• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Tips for getting more supplies

DeletedUser34

I make sure my citizens are enthusiastic. it keeps me pretty stocked in supplies and gold....

DeletedUser

Actually narwhal, the rates are much better for 5 minute jobs than any other duration. As they get longer, the rate actually gets worse. You'd get almost as much by doing 5 minute jobs for an hour as you would for one single 8 hour time. Whenever I'm sitting at the computer I have all my buildings running 5 minute jobs non-stop, the only time I use a longer duration is when I'm going to be away from the computer for a period of time longer than 5 minutes.

I'm struggling for coins more than supplies.

To answer the OP, no, there's no other way to get supplies other than quests and production buildings. You'll just have to be patient and do a lot of clicking. Try and get the buildings with the best production rates for their size. You'll see most of the top players with tonnes of blacksmiths. Although fruit farms have much higher production rates, they are very big and not practical once you start having to cram things in. Blacksmiths, on the other hand, are only as big as houses.

Where do you get the fruit farms, I have the quest, but can't find them?
Nevermind I found it, oh, and thanks for the answer, but I found it then saw your answer...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I know it's just a dinky lil game but the supply ratio between an hour of smithing as opposed to pottery is offensive! I have done both and would not pay more for a jar than a handmade tool!! Just sayin...

DeletedUser

True, but a blacksmith is 4 squares, pottery is 12 squares. Even though you can't fit 3 into the same space, you produce more from 2 blacksmiths than you do from 1 pottery. Production values are viewed more production per square. Additionally there has to be some consideration for size as well. A fruit farm would certainly take up a lot more space relative to a blacksmith. The game tries to balance variety and playability. There are many choices each with its own pros and cons. I hope this helps you understand. Enjoy the game.

DeletedUser

True, but a blacksmith is 4 squares, pottery is 12 squares. Even though you can't fit 3 into the same space, you produce more from 2 blacksmiths than you do from 1 pottery. Production values are viewed more production per square. Additionally there has to be some consideration for size as well. A fruit farm would certainly take up a lot more space relative to a blacksmith. The game tries to balance variety and playability. There are many choices each with its own pros and cons. I hope this helps you understand. Enjoy the game.

I think puswadalpha was just making a realism comment on how the products of a pottery (jar) are considered better than the products of a blacksmith (handmade tool) when in fact it should be the other way around.

DeletedUser

I think puswadalpha was just making a realism comment on how the products of a pottery (jar) are considered better than the products of a blacksmith (handmade tool) when in fact it should be the other way around.

Earlier I ran some errands and came back to the game much later than I anticipated. I discovered that all of my blacksmith supplies had "spoiled". I couldn't help but laugh! Who ever heard of a horseshoe spoiling?? Fruit I can understand, but if we are talking parallels with reality, the idea of a product made from metal being valued the same as a clay jar, and spoiling over time is pretty funny.

DeletedUser

Besides building roof tile houses and hut is there any way to get gold quicker?

DeletedUser

You can polish/motivate your neighbors for 20 gold. OR you can try your hand at raiding them. HeHe :)

DeletedUser

You are correct on the 5 min farming but there is more then that when it comes friends/guilds motivating your production. If you are using a 5 minute window and your friends are not able to motivate in that time frame you wont have a yield as good as say 1 hour with motivation doubling your production. Just food for thought.

DeletedUser

You are correct on the 5 min farming but there is more then that when it comes friends/guilds motivating your production. If you are using a 5 minute window and your friends are not able to motivate in that time frame you wont have a yield as good as say 1 hour with motivation doubling your production. Just food for thought.

While this is true your guild members can only movitivate 1 building/day each. on top of that you are assuming that your guildies are not polishing for you. overall the 5 min production will win out over the few times that you get a motivation/day from your guildies.

DeletedUser

Do I need to keep my pottery building and my hunter's building? Will I need them some time in the future or can I get rid of them to make more space for more blacksmith buildings?

Random.dude878

Then you want fruit farms for sure. With a blacksmith say you have 10 (and happy as can be getting 120 percent) in 1 hour you will have 380 supplies (38X10=380). Doing the same thing using 5 mins you will have 840 (7X10X12=840). That is a huge difference. lol you do not even want to know the gap in a 24 hour production. Blacksmiths are not even worth your time for long gap clicks.
Plus excellent income for the fruit farm when motivated

Random.dude878

It seems like I can't have enough supplies. I'm trying to have things in production at all times, but I need supplies for EVERYTHING. It'd be nice if we could use just money for some things. Aside from missions and production buildings, are there any good tips for gaining supplies?
Buy forge points. From Coins: 60,785 and Supplies: 1,283 to Coins:1,283 and Supplies 60,785. What a coincidence! :D

DeletedUser27373

place the chateau and do the recurring quests. You will get coins, medals, goods, bps, etc

Algona

place the chateau and do the recurring quests. You will get coins, medals, goods, bps, etc

Great advice.

Except that this thread is 7 years old.

And the people who were having the problems have long since quit.

And the game has changed massively in that time, including the addition of Chateau.

And that anyone who can afford to build Chateau has already resolved theor Supply problems.

Aside from those minor flaws, a most excellent piece of advice