• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Time Travel

MarktheMagnificent

If you could travel back in time, where would you go? What would you do? And why?

I would go back to Rome at its height, the early 2nd century AD. I would be a merchant. Travelling this huge expanse of land, covering so many cultures, and making a profit on the way, would be amazing.

Attachments

• Roman_Empire_Trajan_117AD.png
    Roman_Empire_Trajan_117AD.png
    414 KB · Views: 6

MarktheMagnificent

I would go back to Ancient Greece. They are just so cool. I would go and look at the real Parthenon (fun fact, the Parthenon we have today might not be the actual Parthenon), watch their plays, meet Greek philosophers like Socrates or Aristotle, and watch the Trojan War and finally know if it was real or not.
I agree, Greece is cool. That might be my second stop.

Farfle the smelly

I would go back to Ancient Greece. They are just so cool. I would go and look at the real Parthenon (fun fact, the Parthenon we have today might not be the actual Parthenon), watch their plays, meet Greek philosophers like Socrates or Aristotle, and watch the Trojan War and finally know if it was real or not.
This was my first thought as well. I would absolutely looooove to go back to Greece, and then I would smack all the men and say ‘women can be philosophers too, donchaknow?!’ And then totally stalk Socrates until he became my non-pervy mentor. Siiiigh. That would be amazing.

Edited for horrific grammatical errors.

Farfle the smelly

You mean great grandparents
And they are dead
There are other grandparents...somewhere. Mine are dead too. But I really don’t think you’d enjoy it. Although I don’t think it would be much different than now, just today + rationing and working in bomb factories. Well, if you’re female.

Aggressor

I'd go back to before the PvP arena was announced

But being serious (not that I wasnt), probably just after AD in Jerusalem.

UBERhelp1

I'd go back to January 2020. The reasons are plentiful. Tell Kobe not to go in a helicopter, the idiots in the white house to take Covid seriously, invest in PPE companies, pull money from stocks before the market goes to crap, etc.

But since in reality you can only go forward in time, I'd use relativistic effects to go on a short trip for me into space, turn around, come back, and be a very rich person due to interest. Could do anything I want after that.

Lady Gato

I'd like to go back in time and talk to my great great grandfather to find out why he and most of his siblings left Ireland - was it truly because of the potato famine or another reason. And I know my husband would like to talk to his great great grandfather who came over with his family from Germany -- he'd like to know if he truly had 2 Sioux wives (as far as I know they weren't at the same time) :) LOL there are some things you can't find out from ancestry research.