• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] This game is advertised on adult sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser13452

I haven't looked into whether INNO lets you affiliate for advertising. Many, many companies do. There are different kinds of contracts including "pay per click." Every time someone lands on the company's page thru an affiliate's link, they pay a quarter. I used to do this in the 90's. Though I never made up seemingly fraudulant ads, lol. I imagine this is what you're seeing. Since they are placing the ad on adult sites, they want to appeal to that demographic and are apparently advertising falsely. INNO doesn't have anything to do with what the ad says. It's the person placing the affiliate ad. I could be entirely wrong, of course, but I can't think of any other reason you might see something like this.

DeletedUser25273

Inno has the 'Invite a friend' link that gains you rewards if your friend joins and plays till they get to a certain point. If the ad eventually take you to that URL, then the person who supplied that link will get a reward if the person actually plays. (If they get to Progressive, you earn over 1000 diamonds). My guess is someone setup a service where for a fee you submit your referral link and they put up ads on various sites using that link. (There may even be another layer for an ad service that works with the adult sites to provide ads for a fee, that the 'affiliate' service buys clicks through.

DeletedUser13452

Well, if the game itself isn't sexy enough for you, maybe this thread is. :p

DeletedUser27096

Don't forget, it may not be INNO doing it. It sounds crazy, but people take this game serious and will do a lot to get ahead. Diamonds cost a pretty good chunk of real money, but there is a way to get diamonds for free. If you refer someone and they use your link, you get diamonds for referal. As the people you refer level up in age, you can get thousands and thousands of diamonds. Recruit enough people and you will have "made" a ton of money by not buying diamonds, but getting them from the referals. The links you are clinking in the ads could actually be referal links.

Just a thought.
Who knew? I may have found my new career...

DeletedUser26120

I don't think this thread has any more useful discussion left in it. Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.