• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Timers and Reconstruction Mode

Graviton

In a thread that was closed yesterday a claim was made that when you move set buildings in RM their 24-hour timer resets. This is false, the timer does not reset. I was crafting a response to that point when that thread was closed but I didn't want that misconception floating around out there.

That is all. Carry on.

DeletedUser37581

I do believe there are conditions where changes can be made to a set in reconstruction mode and the timers will be reset. If the adjacent buildings of a piece changes, the timer will reset.

Using the Cherry Garden set as an example. If the Gong of Wisdom was adjacent to two other pieces - Sakura Rock and Nishikigoi Pond - and this was changed in RC so that the Gong of Wisdom becomes adjacent to three other pieces - Sakura Rock, Nishikigoi Pond and Emperor's Entrance, then the timer would reset.

In addition, I believe that even changing which pieces are adjacent will reset the timer. If the Gong of Wisdom was adjacent to two other pieces - Sakura Rock and Nishikigoi Pond - and this was changed in RC so that the Gong of Wisdom becomes adjacent to Sakura Rock and Emperor's Entrance, then the timer would still reset. Even though Gong of Wisdom is still next to two pieces, they aren't the same two pieces.

Disclaimer: I have not tested this for myself.

Graviton

That's a good point to make, though. My test didn't involve mixing up the configuration, just moving the set.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Also, if you have 2 full sets of one type, and any of those buildings from the other set get put together with each other the timer will reset. Unfortunately once the buildings are temporarily stored it is impossible to know which set they were from if you store them all. The only work around I'm aware of is to store only one set, do whatever with it, then work with the second set.

DeletedUser4441

In a thread that was closed yesterday a claim was made that when you move set buildings in RM their 24-hour timer resets. This is false, the timer does not reset. I was crafting a response to that point when that thread was closed but I didn't want that misconception floating around out there.

That is all. Carry on.
^^^^^^^
This is INCORRECT.

Also, if you have 2 full sets of one type, and any of those buildings from the other set get put together with each other the timer will reset. Unfortunately once the buildings are temporarily stored it is impossible to know which set they were from if you store them all. The only work around I'm aware of is to store only one set, do whatever with it, then work with the second set.
^^^^^^^^
This IS Correct

Do not mix n match sets with varied timers. The only workaround I have found, other than not storing them, is to use a Diamond collect (all timers will be identical) prior to re-config of town.

Graviton

Well...what I stated was not incorrect, it was just incomplete. If you move an entire set in Reconstruction Mode and don't rearrange them, the timer does not reset.

Before:
Set Move 1.jpg

After:
Set Move 2.jpg

Super Catanian

Weird. One time in RC, I moved my Indian Palace Set, which doesn't yet have the Maharaja's Palace. I made sure to move the pieces exactly in the same positions as before, meaning adjacent to the same exact pieces as before. The timers still reset.

Algona

Weird. One time in RC, I moved my Indian Palace Set, which doesn't yet have the Maharaja's Palace. I made sure to move the pieces exactly in the same positions as before, meaning adjacent to the same exact pieces as before. The timers still reset.

Prolly not. You rearranged without knowing you did so. I did that twice then started paying close attention.

As long as you actually keep the set pieces touching the exact same set pieces you can flip and reorient sets. This comes in especially handy with the Palace if you need to move it to the other side of the road or change the orientation from horizontal to vertical.