• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Trade coins for supplies?

DeletedUser

Hi everyone, I have a simple question that I hope a nice neighbor can help me with.

Is there any way to trade "coins" for "supplies"? I have 35,000 coins and 200 supplies. Something seems wrong here.

Thank you.

DeletedUser

Part of the dynamics of the game is balancing coin and supply production. There will never be an option to trade one for the other.

DeletedUser

The point of the thread is that it seems VERY out of balance. Like I said, I have 35k coins and 200 supplies. Am I playing the game wrong?

If so, how do you play it correctly?

- - - Updated - - -

I have 38,000 coins now, and still 200 supplies. What am I supposed to spend all these coins on?

DeletedUser

Here are some threads you can review:

http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/...s-amp-Supplies&highlight=trade+coins+supplies

http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/...ging-resources&highlight=trade+coins+supplies

http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/...plies-or-coins&highlight=trade+coins+supplies

A search on "coins supplies" will give you others. Each of the resources have there use. When buildings and expansions start costing over 100,000 coins, you'll want more. With supply production you can increase the amount of supplies by collecting more often and/or building more producers. With coins, you have a variety of choices based on what you need at the time, coins or population, as well as how often you will collect.

DeletedUser

Thank you for the links.

One thing I read was exchanging coins for Forge points. That is very valid.

I will read more.

Thanks again.

By the way... Why can't we use paragraph spaces on this board?

DeletedUser2927

Nothings wrong.

Hi everyone, I have a simple question that I hope a nice neighbor can help me with.

Is there any way to trade "coins" for "supplies"? I have 35,000 coins and 200 supplies. Something seems wrong here.

Thank you.

You need to replace some of your houses with producers to even it out some, but be assured you will need all the coins you can get.

- - - Updated - - -

buy more goat farms or shoemakers

DeletedUser2780

Hi Arcane. Yes, there is a very simple way to trade coins for supplies. You'll notice that the buildings which produce supplies cost a lot of coins. Conversely, you'll notice that the buildings which produce coins cost a lot of supplies. Any time you have a huge amount of one and not enough of the other, you can covert them by purchasing the right buildings.

I call this balancing act the "see-saw" game. You'll know you have it right when you have both coins and supplies at a ratio you're happy with. Play this game until you have the best buildings possible. If you spend resources on anything but coin, supply or happiness buildings while balancing, you're simply delaying progress in the rest of the game for yourself.

The formulas for generating resources look something like this:

Coins = (Homes) + Time
Coins = (Lots of Supplies + Some Coins + Space) + Time

Supplies = (Supply Buildings) + Time
Supplies = (Lots of Coins + Some Supplies + Space + Population) + Time

I bolded lots of coins because that's the part of the equation you've already got. Chase down the others to convert.

DeletedUser

The problem I am having is, not having enough population (houses) or room to build supplies buildings (which seem to be quite a bit bigger than houses).

I will keep at it and investigate more.

Thanks for the responses.

DeletedUser36121

This thread is antique, but I hope that Arcane has looked back at this and realized that the issues he perceived were trivial, at worst. I know that to a new player 35,000 coins and 200 supplies seems both like large amounts and significantly out of balance.
Played well, meaning don't rush through ages and plan your city layout efficiently, you will reach a point where you cannot spend coins nor supplies fast enough that they don't accumulate to absurd levels.

Agent327

This thread is antique, but I hope that Arcane has looked back at this and realized that the issues he perceived were trivial, at worst. I know that to a new player 35,000 coins and 200 supplies seems both like large amounts and significantly out of balance.
Played well, meaning don't rush through ages and plan your city layout efficiently, you will reach a point where you cannot spend coins nor supplies fast enough that they don't accumulate to absurd levels.

At the time Arcane posted this the issues were not trivial at all. Arcane has not visited this forum in years, so I am really puzzled why you feel the need to answer this after all these years.

Do you think you need to do this to keep your forum account alive?