• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] This game is advertised on adult sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

At the risk of sounding like a perv, I wanted to respectfully ask . .. this game is fairly heavily advertised on adult web sites as being the sexiest game of the year and all. I've been playing for several hours now and am pretty certain those advertisements are false . . . is there in fact an adult content aspect to this game? Just asking . . .

DeletedUser8152

At the risk of sounding like a perv, I wanted to respectfully ask . .. this game is fairly heavily advertised on adult web sites as being the sexiest game of the year and all. I've been playing for several hours now and am pretty certain those advertisements are false . . . is there in fact an adult content aspect to this game? Just asking . . .

Nope, nothing like that. I have no idea why it would be advertised that way...

DeletedUser17558

What websites? I'm just asking for a friend.:blink:

DeletedUser8152

Linking to outside content isn't allowed in general, but you can send Shaunypoo a PM if you want.

DeletedUser

Advertisements which appear on websites are based on your previous searches. For instance, start searching a lot for wood paneling and you'll probably get advertisements from Home Depot, Lowe's and others when you visit other sites. Clear your cache and start your browsing session again to avoid that.

DeletedUser6172

Given that the Original Poster's name is "hornytoad2", he may be mixing his own drinks.

DeletedUser25171

I have to say . . . I've seen those ads on at least one or two adult sites (yeah, I visit adult sites, wanna make sump'in uvvit???), and it's not a matter of "recent searches" and cookies confusing the browser. No, the ads I have seen are deliberately misleading: "You won't last five minutes playing this game," "Forge Of Empires: The Sex Game," pictures of nude women with the name of the game superimposed over them with the disclaimer that "Due to the laws in certain states, you may have to reach level 10 before adult content becomes available." In fact, I discovered the game because I could no longer contain my curiosity as to what the hell those links actually pointed to . . . so I suppose they did their job.

It seems that typically, the title of the game will not appear in the banner ads directly on the adult sites (at least the ones I have seen), but clicking them takes you to an intermediary page which identifies this game by name as a sex game, with the obligatory suggestive photos, and then a link which takes the browser directly to the actual game's website. I actually visited the site, then spent a couple of days researching the history of the game elsewhere on the net before signing up. I wanted to be sure this was a legit game.

But the point is that somebody is deliberately advertising THIS SPECIFIC GAME as a sex game. There's no way to construe it otherwise. I don't know why someone who is NOT a part of the production team would want to do this, but on the other hand, I don't know why anyone ON the team would want to associate such a blatantly NON-sex game (well, except for the chesty chick who wants to sell you diamonds) with adult websites.

In any case, if one of the staff members wanted to know, I would be happy to supply you with the name of a site I've seen this on. And before anyone who is not a staff member asks, NO. Find 'em on yer own.

DeletedUser15042

Don't forget, it may not be INNO doing it. It sounds crazy, but people take this game serious and will do a lot to get ahead. Diamonds cost a pretty good chunk of real money, but there is a way to get diamonds for free. If you refer someone and they use your link, you get diamonds for referal. As the people you refer level up in age, you can get thousands and thousands of diamonds. Recruit enough people and you will have "made" a ton of money by not buying diamonds, but getting them from the referals. The links you are clinking in the ads could actually be referal links.

Just a thought.

DeletedUser25273

It may well be that someone have figured out how to get some value out of referral bonuses. Someone pays the ad agency to get a game referral, the ad gets someone to join and play, the original person gets a referral bonus for a fee. Everyone is happy, except maybe the person follow the ad not getting the sexy game they were thinking of.

DeletedUser25171

It may well be that someone have figured out how to get some value out of referral bonuses. Someone pays the ad agency to get a game referral, the ad gets someone to join and play, the original person gets a referral bonus for a fee. Everyone is happy, except maybe the person follow the ad not getting the sexy game they were thinking of.
The thought of someone putting THAT much into it is far more disconcerting than any sex game.

DeletedUser15042

The thought of someone putting THAT much into it is far more disconcerting than any sex game.
People spend thousands of dollars on diamonds in this game, I put nothing past anyone. Putting an add on google adsense is fairly cheap, and you only pay when someone clicks the ad. If one of those clicks gets someone to sign up, you just saved a good bit of money on diamonds.

Its insane the things that go on in this game.

DeletedUser25273

If someone is paying for ads, someone is making money. If it isn't Inno (which doesn't sound likely to me), it is people wanting referrals. I can't think of anything else someone would get from them.

DeletedUser25171

People spend thousands of dollars on diamonds in this game, I put nothing past anyone. Putting an add on google adsense is fairly cheap, and you only pay when someone clicks the ad. If one of those clicks gets someone to sign up, you just saved a good bit of money on diamonds.

Its insane the things that go on in this game.
"Thousands of dollars?" For THAT kind of money, I would expect--even demand--that the game deliver on ALL KINDS of sex stuff. Or at least actual vacations to other time periods. Heck, even real diamonds . . .

DeletedUser15042

Yes, I was in a guild where a member claimed to have 100s of thousands of diamonds, he posted up to prove it, everyone claimed it was a photoshop. Within days he had a city full of premium buildings and was leveling his buildings rather quickly. He literally spent thousands of real dollars on the game.

I guess if you have the money, why not?

DeletedUser25171

Yes, I was in a guild where a member claimed to have 100s of thousands of diamonds, he posted up to prove it, everyone claimed it was a photoshop. Within days he had a city full of premium buildings and was leveling his buildings rather quickly. He literally spent thousands of real dollars on the game.

I guess if you have the money, why not?
You want the whole list, or just the top ten?

Status
Not open for further replies.