• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Too Many Rogue Hideouts?

Czari

In my main city I have approximately 1,100 unattached rogues. I also have about 10 rogue hideouts so my supply of those is good as well. I heard someone say to only get one rogue hideout (assuming one has a Traz) because if one gets too many hideouts the Traz will mainly make those. That got me wondering: does the Traz prioritize units it produces ie. if I have more rogue hideouts than other military buildings, will it automatically make more of those.

One rogue hideout, even with a Traz, doesn't seem enough but, given my amount of unattached rogues and needing unattached units from my other military buildings, would deleting some of my hideouts help?

DeletedUser26965

does the Traz prioritize units it produces ie. if I have more rogue hideouts than other military buildings, will it automatically make more of those.
I believe that is the accepted reality.

DeletedUser12620

If you are really looking to find a way to get free independent units try thinking of ways you could possibly get them ... It's not rocket science.

Wasting time smh..... A player like you should know already.

DeletedUser27184

The real question is whether you hold troops buildings other then rogues? And why?

If you don't, then you need just one Hideout, and the traz will give you 100% rogues.
If you GvG a lot, and need troops to place, you will have other troops building, and then (per the conventional wisdom) the more hideouts the higher chance to get a rogue from the Traz.

But unless you farm troops different from rogues specifically for GvG, the best is to have just Traz and one Hideout.

Czari

Sorry I wasted your time ForGotten, but if you read carefully my question wasn't "How to farm military units" it was only "does the Traz prioritize the units it produces based on the number of x type of military building." And yes, I receive many unattached troops from GE, quests, etc. With that said...

...thank you sloppyjoe for answering my specific question. I asked this question of my then guild when I first built my Traz and was told it produced "random units." It was just recently in my new guild the "only have one rogue hideout" comment to another player got me thinking.

@jobu - Yes, I participate heavily in GvG and PvP...and will be doing some GvG soon. I've always taken the stance of having a balanced military base ie. at least one of each unit type building but if the Traz works as stated, then I could build several of one type of building, get a good amount of unattached units of that type, rinse and repeat.

DeletedUser26120

was told it produced "random units."
It does produce random units but the more barracks you have set up for a specific unit, the higher your odds of getting that unit.

5 rogue hideouts vs 1 stealth tank factory will produce 5 times as many rogues, on average.

DeletedUser

It does produce random units but the more barracks you have set up for a specific unit, the higher your odds of getting that unit.
I actually started tracking this in early June while contemplating a city overhaul. I know one city for a little over 3 months is a small sample size but my results so far have been it distributes troops evenly regardless of how many barracks. Some days I may get 20 rouges and some days as few as 3. That is not to say all my troops are evenly divided but the largest margin is only 75 difference. If Traz was designed to kick out more based on quantity of barracks I am not seeing it and just planning on my army having an equal divide of what I can produce.

Czari

Thank you Dursland and snake - it sounds like we don't know for sure based on snake's tracking. I'm testing this in my main city (where I have 1,100+rogues and around 8 rogue hideouts). I usually put down one of each type of building but I deleted my light military building and added a second heavy building. I'm interested to see if I get more heavy units than units that only have one building.

Thank you all again and, ForGotten - sorry I got snarky with you. :oops: