• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

ToR displaying wrong stats for chance for Relic

DeletedUser25920

Not sure if this should be posted here or in the Bug Reports section. I have noticed that my ToR displays wrong % chance for Relic.
I only noticed this recently, while it is at level 8, so not sure if this was happening in earlier levels.

At Level 8 chance of spawning a Relic should be 15.25%
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Temple_of_Relics.

When in my city, if I mouse over the ToR, or click on it and open its contribution window, it displays correctly the relic chance being 15.25%

However, if I go to my inventory and to the blueprints tab, and mouse over the ToR, there it tells me that my ToR is at level 8, and the chance for relic is [only] 15% !! Same if go to the Build Menu, and to the GB tab, again the ToR is shown to have only 15% chance at its current level.

ToR level8.png

ToR level8 b.png

Now this may only be a display issue (I am sure that is what Inno will say), but even so it should be fixed.
Moreover, as the benefit of the ToR is statistical in nature, we have no way of verifying if when doing GE the game uses 15.25% or 15% as the chance to spawn a relic. So it makes me worried that all this time, it may have been using a smaller % for the probability to spawn a relic. (You may say it is a small difference, but there is small difference (0.25%-0.5%) between levels anyway, and since we level it up we do want this small increase in chance %).

My ToR is going to be level 9 soon, so I will see if this discrepancy in % continues in level 9, or it happens only for level 8.

DeletedUser27889

Very interesting, my ToR is level 4 and is showing a .5 discrepancy. Couldn't agree with you more Lady Egwene, they may say this is just visual but the game has to get the input percentage from somewhere to spawn the relics and if it's coming from the same place the inventory number is coming from than it would be configured incorrectly.

Screen Shot 2017-08-13 at 8.25.44 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-08-13 at 8.25.56 AM.png

This ToR is more trouble than it's worth.

DeletedUser25920

It seems then that this discrepancies exists for many (all?) levels. Likely this is the initial probabilities %, and then later (before the ToR was released) they changed them (made them a bit higher) but forgot to update them everywhere. We still have the question which % are actually used when one is solving GE encounters (the ones displayed in the contribution window or the [lower] ones displayed in the inventory & building menu?

DeletedUser25920

Looks like a bug, did you make support aware of it?

I hadn't. Since I posted this here, and others have confirmed they also see a wrong % I thought maybe this can be forwarded to the developers to look at (since it is a wider issue and seems to be affecting everyone's ToR, and not something specific with my city).
I have submitted a ticket now, but looks to me like duplication of effort, and there is more information and screenshots in this thread regarding this issue. Well we will see what they say when I get a response.

DeletedUser25920

So someone responded to my ticket and said it is a display issue with chrome, caused by the latest Chrome update, and that the 'chrome people' are working on it. I can't see how displaying a different number depends on the browser(?).
Also, I then tested it in firefox, and had the same issue. So definitely not something caused by the latest Chrome update, because then how it can also happen with Firefox? so I do not have hopes of this being fixed soon.
However, I also tested it on android tablet, and there the % is correct in the build menu; so at least this makes me more confident that it is a display only issue (in Chrome and Firefox) and that the relics are likely calculated using the correct (higher) %.