• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Too many headstrong people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser23419

This seems to be a serious issue. Some people have called me a troll just because they hate my proposals in the first place. To add insult to injury, they are ignoring me as well no thanks to that situation.

Is this a serious problem, where by far too many people think they own this place?

I think so, and it should be dealt with immediately.

DeletedUser8428

Therin , you have every right to speak or not. Other people have every right to listen or not.

It is not the fault of the situation, it is your fault. Some responses to you have suggested that you consider how you speak to people in your post – if you want players to respond to you you can't treat them as though they're stupid. My guess is, that's why they ignore you.

DeletedUser23419

Therin , you have every right to speak or not. Other people have every right to listen or not.

It is not the fault of the situation, it is your fault. Some responses to you have suggested that you consider how you speak to people in your post – if you want players to respond to you you can't treat them as though they're stupid. My guess is, that's why they ignore you.

Your right, people have emotions. Calling them hypocrites and fools only makes the problem worse. Perhaps I'm just too paranoid for my own good.

But I still stand on this judgement. I firmly stood, clearly stating my principles in opposition of them. Did they surrender? No, they only escalated the problem, eventually resorting to shouts.

"Never negotiate with a terrorist." - this could be the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17558

Sitting on a one-legged stool makes for a precarious position. Maybe you should expand your justifications for your proposals to something other than "it's original". You are actually discouraging discourse when you make an adamant stand over abstract conceptualizations that have no possibility of being refuted because they have nothing to do with the actual proposal. Then to label people who won't accept your point of view "hypocrites and fools" is just the nail in the coffin.

Algona

I've seen you repeatedly call people fools and hypocrites, I'm glad you remember that. It's noteworthy that you did that well before anyone called you a troll.

You justifiably complain about being called a troll, it is against forum rules. As is calling people fools and hypocrites.

Instead of reporting the post, your reaction is to threaten them in another thread, then create this thread and a duplicate in another forum to state that other posters are the problem.

And now you just called people who don't like your posting style terrorists

SERIOUSLY?

You can call people names but if they call you names they are terrorists?

SERIOUSLY?

You've been here a few weeks and already repeatedly broken multiple rules (spamming, cross posting, threads in wrong forums, personal attacks, threats, amongst others) of this forum. You are just not a good neighbor.

Instead of asking for rules to protect you from the well earned contempt of others, maybe you should be asking the questions:

How do I stop making people mad?

How do I learn to not take forum posts so personally?

How do I repair my reputation?

How do I learn to communicate clearly and effectively?

One last note, in my nearly 60 years, I;ve learned that people that repeatedly assert characteristics about themselves are rarely accurate in their self appraisals. Quit telling us you are a genius, creative, or imaginative, demonstrate it instead.

DeletedUser14354

I honestly don't care how many proposals you put up. However, I have a minor request. Would it be possible for you to either:

1. Stop referring to yourself in your posts as a genius, or
2. Stop butchering the English language in your posts

It would make getting through your proposals that much easier, so I can get to the drama with people disagreeing with you, you overreacting, their calling you out for being a troll, your overreacting, etc.

DeletedUser8796

If you find yourself disliked, avoided, or targeted by almost all the people on forums you are the problem not everyone else.

DeletedUser8152

This topic isn't relevant to the game, so I'll move it to the Tavern. I'll delete the duplicate thread already in the Tavern.

DeletedUser23419

I cannot help with #2, sorry to say. And it's impossible for me to prove that I am such as well.
But I'm indeed guilty of a messiah complex, irrevocably so.

So, I contemporarily apologize. Keep in mind that I always mean my apologies. Changing is a different story.

DeletedUser10076

I say what i'll say and then i'll never respond to any of your posts of as I will put you on my ignore list.

1. This is has gone on too long, it should have never gotten this bad. The mods should have dealt with you weeks ago, and quite harshly as well. I am normally very supportive of the mod team, but on this they screwed the pooch. To be fair to them i think Jealis might be only one.
2. You have no justification for complaining that people call you a troll, because that is what you did. You specifically opened multiple threads to say the same thing, you insulted everyone who disagreed with you. Sometimes opening new threads simply to argue with them. I knew your "mindset" proposal needed to be closed immediately when i saw it(again the mods messed that up). Trolling is mentioned as against the forum rules i believe in the 3rd line which is why you should have been dealt with harshly weeks ago.
3. I don't care that you have apologized honestly, you have alot to learn about the game, life, and general politeness.

DeletedUser23419

I say what i'll say and then i'll never respond to any of your posts of as I will put you on my ignore list.
1. This is has gone on too long, it should have never gotten this bad. The mods should have dealt with you weeks ago, and quite harshly as well. I am normally very supportive of the mod team, but on this they screwed the pooch. To be fair to them i think Jealis might be only one.
2. You have no justification for complaining that people call you a troll, because that is what you did. You specifically opened multiple threads to say the same thing, you insulted everyone who disagreed with you. Sometimes opening new threads simply to argue with them. I knew your "mindset" proposal needed to be closed immediately when i saw it(again the mods messed that up). Trolling is mentioned as against the forum rules i believe in the 3rd line which is why you should have been dealt with harshly weeks ago.
3. I don't care that you have apologized honestly, you have alot to learn about the game, life, and general politeness.

It's a dog-eat dog world. I have no morals and ethics no thanks to the rejections of others. Live with it.
And since you don't care about my apology, consider it forfeit as well. I thought you were better than these petty squabbles.

That, and rules are meant to be broken. And not just at whim either.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23419

It means he didn't mean it. It is a bad attempt at seeming contrite. He even admitted as much.

I hope your doing a poor job at convincing him. I knew you would make any excuse to slam me down further.

DeletedUser8152

As this topic is devolving into personal attacks (amazingly!) it will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.