• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Toggle between coins and supplies for Aiding Reward

MaranKarma

Current System - players receive coins (amount increases by age) for each Aid

Proposed- toggle switch that allows player to decide if they want coins or supplies as Aiding reward.

Cheat - As coins and supplies are equally weighted in the game, I don't see any ability to cheat with this option.

Last edited:

Stephen Longshanks

Current System - players receive counseling (amount increases by age) for each Aid
What? Grief counseling? Addiction therapy? Oh, you meant 'coins' but didn't bother to proofread before posting. Also didn't bother to follow the Proposal Guidelines for formatting.
Proposed- toggle switch that allows player to decide if they want couns or supplies as Aiding reward.
Why? More choices is not always better. Why would this be good for the game?
Cheat - As coins and supplies are equally weighted in the game, I don't see any ability to cheat with this option.
I'm assuming that by 'cheat' you actually mean 'abuse' (formatting would be useful, and Inno provides one if only people would use it). No, there's probably no abuse with this suggestion, but not much point, either. The amount you get from aiding is mostly irrelevant past Iron Age, so whether it's coins or supplies would be irrelevant. If you're that hard up for supplies, set your production buildings for 5 minute cycles for a while.
Also, see my signature. :)

DeletedUser31592

Outside of brand new cities, I can't imagine many people would chose supplies over coins.....

DeletedUser28670

If you still need that mediocre reward from aiding as anything except a slight benefit for helping friends once you're past the first few ages you're doing something wrong.

I vote no.

Stephen Longshanks

I would. I could use more supplies production compared to coins... even if it's not much of a daily boost.

View attachment 11047
LOL. In Oceanic Future you get a whopping 310 coins per aid. If you had 140 friends, 80 guild mates and 80 neighbors, it would still take you ten months' worth of aiding to make up the 28.2M difference you currently have. And that's if you aid all of them every single day. All of them. Every single day.

Salsuero

LOL. In Oceanic Future you get a whopping 310 coins per aid. If you had 140 friends, 80 guild mates and 80 neighbors, it would still take you ten months' worth of aiding to make up the 28.2M difference you currently have. And that's if you aid all of them every single day. All of them. Every single day.
I did say "even if it's not much of a daily boost" -- but it's still better than coins in my particular case if I actually have a choice. I do aid all of them every single day, though I only have 80 friends. In my case, I'd get an additional pittance of 16,800 by doing so. It's not much, but it still pays for a couple UBQ's -- and that's better than nothing.

DeletedUser31592

I would. I could use more supplies production compared to coins... even if it's not much of a daily boost.

View attachment 11047
Your ratios are much closer than mine- I have roughly 10x the amount of coins as I do supplies. But I still have more supplies than I need, so it doesn't even matter..............

MaranKarma

Your ratios are much closer than mine- I have roughly 10x the amount of coins as I do supplies. But I still have more supplies than I need, so it doesn't even matter..............
What? Grief counseling? Addiction therapy? Oh, you meant 'coins' but didn't bother to proofread before posting. Also didn't bother to follow the Proposal Guidelines for formatting.

Why? More choices is not always better. Why would this be good for the game?

I'm assuming that by 'cheat' you actually mean 'abuse' (formatting would be useful, and Inno provides one if only people would use it). No, there's probably no abuse with this suggestion, but not much point, either. The amount you get from aiding is mostly irrelevant past Iron Age, so whether it's coins or supplies would be irrelevant. If you're that hard up for supplies, set your production buildings for 5 minute cycles for a while.
Also, see my signature. :)
Dude, I think you need a cookie. And what do you mean by see your signature?

DeletedUser31592

Dude, I think you need a cookie. And what do you mean by see your signature?
Stephen's signature,
Because the developers should be using their time to either fix current features or bring us good new features, not wasting it on crap like this.

And we aren't the same person. Out of curiosity- who needs the cookie? Me or him?