• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Thinking out loud - New GB Ideas

wolfhoundtoo

Useless to you that doesn't mean it's not worth building them for others. The fact that you suggest at level 160 they all basically start giving troops tells me you must be in a high performing GBG guild and can realistically expect to get GBs to those levels relatively easily. The coliseum isn't that bad a great building it just doesn't have long term potential. There are various city builds in which it might have some short-term worth to players. I won't bother elaborating since it's clear from your response that you either don't understand or more likely don't care about my point.

DevaCat

Glad to see that pointed out. The Colosseum, Notre Dame, and the OoD aren’t useless - they are just outgrown too quickly to make investing into them worth it, which is why you won’t see them in most cities except those of GB collectors. Now we could argue that Inno could have done better by these three and still maintained game balance, but that ship has sailed.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

Glad to see that pointed out. The Colosseum, Notre Dame, and the OoD aren’t useless - they are just outgrown too quickly to make investing into them worth it, which is why you won’t see them in most cities except those of GB collectors. Now we could argue that Inno could have done better by these three and still maintained game balance, but that ship has sailed.
Almost everyone's built them at some point, and I can confirm for a time they were all useful. I myself built a Coliseum when it first came out in 2012. :) Back then medals weren't so easy to acquire. And the only sources of happiness aside from cultural buildings and low age roads were the 3x3 graveyard, and the nutcracker.

Expletive Deleted

A GB that would offer a new type of unit on collection would be cool.
I always thought the 1shot special used by CE missile artillery was an interesting boost used poorly.
I'm thinking about a unit with the 1shot & rapid deployment combo that would be recruited as unattached through GB collect. The number of units gain per level similar to traz but completely independent of city barracks. Units collected would age up with your city.

spartacus2.0

You could be right. But colleseum, Norte Dame, Delphi, Babel, space needle, Virgo project etc. All useless. Yes they are same building but would have better benefits. Space is not really an issue. I have about 300+ squares in empty space. So I could build all if I wanted, but choose not to due to they just are not worth it. Inno has stated they will not change current rewards anyway. As I said its only a thought.
How is the virgo project bad?

Ebeondi Asi

The Virtual Future Dragon from the City hall. A Great Building needing to build Promithum and Orichalcum) the Dragonn flies around when the GB it is then on is collected. It flies randomly around for a few minutes and randomly lands on another GB. The Dragon confers a percentage boost to that GB for24 hours. The Dragon boost is increased by it's own GB getting leveled. So it boosts other GBs. All things the Gb the Dragon landed on get the boost stating 0.5%up to say 20% at level 80 (even Arc)
This GB is of zero use if built before Virtual Future. (no Dragon)

Kranyar the Mysterious

The Virtual Future Dragon from the City hall. A Great Building needing to build Promithum and Orichalcum) the Dragonn flies around when the GB it is then on is collected. It flies randomly around for a few minutes and randomly lands on another GB. The Dragon confers a percentage boost to that GB for24 hours. The Dragon boost is increased by it's own GB getting leveled. So it boosts other GBs. All things the Gb the Dragon landed on get the boost stating 0.5%up to say 20% at level 80 (even Arc)
This GB is of zero use if built before Virtual Future. (no Dragon)
Wow, what a terribly thought out building. Glad you aren't a game designer.

First, if it is zero value below VF, why would anyone in earlier eras donate to your building? It could sit on the 1.95 thread forever as far as I'm concerned. However, in this case the building is so op that VF+ players would jump all over it.

Second, once someone would get this built, then they could simply remove all GB's except this and the Arc to get a guaranteed 2.20+ return for a 25%-30% profit. And at what % and level does it stop increasing it's boost? 100% for a 3.0 Arc boost? More?

Or if you don't mind days off maybe this and Arc + Traz or Chateau depending upon focus. Everything else becomes superfluous.

This is just too restrictive and way too op, and would create a mass rush to camp in VF instead of FE for no other reason than because, and make most other great buildings obsolete.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Wow, what a terribly thought out building. Glad you aren't a game designer.

First, if it is zero value below VF, why would anyone in earlier eras donate to your building? It could sit on the 1.95 thread forever as far as I'm concerned. However, in this case the building is so op that VF+ players would jump all over it.

Second, once someone would get this built, then they could simply remove all GB's except this and the Arc to get a guaranteed 2.20+ return for a 25%-30% profit. And at what % and level does it stop increasing it's boost? 100% for a 3.0 Arc boost? More?

Or if you don't mind days off maybe this and Arc + Traz or Chateau depending upon focus. Everything else becomes superfluous.

This is just too restrictive and way too op, and would create a mass rush to camp in VF instead of FE for no other reason than because, and make most other great buildings obsolete.
Also, you're forgetting that the dragon is only on the VF town hall. Move up an age and that investment is gone. Everyone would be hard stuck in VF.

Johnny B. Goode

Also, you're forgetting that the dragon is only on the VF town hall. Move up an age and that investment is gone. Everyone would be hard stuck in VF.
To be fair, he could have just meant that it originally flies out from the VF Town Hall, not that it disappears when you move up to SAM. After initially flying out, it would then be permanently moving from one GB to the next, if I understand it correctly.
You don't think players will want as many BPs as possible for when they get to VF? I'm pretty sure most will.
Easily fixed. Just make is so if you only have one GB it flies back to Town Hall. Make it so it can only boost any specific GB once every 7 days. Then you have to have at least 7 GBs to get full benefit.

I like the basic idea. This is one of the few ideas that really is thinking outside the box. It would just need a little tweaking. (And I love the idea that you'd have to get to VF to have it. It might even eliminate some of the camping in lower eras.)

Ebeondi Asi

Thank you for the feedback, the way the dragon would work is to fly around and as landing the GB would glow, and a symbol of the dragon (like a gold disk) appears over the GB it landed on. This would solve the actual difficulty of having the dragon need to 'fit' on all the different shaped of GBs. And naturally the Dragon would thus exist into the later ages. (And a concession to the Arc only or Traz only notion, the Dragon can only function on the same GB after a week. so even if the player had only one GB, the Dragon would not work on it for seven days. Actually even with many GBs if the dragon landed on the same one it did recently it just does not work ! thus adding the enjoyable element of anger at the game which Inno seems like to work into the game anyway ! and adds an elements of hope joy or anger and despair.
Clearly the Dragon would be 'adjusted' to continue to exist. (Gee that was a tough notion, sorry I did not spell it out in more concrete terms LOL )
And just like the CF and Arc made everything else obsolete, I am free to disagree that such a GB wold damagethe game..
The fact is there is nothing for only the top players, and like the Castle (made for players who spend money) there can be a Great Building for high level players only.
Let the lower level players scream and whine, I could care less.
The fact is to get past Arctic and Oceanic players cannot just rush like they can earlier ages.
So I still say this would be a great GB. n
Nay-sayers can decide to not build it. Like some 'purists' refuse to build the Arc. claiming it 'ruins' the game LOL

Kranyar the Mysterious

the way Special Goods are now handled is great (no trading) . and should be kept the way they are now.
Moved your thought from the What I Hate about FoE post here, since I felt it was relevant.

Why not just remove all regular goods from new eras, and only use 5-6 special goods for each era instead. Then new great buildings can require the era's special goods to build, giving you the lock out of earlier eras being able to build them that you so desire, since everyone would have to provide their own goods to build it. Even better, make it so the building owner has to contribute all the fp themselves, with no reward positions available, or if you want to be a little more open, make each fp donation require one of each special good of that era, or just do away with fp altogether on these buildings and require special goods of that era for leveling instead (both owner and donors).

My point being, if you are going to create buildings/mechanics that lock out earlier eras, then separate them completely. I have no problem with unique higher era stuff, and the game really needs some to survive imho, but it should be it's own thing and not penalize earlier players in any way other than being separated.

Johnny B. Goode

My point being, if you are going to create buildings/mechanics that lock out earlier eras, then separate them completely. I have no problem with unique higher era stuff, and the game really needs some to survive imho, but it should be it's own thing and not penalize earlier players in any way other than being separated.
I don't see how his idea of the VF Dragon penalizes earlier players. And why separate them completely? Being able to amass the BPs without actually getting the GB kind of fits with how some things in real life history have worked. For example, Da Vinci designed a helicopter, but the technology to build it didn't come along until centuries later.

Ebeondi Asi

The regular system does not "penalize" early players. They generaly do not have the stuff later players have.
I do not see any problem you seem to want to create Kranyar?? your obtuse message does not convey anything about why a GB like I suggest would be a problem other than the whine from lower Era players. (similar to the whine about The Castle level 16 to 20 created.)
One big positive is my idea got a bunch of responses. so it at least has some players interested even if against.

And the idea of using a Special good t ostop lower players from building it is just a notion. The Space Carrier has a similar sort of no good ntil in Arctic in it. Where the secondary is Medals. My idea could drop the requirement for a Special Good to build and just nerf the GB totally until in VF. have it offer Medals only until in VF Era. No problem LOL

Last edited:

Kranyar the Mysterious

I don't see how his idea of the VF Dragon penalizes earlier players.
Sure it does. It takes a mechanic in the game that has always existed, and partially changes it for a certain class of players, but not others. That is a classic definition of penalizing one group vs. another.

And why separate them completely? Being able to amass the BPs without actually getting the GB kind of fits with how some things in real life history have worked. For example, Da Vinci designed a helicopter, but the technology to build it didn't come along until centuries later.
They need to be totally separate, because in this new system higher eras can lock out earlier era players from earlier era building rewards, among other things. At least with the Arc earlier players have the same ability to compete equally. That is why it would need to be unique and separate rewards that don't affect current game play. It's a thing called BALANCE.

The regular system does not "penalize" early players. They generaly do not have the stuff later players have.
False argument, since many earlier players actually do have the same stuff as later players.

I do not see any problem you seem to want to create Kranyar?? your obtuse message does not convey anything about why a GB like I suggest would be a problem other than the whine from lower Era players. (similar to the whine about The Castle level 16 to 20 created.)
OK, so I get it, you want to have later era players to have an unassailable advantage over earlier era players, without the earlier era players being able to do anything about it. Move up, or don't compete... in guild threads, in gbg, etc. Play the way Ebeondi wants or get out. You are the champion of gated content and paywalls. Got it.

Ebeondi Asi

Another part of the idea could be the seven day lock out could be tied to level. So below level ten it would be seven days. at level 11 it could drop to six, then higher etc until at level 80 only one day. and at 100 no lockouts.
As for Kranyar? I have no idea why he is getting so bent out of shape. sorry dude. Your hang ups are not my problem. LOL

Kranyar the Mysterious

Not bent out of shape at all, you gave your opinion, I gave mine along with reasons why, but you do seem awfully defensive about dissenting opinions...

I gave some of the reasons I have an issue with this idea, but see nothing in what you said that would refute any reasons I gave, just generalities.

And thankfully this terrible idea would never happen. I mean, this is Inno we are talking here, they would never implement anything that would hurt the game! :rolleyes: :D

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

A GB that has a chance of rickrolling a person attacking your city
The Nuclear option. A device that will actually destroy obliterate permanently (but can be rebuilt. and doe not remove Expansions.) about half the person's city but also obliterates an equal percentage of your own. Think of it as the Doomsday device. Best used by players who are quitting due to harassment. Soon players would hire others to start a city to blow up their enemies. LOL