• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Thoughts about forum enhancement

Agent327

Not the point, and if you're not a ten-year-old boy you know that. But hey, if you're getting a charge out of butting your head against the mod-wall then have at it. I was just trying to spare you some time and energy.

It is the point. This forum, same as you, has a holier-than-thou attitude. There is absolutely no reason for you to try me tp spare some time and energy. This time the mod-wall asked for it, so I am happy to oblige.

Agent327

Many forum softwares allow you to to put an entire section in moderation so the Mods have to approve the posts. Do that with Proposals; have a mod that just deals with them.

+ 1

Maybe they can ask players to apply for that position.

Graviton

It is the point. This forum, same as you, has a holier-than-thou attitude. There is absolutely no reason for you to try me tp spare some time and energy.

Not holier than thou, just more tired of excuses than you are, apparently. I apologize for trying to give you advice.

Emberguard

The dnsl rule on diamonds needs modified to say nothing that could cost inno diamonds. Is a company I have to believe inno wants ideas to make more money and doesn't want ideas that cost them money.
Could you be a bit more specific? Are we talking about proposals that say "I think this is a good idea because it will make inno lots of diamond revenue" or the ideas that are more "in the premium features that already exist we could tweak it with x, y, z"

One of the philosophies of successful business that Ramit Sethi teaches (hugely successful entrepreneur that really understands psychology well) is to not worry about money when creating a product. Create it based on the burning pains/desires of the target audience - not on the premise of money. You work out the money after you've worked out the product. If your focus is money - no ones going to buy. If your focus is the target audience and solving their actual problems (not the problems they say they have as most of the time people tell you their perceived solutions not the root of their problems) then people will hand out money and a lot of it willingly without needing to be forced into it.

Many forum softwares allow you to to put an entire section in moderation so the Mods have to approve the posts. Do that with Proposals; have a mod that just deals with them. They'd all come out with the correct format or wouldn't come out.
Ah - a "your thread is awaiting approval. It'll be posted once approved" system. Ok. That'd work
+1

Kranyar the Mysterious

The Proposal forum should be at the bottom of the forum list. A new Ideas forum should be the first one below any rules/announcement forum, followed by Questions then Town Hall.

In the stickied rules post at the top of the Ideas forum it should tell people that if their idea is well received, they may want to consider submitting a proposal to the Proposal forum.

A template in the Proposal forum would solve many of those problems, possibly including a checklist verifying that the proposal doesn't contain certain DNSL items.

Thats my buck fiddy.

Lancer

I really appreciate everyone's input on this topic! I have forwarded this thread via outside sources to the proper people who can view all of these suggestions and see if any can be implemented or if similar solutions can be used. I will continue to keep this thread open for more suggestions that may not have been mentioned. Thank you to all who have responded. :)