• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Tips for getting more supplies

DeletedUser

It seems like I can't have enough supplies. I'm trying to have things in production at all times, but I need supplies for EVERYTHING. It'd be nice if we could use just money for some things. Aside from missions and production buildings, are there any good tips for gaining supplies?

DeletedUser

I would do the long 8/24 hour ones at the pottery/hunter.
I took like 2500 from them just now :D Worth the wait.

Also, just do the missions, they tend to get you good supplies. :)

DeletedUser

Actually narwhal, the rates are much better for 5 minute jobs than any other duration. As they get longer, the rate actually gets worse. You'd get almost as much by doing 5 minute jobs for an hour as you would for one single 8 hour time. Whenever I'm sitting at the computer I have all my buildings running 5 minute jobs non-stop, the only time I use a longer duration is when I'm going to be away from the computer for a period of time longer than 5 minutes.

I'm struggling for coins more than supplies.

To answer the OP, no, there's no other way to get supplies other than quests and production buildings. You'll just have to be patient and do a lot of clicking. Try and get the buildings with the best production rates for their size. You'll see most of the top players with tonnes of blacksmiths. Although fruit farms have much higher production rates, they are very big and not practical once you start having to cram things in. Blacksmiths, on the other hand, are only as big as houses.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Quest are the way to go early on. I was sitting on over 12k of supplies with just a single fruit farm. Do the quest early on until you need the space. Then go heavy blacksmiths and be prepared to do some serious clicking every 5 minutes. Things will only get worse as things begin to cost so much more. There is no such thing as to many supplies. Right when you think you have more then you will ever need, GET MORE!

DeletedUser

Actually narwhal, the rates are much better for 5 minute jobs than any other duration. As they get longer, the rate actually gets worse. You'd get almost as much by doing 5 minute jobs for an hour as you would for one single 8 hour time. Whenever I'm sitting at the computer I have all my buildings running 5 minute jobs non-stop, the only time I use a longer duration is when I'm going to be away from the computer for a period of time longer than 5 minutes.

I'm struggling for coins more than supplies.

To answer the OP, no, there's no other way to get supplies other than quests and production buildings. You'll just have to be patient and do a lot of clicking. Try and get the buildings with the best production rates for their size. You'll see most of the top players with tonnes of blacksmiths. Although fruit farms have much higher production rates, they are very big and not practical once you start having to cram things in. Blacksmiths, on the other hand, are only as big as houses.

I know i know but that requires you to be very active. I am happy to sit here and wait for a bit hit of them instead of clicked every few minutes. :)

DeletedUser

Then you want fruit farms for sure. With a blacksmith say you have 10 (and happy as can be getting 120 percent) in 1 hour you will have 380 supplies (38X10=380). Doing the same thing using 5 mins you will have 840 (7X10X12=840). That is a huge difference. lol you do not even want to know the gap in a 24 hour production. Blacksmiths are not even worth your time for long gap clicks.

DeletedUser

I have changed my ways and not have 7000 coins and 5000 supplies :)

DeletedUser

I do the 5 minute farming. It's pretty much the same as grepo in that fasion. :)

DeletedUser34

I am rushing up to goat farm, and then I do between 1 hour and 8 hour runs. I have 4 resource production buildings, but when I get goat farm probably just 3. I also looked at haekels guide for building stats, and focus on buildings that are more productive per square to fit more. It is really hard to get a good handle on your city until the Iron age imo, because your constantly shifting in bronze....

DeletedUser

Can you conquer other people's cities? I have been wondering this for a while. I'm not really sure how wars between guilds will be fought.

DeletedUser34

Can you conquer other people's cities? I have been wondering this for a while. I'm not really sure how wars between guilds will be fought.

No you can't. Attacking is only good for gaining points towards medals. (and the looting value) but if you attack me, I lose nothing really. it is truly a self paced game, not one that will "rim" me if I am a casual player.

DeletedUser

Darn. There's got to be a way to fight wars in guilds, though... I hope.. :p

DeletedUser

funny-dog-pictures-yes-i-hear-you-i-just-dont-believe-you.jpg

DeletedUser

You can plunder someone's production building if it is in the process of producing goods. For example, some njub keeps attacking me and cancelling my overnight 8 hour dye productions. I may be losing nothing but time and a small amount of cash/supplies, but it is still quite annoying. If you're looking to start a war, you could annoy someone into reacting.

DeletedUser

You also loose your soldiers who were defending if you loose the battle no?

DeletedUser

No you don't loose your defending units.
And since almost always you will loose(maybe not if you have really stronger units) I don't have units in defense,since if you do it will give to the attacker more battle points and if I am competing with someone in PvP tower and we are close I don't want to give him that adventage :D

DeletedUser

I hate it when I attack people, and none of their buildings are sabatagable.

DeletedUser

Well you don't have to sabotage them at that time.
You have 24 hours to plunder their buildings so you can wait and visit them occasionally and see if you can plunder anything.