• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

THOLOS (???) of Idols?

DeletedUser25171

Okay, not to be TOO much of a wanker, but to be too much of a wanker, technically speaking, only levels 6, 9, and 10 are tholoi. 2 - 5 are monopetroi, while 7 and 8 are circular colonnades. Level 1 is in such a ruined state that I can't tell from the picture what it was--but it wasn't a tholos . . . :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28670

Maybe they should have just called this one Event Building # 19 or some such nonsense...this reminds me of the forum posters debating the speed of the horses turning the cider mills....
Twas a nice time.
Here's some nice quotes from that thread

"For the wheel to spin that fast the current of the stream would need to be moving in excess of 30 knots which is unrealistic"
"That may be the slowest they can make it move to make it appear to "spin" rather than an obvious alternation."
"I think the wheel's certainly moving more than one spoke, based on the fact that (pardon my lack of wheel terminology here) the middle part of the wheel is completing at least a half-rotation before looping if not a full rotation. "
"I was curious as to what "too fast" looked like, so I went to my one city with animations on and the Bountiful Cider Mill placed. Was very disappointed to see that it was not spinning like a top."
"Also, @snake11s there actually is a current in the water - if you look to the left of the bridge you can definitely see water flowing (which then passes under the bridge to hit the wheel)."
Good times....