• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

This is not okay

Ebeondi Asi

When they start in on: "do 100 24 hr".. or "1000 4 hr" time to skip the quest.
Skip "gather 15 billion supplies" or "Gather 75 billionCoins" too

Last edited:

Dursland

Yeah today I got sit on 60 taverns and I thought 40 was high already lol.

They really need to rethink some of those daily challenge options. Some days they are not switchable at all - not sure what causes that.

Ebeondi Asi

For years** there have been Quests where the reward is weaker than the cost to do the Quest. My take on those is: if you do them, you either cannot calculate the effort, or do not care. I skip them. There is nothing requiring anyne to do the daily Quests!!!
IMO really only the fact I get a reasonable prize after doing seven gets me to do any. I usually skip abut a third of all the daily quests... Either the prize is so valueless, or the tasks are too onerous.
Who cares? not me. My primary suggestion is get over it, the daily quests do not matter.

** I have only played for 3 years, before that I do not know.

wolfhoundtoo

That's a lot of 5-minute productions if you have 1 building to do the production but as noted you can throw in a few blacksmiths and be done relatively quickly. Plus someone else pointed out that you can switch it out. i'm sure there's at least a few out there that have plenty of buildings for supply generation.

Johnny B. Goode

Funny thing, I got that exact task in one of my cities today, too. Thought about doing it for a split second, then switched it out for something else (I don't remember what.) However, as has been pointed out, it's not really that hard to get done, I've done it several times in the past.

Oswyn the noble

I agree the daily challenge goals can be outrageous but thats what challenge means.. to push you to the brink. Ill just bypass it till the next one

Jackshat

For years** there have been Quests where the reward is weaker than the cost to do the Quest. My take on those is: if you do them, you either cannot calculate the effort, or do not care. I skip them. There is nothing requiring anyne to do the daily Quests!!!
IMO really only the fact I get a reasonable prize after doing seven gets me to do any. I usually skip abut a third of all the daily quests... Either the prize is so valueless, or the tasks are too onerous.
Who cares? not me. My primary suggestion is get over it, the daily quests do not matter.

** I have only played for 3 years, before that I do not know.
Indulging that infernal court jester several consecutive quest rounds may seem a fool's errand, as he laughs at your paltry returns when you accept his offers, but he just might reward you very well after that third round.

Don't skip him; indulge his antics and you just might get a very nice reward , too!

CDmark

Well it is called Daily CHALLENGE so sometimes it is what it says, a challenge. The game does give other tools like store building ( 5 min ush was mentioned) so after collection, remove a couple of big buildings, do it with blacksmiths, then put the buildings back. Yes a nuisance and many times, not worth it for the reward you get.

Dursland

Well it is called Daily CHALLENGE so sometimes it is what it says, a challenge. The game does give other tools like store building ( 5 min ush was mentioned) so after collection, remove a couple of big buildings, do it with blacksmiths, then put the buildings back. Yes a nuisance and many times, not worth it for the reward you get.
There's a difference between a challenge and a quest that makes you spend more resources to complete it than what you get.

Johnny B. Goode

There's a difference between a challenge and a quest that makes you spend more resources to complete it than what you get.
That's true in Bonus/Side quests. Not so much in Daily Challenge tasks. As @RazorbackPirate would say, the weekly reward is why you complete the daily tasks even if the daily reward is less than stellar. Ever heard of a "loss leader"? It's an item that sellers will offer at a loss just to get customers to try their products. Principle is the same. Lose a little on the front end to make more on the back end. (I didn't use to subscribe to this view, but have come around.)

Dursland

Daily Challenge really, really wants me to do 4 hr production. 2 days in a row I swapped that out only to get it again today, unswappable.

Kinda bogus to get something unswappable after you've consistently swapped out of it. Should be designed better than that.

Flavius Belisarius

How many Production Buildings do you have without Blacksmiths?
I've found that these "produce X amount of X min-hour" tasks reflect your capability.
Sometimes you have to go back and change your 8hr-1 Day productions to adequately meet the task.

Dursland

I have six same era production buildings. They make a lot of supplies when I'm also farming cultural settlement coins every 15 min so I don't want to tie them up all day in a series of 4 hr productions.

So load up city on blacksmiths and it'll stop pestering me to do production quests? Interesting theory.

stymie of Suwannee

Short, medium and long term, some Blacksmiths will do along with any current age supply buildings you need. But hopefully you’ll get away from needing to make supplies in the traditional way. Whether you need supplies produced or not, start collecting Cidermills lvl 1. They are small and make lots of supplies. 12 will cover most Daily Quests (if you wake up early and have an “regular” schedule) and are very functional for Event Quests (prod. of age). Also, collect another variety of 2x3 producer like the Sunken Treasure or Sleigh Builder. If prefer Sunken Treasures, mainly for Quest flexibility. First, I don’t need supplies, but the Cidermill is affected by Supply Rushes, oh well. Second, keeping them at current age qualifies Quests and produce goods, not a necessity, but better than more supplies. Third, specifically, I‘ve set my Daily Quest to open at 6am, after I wake up. I set my Sunken Treasures for 8hr (goods) before 10pm. After my morning routine, it sets me up for any production Quests, given the rest of the day. Having 12 of whatever producer you pick means you don’t have to spend so much time when big numbers are requested. 60 productions in 25 minutes, 72 in 30.