1. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Tournament forces all completions, ignores "OR"

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by LorraineE, Jun 8, 2019.

1. LorraineE

LorraineE Member

My last two tournament completions require all events completed both above and below the "OR". "OR" seems to be ignored.

2. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

Odds are that there is a third task that you have to scroll down to see, and that's why the quest doesn't complete when you finish one of the "or" tasks. That's usually the case when someone posts this. It seems to get posted at least once in every event.

3. LorraineE

LorraineE Member

It looks like I completed one part of the "OR" .
    upload_2019-6-8_14-31-3.png

4. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

You still need to pay 782,000 coins

OR was for defeating the army OR solving the negotiation. Paying the coins is a seperate quest and not part of the OR. That's why it is in a seperate part of the quest.

Stephen Longshanks and Camelion like this.
  5. LorraineE

LorraineE Member

My assumption was that the first quest had to be done OR complete the other two. Paying the coins appears to be an addition to solving the simple negotiation. If I needed to complete all tasks, the OR should not have appeared at all.

6. dontwannaname

dontwannaname Well-Known Member

The posted quest has two parts.

Part 1 is to "Defeat this very small army" OR "Solve this simple negotiation".
    Part 2 is to "Pay 782,000 coins".

Both parts needs to be completed. Part 1 contains an option and is completed by accomplishing either option.

Therefore to complete the quest, one can "Defeat this very small army" and "Pay 782,000 coins" or else one can "Solve this simple negotiation" and "Pay 782,000 coins".

Camelion and RazorbackPirate like this.
  7. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

You can see it in the picture you posted. The first two quests with the OR in between are grouped. The third quests appears alone. How much clearer do you want it?

You either fought the army or solved the negotiation and the first two quests completed. Did that not give you a clue?

8. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

As others have pointed out, once you complete one of the first two tasks, the entirety of the "OR" part of the quest is done. Then (or before, order doesn't matter) you have to complete the third task because it is not part of the "OR". As @Agent327 said, they're grouped. There is a box around the two parts of the "OR" task and a separate box around the non-"OR" third task. You click on the moneybag icon to pay the 782,000 coins and the whole thing will complete. Voila!

9. BruteForceAttack

BruteForceAttack Well-Known Member

(Quest-1 OR Quest-2) AND (Quest-3)

(Fries OR Tots) AND (A-Drink)

Stephen Longshanks likes this.
  10. harbinger956

harbinger956 Well-Known Member

make it easy
    smash the alt+F4= quest complete

11. LorraineE

LorraineE Member

I apologize for my stupidity. Further study of my post shows the absolute separation of the last task from the first two. I was applying COBOL logic with the OR and completely missed the last task as an addition. Thank you for helping me through this. Yes, some of us do not have a clue.

12. Dido 815 the Scourge

Dido 815 the Scourge Active Member

Great reply with humility & humor! Gold star for you! This, boys & girls, is the most productive and sincere form of feedback acceptance. Well done! Brava!

While you may not have had a clue on this one, I for one would like to buy you a vowel as a thank you for your plucky response. Pat, can we please get LorraineE an “A”?

PS You’re not stupid. We’ve ALL had those “Doh!” moments. At least you were honest about yours. :D

Stephen Longshanks and Graviton like this.