• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Toggle Off Blueprints

Tolarien

Has the idea to toggle off blueprint for certain GBs, like Notre Dame been suggested?

I have searched different ways such as "toggle off blueprints," "reward blueprints," "random blueprints," "turn off blueprints" and so on. I did not see what I was looking for so I figured I would ask before I attempt to make it a suggestion in the ideas thread. What I would like to know is if this has been proposed and turned down as a suggestion I did not see it in the DNSL but I am new to the forums perhaps it was dismissed as a bad idea years ago. I'm not greedy even the option to toggle off blueprints for just 3 GBs would be so much better. As it stands I am only in Tomorrow Era and have enough blueprints to build Norte Dame at least 15-20 times over. I can not get less than 2 ND or Col blueprints in every 5 random blueprints rewarded and I find this disconcerting. I had assumed as I leveled up I would receive more blueprints from later ages, unfortunately I have....Lotus and Space Needle. These worthless GBs as they are called all through these forums are taking up all my "random" Blueprint "rewards." So anywho, if someone remembers this being asked, shot down or knows how to properly use the search function please let me know thank you. If not, I will proceed with attempting to make it a proposal in the requested format in the ideas/suggestions thread. Thank you for your time.

Tolarien

I see your point in so far as it goes but blueprints are not hard to obtain to begin with. You can place on a GB and know exactly what prints and how many you're going to obtain. This way is faster and more efficient than relying on random blueprint rewards. Honestly, compared to placing on a GB I don't see any ease in the random blueprint system. When it's given as a "reward" for completing a daily challenge or finishing an instance in GE I expect it to be something useful in some way. Using GE as a guide every other reward I get is useful; supplies, gold, buildings, diamonds all of these are useful to me. Their values to the individual are different but they all provide usefulness and feel like a reward. Blueprints when for a GB I will never use, that I can not trade or sell, like I could with goods or buildings that I do not want, is then no longer a "reward" it is nothing. It has no use and no worth and I'm not asking for it to be removed just toggled off so the pool will reflect blueprints that I am more likely to use or at least consider building. Even then there would be a limit of say 2 or 3. For me; Colosseum, Notre Dame, St. Basil, Deal Castle, Capitol, Space Needle, Lotus Temple, Voyager V1, Gaea are all GBs I will never use totaling much higher than 3. Removing just 2 or 3 of these increases my odds of getting a more desirable blueprint that can actually be considered a "reward." Looking at it only as a system of effort and reward in the game, it is rather insulting to be presented with something so irrelevant for the troops/goods I invested. It is a system that is not optimal or fun, so why is it in game with no option or choice by the user to make it better, even if only slightly.

I would like to touch back on your point for the TLDR persons that may drive by. I have zero problem getting all the blueprints I need for all the GBs I want. It is not hard in anyway to get blueprints in this game. I am more concerned with being "rewarded" the equivalent of garbage for my time and effort from the random blueprint system. Again if it's neither fun or efficient why is it in the game?

Tolarien

Thinking on it further I would even settle for the option to toggle of a GB, say Notre Dame, but it remains in the pool for random rewards. But when I receive a random blueprint reward and the game lands on Notre Dame I don't even see a pop up window, I just get nothing. This would even work for me. At least I wouldn't see the popup, think oh cool a blueprint, then get that depressed feeling when it's a garbage print I don't want. And the game would stop sorting these "Great Buildings" to the top of my Great Building list. Out of sight, out of mind, good riddance to bad rubbish.

DevaCat

The print rewards are what they are. To toggle off certain GBs in order to increase your chances of getting prints you do want is not going to fly because that is making the game easier. To toggle off say the ND and just get nothing if that's the print reward would pass the "easy" test, but highly unlikely to be implemented for the tiny minority who are bugged by useless prints. Simpler for us to ignore the crappy print and move on.

Myself, I'm working on bragging rights, as in "I'm only in LMA and I can level my (unbuilt) Colosseum to 100 already!" ;)

Tolarien

If you want your efforts to be rewarded, start aiding manually.
That has no bearing on GE or quest rewards. But this form or blueprint reward(Aiding) again goes with what I'm saying, with extra effort I can better my situation. With GE and quest rewards more effort equals no betterment. But at least I have my answer about the chances of implementing it, less than none.

Thank you