• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Tips for getting more supplies

DeletedUser42549

My self personally, I built 5 butcher shops. This gives me about 12,000 supplies every 24 hours. The next thing I'm going to do is Change my butcher shops to goat farms which give you way more supplies. Just remember to schedule your productions so you'll be on the game when there finished to avoid being plundered! Also make sure your inhabitants are ecstatic (120%) and they'll produce even more supplies.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40527

My self personally, I built 5 butcher shops. This gives me about 12,000 supplies every 24 hours. The next thing I'm going to do is Change my butcher shops to goat farms which give you way more supplies. Just remember to schedule your productions so you'll be on the game when there finished to avoid being plundered! Also make sure your inhabitants are ecstatic (120%) and they'll produce even more supplies.
Butchers are better than Goat farms. They produce more supplies per tile. They are also smaller (4x3 instead of 4x5 goat farms) so they fit in your city better. Butchers are also half the population required than goat farms. It is better to have 2 butchers than 1 goat farm because with the same population, you can repeatedly complete the quest to "Produce 2 Meat Skewers" much more easily than "Produce 2 whole cheese wheels". Theses repeatable quests can really help build your coins, supplies, goods, and forge point packs. Also, with less population required, you need less houses, which means more available space. Also with less population, you need less happiness buildings to keep city enthusiastic. Also, I highly recommend building Lighthouse of Alexandria which gives a big boost to your supplies.

DeletedUser42786

Actually narwhal, the rates are much better for 5 minute jobs than any other duration. As they get longer, the rate actually gets worse. You'd get almost as much by doing 5 minute jobs for an hour as you would for one single 8 hour time. Whenever I'm sitting at the computer I have all my buildings running 5 minute jobs non-stop, the only time I use a longer duration is when I'm going to be away from the computer for a period of time longer than 5 minutes.

I'm struggling for coins more than supplies.

To answer the OP, no, there's no other way to get supplies other than quests and production buildings. You'll just have to be patient and do a lot of clicking. Try and get the buildings with the best production rates for their size. You'll see most of the top players with tonnes of blacksmiths. Although fruit farms have much higher production rates, they are very big and not practical once you start having to cram things in. Blacksmiths, on the other hand, are only as big as houses.
Quests and 5 minute productions help to increase supplies rapidly, as well as taking land by fighting

DeletedUser38613

It seems like I can't have enough supplies. I'm trying to have things in production at all times, but I need supplies for EVERYTHING. It'd be nice if we could use just money for some things. Aside from missions and production buildings, are there any good tips for gaining supplies?
building boostd help a LOT. LoA GB is wildly supportive. doing that blacksmith stuff is way too time consuming especially if you have a full life outside this game. At the very least early on.

Random.dude878

You can plunder someone's production building if it is in the process of producing goods. For example, some njub keeps attacking me and cancelling my overnight 8 hour dye productions. I may be losing nothing but time and a small amount of cash/supplies, but it is still quite annoying. If you're looking to start a war, you could annoy someone into reacting.
If you need help with defensive armies to protect your city overnight, you could follow the guide (link below), and it will probably save your city
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...eral-offensive-defensive-military-guide.8777/

Random.dude878

I make sure my citizens are enthusiastic. it keeps me pretty stocked in supplies and gold....
Gold is a good in the Early Middle Ages, were you looking for "coins?"
Sorry for the people who use "gold" instead of "coins," but once you get into EMA, you might want to start changing what you say.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I can't believe this necro is still alive. Zombies rule!

Best supply advice for Iron Age... build a Himeji Castle great building... supply issue solved.

The Lady Redneck

In the early Ages I have all my supply buildings on 24 hr pick up. I make sure they are in my current age ASAP to moving up. I build the smallest one and have it in multiples of 2. and use the recurring quest asking for 2 of the 24 hr production. That way if I have 6 of the production building I can collect on it 3 times so get 3 lots of supplies plus 3 rewards and often the reward is for more supplies. I also use the recurring quest for collecting coin, if it asks for 6,000 coin that is what I collect, then cycle through the recurring quest until the one for coin comes up again and collect another 6000. Again the rewards can be anything but you get more of coin or supplies than anything else. Can do the same with the Spend X amount to FPs quest. It is also handy when an Event asks for an X amount of quests to be done.