the collect x coins recurring quest you will gain coins, blueprints (from both aiding and the recurring quests), supplies, goods, medals and 5 fp packs. Your city will bloom.

If you are currently in a guild you want to stay in, you can always come back and settle down in a few weeks, but I wouldn't stay in any guild that doesn't open level 4 of GE every week without fail (but that's just me).

DeletedUser40061

yup ive been doing guild hopping and neighbor hopping to get coins...but coins are least of my worries. its mainly supplies i need. ive got so much coins, i could buy a porsche 911 turbo. supplies are in high demand now.

update! i tried out the foe app on my tablet for first time. i must say despite the large file size, the graphics look better on that then on the pc...

Agent327

yup ive been doing guild hopping and neighbor hopping to get coins...but coins are least of my worries. its mainly supplies i need. ive got so much coins, i could buy a porsche 911 turbo. supplies are in high demand now.

Guild hopping means you become a member of a guild, aid everyone and then move on to the next guild and do the same. You can not neighbour hop!

Kranyar the Mysterious

update! i tried out the foe app on my tablet for first time. i must say despite the large file size, the graphics look better on that then on the pc...

ahh, somehow I got the impression that coins were one of the issues.

In my opinion supply issues are best fixed by figuring out how to get a Dynamic Tower as soon as possible in Iron Age. Doing that in a secondary city of mine made that city explode.

DeletedUser33179

ahh, somehow I got the impression that coins were one of the issues.

In my opinion supply issues are best fixed by figuring out how to get a Dynamic Tower as soon as possible in Iron Age. Doing that in a secondary city of mine made that city explode.

That cannot seriously be your best suggestion to OP to fix his beginnings of game supplies shortage. Your recommendation for getting coins was spot on, but then you veer off wildly regarding supplies. Disappointing.

Come on, re-read the OPs questions/comments & look at the pics he's provided of his city through different stages of improvement. He's obviously only at the basics of the simple fundementals (as an aside - absolutely nothing wrong with that, we all have to start somewhere). How exactly is he going to adequately understand, get & level a GB that is 10+ Ages above his current spot based on the fact his sparse city currently has (among other things) over 10 decorations, perhaps 4-5 supply buildings only (all Bronze Age), and zero GBs?

Kranyar the Mysterious

That cannot seriously be your best suggestion to OP to fix his beginnings of game supplies shortage. Your recommendation for getting coins was spot on, but then you veer off wildly regarding supplies. Disappointing.

Come on, re-read the OPs questions/comments & look at the pics he's provided of his city through different stages of improvement. He's obviously only at the basics of the simple fundementals (as an aside - absolutely nothing wrong with that, we all have to start somewhere). How exactly is he going to adequately understand, get & level a GB that is 10+ Ages above his current spot based on the fact his sparse city currently has (among other things) over 10 decorations, perhaps 4-5 supply buildings only (all Bronze Age), and zero GBs?

Sure it is. I don't know why I shouldn't suggest it, I did it very easily. I had my DT within a month of entering Iron Age in my secondary city. The goods were easy to find and cheap to buy, 300 fp if I recall correctly (fp came from recurring quest packs), and I had enough prints to build it from my guild hopping. But it shouldn't be taken in a vacuum. Solving the supply issue is only one piece of the overall puzzle. I figured out how to build my cities by reading the forums (specifically the guides) and looking at what made some cities very successful and powerful from day one. I made Zeus my first priority in Bronze Age to use my bar fp, then focused on CdM, Chateau, and DT in that order once in Iron Age. Only after I had those did I start going for the Arc and other buildings.

He is here asking questions, so he is obviously looking for guidance. That is much more than most people do, so I am trying to give advice as to what worked best for me. Whether he takes it or not is up to him. Getting DT and Chateau early caused my secondary city to explode compared to my main city where I didn't build DT. When HC came out they both equalized regarding supplies, but that early advantage still shows in my secondary city being much more advanced at an equivalent age. I learned from my first city, and applied that information into building my second one.

I see so many terrible cities that it sometimes gets depressing. Fortunately, a decent number of new player's look at my Iron Age cities and start asking how I did it. I try to help them all, and it's even gotten to the point that I have copy/paste text that I use to try and help them out. Some take my advice and prosper, some don't and do fine, and some don't and stagnate. Of course there is no one right way, and what everyone wants to get out of the game varies substantially, but understanding the options and knowing it is possible to do things most people don't normally do can go a long way towards making informed decisions.

My oldest city was only started during the Winter event a little over a year ago, and I'm quite proud about how far I've been able to take all of them in less than a year for the youngest to less than a year and a half for the oldest, and I didn't do it by following most of the conventional wisdom.

Emberguard

@Kranyar the Mysterious the point Clara is trying to make is that although DT works for providing all supply needs early on it won't fix the problem that got them in that position in the first place.

If they don't understand how to utilise the space in their city then a DT isn't going to teach them. It'll stunt their technical growth instead because there'll be that much less room to learn with.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Ok, maybe. Hopefully reading here will prompt them to look hard at their overall city design.

The fall back for supply production would be Butchers set on 24 hour production to do the collect 2 Meat Skewer recurring quest, or else level an Oracle to 10 in order to do the collect 6000 supplies recurring quest then I guess. The first is something that should be done by anyone doing recurring quests by default in the beginning anyways. Leveling the Oracle that high is a waste of fp, but fills the bill for a bit if you don't mind throwing it away later when it isn't needed anymore.

Emberguard

Thing is he doesn't have a supply problem. He has a city layout (or lack of) problem. If he can't fit 2x2 buildings he sure won't be able to fit enough GBs to compensate. The higher he ages up the closer he'd be to being right where he started as then any GBs he has won't be advanced anymore and were never designed to be the sole production for your city.

Doesn't matter if he uses recurring quests or lvls the oracle. Those aren't solutions they're individual aspects. They'd make it easier sure and he should learn about how those things could fit in a city, doesn't make them necessary for a functioning city. He needs to be able to look at his city and know how to adjust it to his current needs not just look for a quick fix

Last edited:

Emberguard

With that being said once he knows how to put together a city I'm totally with you that the Dynamic Tower is a good advanced building to get. Personally I'd take the Himeji over it now that VF has been released but they're both good supply options. With the Dynamic Tower (for low age players) its biggest strength comes from being able to trade down the goods it produces. So between the different supply GB options I'd look at how likely it is to be able to trade interrupted down the ages as to whether it's worth getting the Dynamic Tower over the other advance GBs

DeletedUser40061

i have to compile all these abbreviations so i know what they mean on my notepad:p
@Agent327 i meant aiding yes, not neighbor hopping. and thx for any more hints you foers give to me.:D

DeletedUser40061

Another update.. In bronze era of research map, it is 100% completed. And iam poised to completing butchery in iron age!

DeletedUser40061

Oh youre a riot agent327. Update! Was able to unlock butchery. But wont be able to place it till get more supplies.

One more thing, recently was able to get (1) ballista for my army. During a battle in guild expedition, the ballista died. And now cant find it anywhere

DeletedUser40061

i couldnt find the drop down menu hmm ..i like attacking in continent map. my ancient pen name is oswyn the terrible. bwa ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.