• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Trading down 20 Nickel, inspired by @commandercool1234

DreadfulCadillac

So ive done this sort of downtrading in the past, and was inspired to document it from him so here we go. I may use some tricks such as age skipping to get trades accepted. Also an important note in this strategy is you may have to add and delete friends in different eras to do this successfully. Unlike in the past, i will not be guild hopping at all to get trades accepted, nor will I be making mass dms with all friends in them. I shall be doing this on what i hope is a pretty large scale, planning to get alot of goods in eras i need such as te,me,pme, and CE. I will be most likely making profitable uptrades as well to help progress the goods, if applicable. I will most likely be downtrading furthur them me as well. Also, I may use guild threads, and friend threads I am already in, as well as asking around on global, to help get trades accepted. I am starting off with 20 nickel tonight, and made a trade asking for 40 superalloys. I will be updating this post as i make more trades, and more get accepted.
PS: I don't think this strategy will work for young cities if more and more of them keep doing it, as the ability for the market to support such trades IS finite. I have experienced myself with the introduction of things like gbg less trades being taken then in years past.
Edits: I will do my trades in one of the chart insert things they let you do on the forum, as it will make them easier to keep track of.
Current goods from the trade:
30 golden rice.

TRADES:
OfferingRequiringDateAccepted, waiting, or expired.Acceptance/expiration dateNotesTrades I accept from othersDate I accept others trades
OfferingRequiringDateAccepted, waiting, or expired.Acceptance/expiration dateNotesTrades I accept from othersDate I accept others trades
20 Nickel40 Superalloys1/6/2021Accepted!1/6/2021First trade to start them all offRequiring 50 olden Rice, offering 100 Blight.1/8/2021
40 Superalloys80 Golden Rice1/6/2021Accepted!1/7/2021
50 Biolight100 Nanowires1/8/2021Accepted!1/8/2021Did 2x of this trade

Last edited: