• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

thinking about keeping many bronze age buildings

• Thread starter DeletedUser40061
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

barra370804

keeping the bronze age buildings (especially the goods buildings) is a good idea for now. It opens avenues for further trades if need be. If you can gather hundreds of bronze age goods, you will be set for a while, and getting other goods through trading will be fairly easy for a while.

DeletedUser40061

I have found as i progress through continent map, battles are harder than previous one. With GE battles, its a clear case of hit or miss. You win some, you lose some. Also, i can decipher "some" abbreviations like GE and FP...but other things like PvP i would need to consult foe pdf guide

Agent327

keeping the bronze age buildings (especially the goods buildings) is a good idea for now. It opens avenues for further trades if need be. If you can gather hundreds of bronze age goods, you will be set for a while, and getting other goods through trading will be fairly easy for a while.

No it isn't.

Bronze means you always have to trade up and trading up means you need more goods. Bad idea!

Emberguard

Yeah depends on how many you mean by "hundreds". 200-300 of each (including what's been spent already) would probably be fine not taking into account trading for advanced goods. Bronze Age have the least value so if you get rid of them early it's not a huge loss but it is good not having to revisit later.

DeletedUser40061

i left the bronze age err ages ago. still struggling in iron age, but hanging on for now

DeletedUser

Off topic posts have been deleted. Stick to the topic please. Thank you.

Brunenjii

Always a good idea to keep some goods buildings from the previous age, as those goods are used to negotiate in GE (and tech for next age to a lesser extent). Trading 1:1 same age goods is usually easier than trading down. Bronze age goods can be hard to come by.

barra370804

Always a good idea to keep some goods buildings from the previous age, as those goods are used to negotiate in GE (and tech for next age to a lesser extent). Trading 1:1 same age goods is usually easier than trading down. Bronze age goods can be hard to come by.
That's what I said more or less.

Agent327

No it isn't. Trading down is the easiest trade there is. Almost everybody wants goods of an era they are not in yet. In trading down you can also offers very profitable for others. You can even go 1:1 if you want to.

Keeping old goods buildings is wasting space.

Brunenjii

No it isn't. Trading down is the easiest trade there is.

Ordinarily yes. Bronze age is a different animal. Most players don't usually spend much time in the bronze age. When they move up to the iron age many delete the bronze age buildings, creating a scarcity of goods. Stone in particular can be difficult to find on some servers.

DeletedUser31499

Don’t overlook being in a good guild. A good guild helps out its new members. Look for a guild that will take your trades, even unfair trades for free. They want you to advance. They will help you get bp for GBs above your age and then help you get the goods to build them. You can ask them a question and they will give you a helpful answer.

Only spend your hard earned diamonds on expansion squares, younger two per age.
Play GE, work to do all 64 each week. In level 4 there are several 50% chances to win diamonds and at #48 and some weeks level 4 for a chance at a terrace farm. Terrace farms are a great help to a young city for many reasons, and a great help to more advanced cities. I didn’t read all the replies so this may be a repeat of others advice.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Ordinarily yes. Bronze age is a different animal. Most players don't usually spend much time in the bronze age. When they move up to the iron age many delete the bronze age buildings, creating a scarcity of goods. Stone in particular can be difficult to find on some servers.

In my parked Iron Age cities, I never have a problem trading down for bronze goods at 1:2. Not always fast trades, but almost never have a trade expire. There are always new up and upcoming bronze age players in my hood to take up the slack from those headed to EMA. And anyways, very few of my Iron Age hoodies have bothered to remove their BA goods buildings, and even less have actually bothered to build any IA goods buildings.

DeletedUser40061

Good hints here.. Earning coins is not a big deal. Only supplies , i always run out. I would have over 50k coins and only 100 supplies, deplorable! I still love playing the game. I log in every 20 to 40 minutes on my tablet, not so much on the pc. My city is growing. Population increasing. I did spend a few diamonds during a negociation in GE, but that was the last time

DeletedUser40061

no really bro..its the last time ill spend em. i plan to not spend money on buying these precious most sought after gems. negotiations are very complex to solve. even the ones that say "try solving this easy negotiation" relying on the side quest questions and scarce incidents

RazorbackPirate

no really bro..its the last time ill spend em. i plan to not spend money on buying these precious most sought after gems. negotiations are very complex to solve. even the ones that say "try solving this easy negotiation" relying on the side quest questions and scarce incidents
There was a time I felt the same way. But with 3,100+ free diamonds with nothing to spend them on currently, sometimes it's worth spending 10 for the 5th turn to preserve medals, which I can spend on expansions. As long as I keep enough to drop my next diamond expansions when I age up in a few weeks, I can spend a few here and there.

Even though I know it is all in my head, I also think spending a few on an extra turn now and again helps 'prime the pump.' Again, all in my head, but it helps me justify dropping a few now and again.

Having said that, I will never spend diamonds on an extra turn unless I'm 100% certain it will successfully complete the negotiation. Like all negotiations, sometimes you've got to give to get.

Last edited:

DeletedUser40061

i concur RBP. but ive been meaning to ask, can i use a psn gift card to buy diamonds? i think i may have one lying around somewhere.. i hear foe accepts gift card payments for purchase of those precious rocks

Agent327

There was a time I felt the same way. But with 3,100+ free diamonds with nothing to spend them on currently, sometimes it's worth spending 10 for the 5th turn to preserve medals, which I can spend on expansions. As long as I keep enough to drop my next diamond expansions when I age up in a few weeks, I can spend a few here and there.

Even though I know it is all in my head, I also think spending a few on an extra turn now and again helps 'prime the pump.' Again, all in my head, but it helps me justify dropping a few now and again.

Having said that, I will never spend diamonds on an extra turn unless I'm 100% certain it will successfully complete the negotiation. Like all negotiations, sometimes you've got to give to get.

Don't you, in your situiation have enough goods to cancel and try again?

Status
Not open for further replies.