• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

To have the option to regulate, who and when, FPs are donated to GBs.

DeletedUser38553

I am proposing a check box that would help players to regulate, who and when, people in the neighborhoods, guilds, and friends list can donate FPs to GBs. For instance, I try to help players that struggle with collecting FPs, thus being ineffective in swap threads or contributing in general to GBs and being successful at claiming rewards. It would be beneficial to have the option to not allowing people to contribute and steal the rewards from those players that do not collect FPs. Thus helping all players be able to enjoy the game equally in their own game play style. If the idea of a full stop of donations, perhaps the option when someone tries to donate FPs, the option to deny the donation, thus effectively controlling who and when players can donate to GBs.

DeletedUser33179

No. No. No.

GB donations are intentionally designed as an open auction tpye system. It's meant to provide challenge to donating. Absolutely No One "steals rewards" ftom you. If you don't lock the spot, then it's not yours!

Can't handle the challenge, snipers, or competition? Too bad.

DeletedUser36624

This gets proposed a lot, and is very unpopular every time. -1 from me too.

DeletedUser

First, if you're going to make a proposal here, it has to be in the proper format and follow proposal guidelines. Both can be found in this thread:
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/proposal-guidelines-read-before-posting.139/
If you want to go to the trouble of changing your proposal to the proper format, you can do so using the Edit button along the bottom of your post. I am moving this thread to Forge Hall for discussion pending that edit.

As a player, I am always opposed to this when it is proposed as it is a major change to how the game works and does not improve the game overall. It throws off the balance that the developers strive to maintain between individual prerogatives and group opportunities.

Super Catanian

A GB reward is only a potential reward, not one that already belongs to you; you are not entitled to that reward just because you aren’t donating enough FP.
Just watch the movie SING and pay attention to the part where the mouse feels that he deserves the grand prize before the competition even starts. That is basically what you are saying.
-1 BIG NO

Algona

I vote no. Again.

enjoy the game equally in their own game play style.

Enjoy the game? Sure! Get special treatment because of their choices in game play? No.

I try to help players that struggle with collecting FPs, thus being ineffective in swap threads or contributing in general to GBs and being successful at claiming rewards

Making the game easier so you can give them charity is not teaching them anything.

Teach them effective FP strategies rooted in the current rules and play techniques. For an unexample:

steal the rewards

The first rule of GB Reward slots: If the slot ain't locked it ain't owned.

Last edited:

BruteForceAttack

-1 just like you cannot opt out of being plundered. if you want to secure your gb, lock it. if you fail to do that get sniped.l

listen to this youtube.com/watch?v=4m1EFMoRFvY

qaccy

The only part of an idea like this that I'd be willing to get behind is an option to only allow contributions from fellow guildmates. However, on the whole I have to say that I don't think the game really needs it. There are already ways to have varying degrees of control over GB donations, and while none of them are perfect, neither is this suggestion.

The best way to control GB donations is to simply change (decrease) the rewards so there's no profit to be had unless you happen to stumble across a self-leveller. That's what Elvenar does! You won't really see much sniping when the #1 spot on a GB pays out less than 10% of the total level cost. That's a whole different subject, though.

DeletedUser15539

Maybe the real question that should be asked is: just how close do we want FOE to be to real life?

I do not want the extreme of having a game I play for fun to be too frustrating and too close to real life. But neither do I want the opposite extreme, where nothing bad or unforeseen can happen, and the game becomes too easy.

-1. We're close enough to the happy medium the way things are.