Trade CHEATER Filter.... Proposal

DeletedUser2382

Are you serious? You think its "cheating" because someone else disagrees with the values YOU set for THEIR trade? Just don't take the trade if you have your own opinions!

DeletedUser4491

"Fair trade" is whatever a guild or a person decides it is, not what someone (you or FoE or whoever) decides it is. If I put up a Bronze Age for Modern Era trade at 2:1 and someone decides to take it then it's fair to them and it's obviously fair to me since I posted it.

Sorry this is a NO vote for me.

K--O

Sorry but I cannot support this proposal. Too many variations as to what is fair. And when I see the fair trade calculators or sites they typically only take the cost (coin/supplies) into account. They don't factor in size of the buildings (which means even within the same Era 1:1 really isn't fair) nor the time and FPs spent to get to the higher level to have to trade them down just based on coin/supplies.

DeletedUser11951

I think that we should have a base line for fair trades and if your guild wants to put it in place then do so. but Im not for making the market a fair trade place. You should be able to post what you want and if some one wants to take your trade then so be it.

DeletedUser13838

Sorry but I cannot support this proposal. Too many variations as to what is fair. And when I see the fair trade calculators or sites they typically only take the cost (coin/supplies) into account. They don't factor in size of the buildings (which means even within the same Era 1:1 really isn't fair) nor the time and FPs spent to get to the higher level to have to trade them down just based on coin/supplies.
The problem with accounting for the size of buildings in determining a fair trade is that you really have no rational alternative. If your boosted goods have buildings that are say double the size of the buildings I have boosted goods for, you are still better off using those goods. Given that, a trade of equal amounts of same age goods would cost an equal amount of marginal cost of coins/supplies. It is true that I'd be able to produce double the goods with the same amount of space, but I'm also paying double the marginal cost to do so.

You should be able to post your trades for whatever you like but I am not going to compensate you for the extra space you have to use because under normal circumstances I don't have to.

DeletedUser14197

I would like some option to only show trades that I consider fair. I would be more likely to accept more trades if I didln't have to always check to see if it is fair. I realize there are differences in what someone considers fair, but in ALL the guilds I have been in, they have considered 2 lower for one one age higher for lower age goods fair. ALL guilds I have been in have had this policy. They only differ in higher ages. Doesn't seem to me it would hurt anyone if they gave you the option to only see trades that either went by this 2:1/ 1:1/ 2:1 ratio, OR went by this ratio for lower age goods and the calculator for the higher age goods OR let you not have a filter on at all. No one would be stopping anyone from making unfair trades. It would just be allowing those of us who care to only see fair trades and would also keep newer players from being cheated. Sometimes players would want to choose to do an unfair trade just to progress in their tech tree. I am not one of those people. I would quit first. But, each to their own. The game may not have determined what a fair trade is, but the guilds certainly have.

DeletedUser14354

I would like some option to only show trades that I consider fair. I would be more likely to accept more trades if I didln't have to always check to see if it is fair. I realize there are differences in what someone considers fair, but in ALL the guilds I have been in, they have considered 2 lower for one one age higher for lower age goods fair. ALL guilds I have been in have had this policy. They only differ in higher ages. Doesn't seem to me it would hurt anyone if they gave you the option to only see trades that either went by this 2:1/ 1:1/ 2:1 ratio, OR went by this ratio for lower age goods and the calculator for the higher age goods OR let you not have a filter on at all. No one would be stopping anyone from making unfair trades. It would just be allowing those of us who care to only see fair trades and would also keep newer players from being cheated. Sometimes players would want to choose to do an unfair trade just to progress in their tech tree. I am not one of those people. I would quit first. But, each to their own. The game may not have determined what a fair trade is, but the guilds certainly have.
So, just to be clear, you acknowledge that there is no actual definition of what constitutes a "fair" trade...but you still want an option to limit trades to only those that you define to be fair?

Just curious, how would that work?

DeletedUser14197

So, just to be clear, you acknowledge that there is no actual definition of what constitutes a "fair" trade...but you still want an option to limit trades to only those that you define to be fair?

Just curious, how would that work?
That is not what I said. I think anyone should be able to make any trades they want. l I want the option to only see those trades I consider fair. I want the option to see only trades that go by the calculator or the 2:1, depending on which one my guild goes by or what I personally care to do. How would it work? Well, there would just be options when you go to see the trades: 1. See all 2. See only trades that are 2:1/1:1/2:1 OR 3. See only trades that are by the calculator. Doesn't seem that complicated to me and I can't see why anyone would care as it would be totally up the individual player which trades they saw. As it is now, I pull up the calculator and see if the trade is fair, as that is what my main guild goes by and I am inclined to think it is the best thing to go by. If it is fair by it, than I will take it. Most of the time, I simply don't bother taking trades if they are between ages. A lot of time I just take trades that are in the same age unless someone has posted that they are needing trades for tech tree or a great building and than I bother with checking them out.

DeletedUser7289

This is a solution in search of a problem. Your guild can set a "fair trade" policy for the guild. Every guild I'm in has one, though out of 4 guilds, 2 use a calculator and 2 use the 2:1 ratio. I've found that it actually doesn't make much difference which you use in the long run (I'm TE on 3 worlds, late CE on the other), but it is important for guild harmony to have an agreed upon policy in place. An "outside guild only" option would be nice, and I believe it has already been proposed.
Really, though, is it that big a deal if you see trades that you don't want? I see ads for things I don't want every time I turn on my TV.

DeletedUser13452

Sorry...you simply have to read over the trades and accept those that you deem fair as per your opinion. There are several reasons for posting trades of different value than the commonly accepted "fair trade." Remember, what's fair to you, may be unfair to another.

DeletedUser23098

Why does the game not allow us to create a fair trade, 1 Rope for 4 Iron. The game changes it to 1 rope for 2 Iron which is not a fair trade to me based on the cost to produce the goods which is 4 to 1.

DeletedUser13838

The game sets an upper limit on trade ratios at 2:1, presumably to limit trade abuse since there are no rules against trading with "unfair" ratios (defined by cost/supplies). But by LMA, the coins/supplies needed to make goods no longer doubles so you can begin to trade across more than 1 age. For example, LMA 2:1 Industrial and Colonial 2:1 Modern.

DeletedUser23144

SORRY BUT FAIR TRADE TO ME IS 1:1. PERIOD. END OF STATEMENTS

DeletedUser8428

Sorry Jedi, that makes no sense. You suggest that trading 1 marble (Bronze) for 1 copper (EMA) is a fair trade? 1 marble for brick?

DeletedUser23144

LEAVE IT ALONE IN JEDIMASTERS GUILD THE TRADES ARE 1:1 NO MATTER THE ERA. IT JUST SIMPLY FAIR TRADE. UNLESS THEY HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE, PERIOD. END OF STATEMENTS!!!

DeletedUser8152

We did 1:1 trades in our guild until refined goods started up, then it was just too much to ask from the high age people. But it was a good way to run things in lower ages.