• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Trading Down Experiment

Stay Rita

In Q Vic helped trade down a ton of high era goods for me into low era goods IA and BA been using that stocks for months now

Just An Observer

I am in EMA with a solid recursion machine to produce goods. Being a Negotiator means I also need IA goods. I always offer EMA at 2 for 1 in the buyer's favor. Over time I built up a list of those who like to buy in wholesale quantities. On occasion I will see a trade for IA goods show up where I spend FP's but it is not that frequent.

Just An Observer

The way I get my high age goods is a Truce Tower. Yes, you have to buy the goods if you're low age, but imagine all the free goods you get.

I am using Truce Tower to get the Star Gazer goods right now. A carefully curated Friends list plus being in a guild with high level players and having the time to do this sure helps!

Kranyar the Mysterious

And it's not like you need to invest lots of fp into the DT, even level 8-10 will give a decent goods return if you use the trade down method even occasionally.

Johnny B. Goode

Curious as to whether you're posting one big trade or multiple smaller ones. I guess if your guild mates are taking them all it doesn't matter much, since there is no FP cost to taking them.

I think I'll do a similar experiment. However, I will start with 100 VF goods and try to get 1:2 all the way down. Also, I am in a solo guild on the world where I'm going to try this, so progress may be slow, or worse yet nonexistent.
Traded 100 Golden Rice for 200 Corals successfully.
Now offering 200 Corals for 400 Bioplastics.
On Sinerania.

ahsay

I would say that 50 forge points is worth 10k goods wouldn't you?
Yes I would agree but I've seen the math too and you assume way too much.

FIRST, that you can trade 2/1. I noticed as you got to lower ages the ratio changed.
SECOND, that you can even get the trades down to your level. Unless you have diversity in players, there will always be dead ages.
THIRD, GBG. You're not producing anything else but goods...most of them are going to wind up here. That could be a good thing. If you don't mind that none of your GBs are getting leveled because of all the time you'll spend doing this.
FOURTH The amount of work. It aint just listing trades. The most important part of this is finding a top guild and diversifying your friends.

I have no problem with the strategy. What I'm saying is that you need to realize all the effects and plan for what you give up. You will give up leveling your GBs or spend 24/7 on this game.

I've had 3 people employ this strategy. One with great success. He became the #1 GB fighter in our guild but he quit the game and the other two changed their strategy.

CommanderCool1234

FIRST, that you can trade 2/1. I noticed as you got to lower ages the ratio changed.
My ratio changed to help my guild but it is back at 1.2 - 2

SECOND, that you can even get the trades down to your level. Unless you have diversity in players, there will always be dead ages.
That is a valid point but I know my guild and it has a lot of diversity I am confident this strategy will succed.

THIRD, GBG. You're not producing anything else but goods...most of them are going to wind up here. That could be a good thing. If you don't mind that none of your GBs are getting leveled because of all the time you'll spend doing this.
I don't understand this? fp's from GbG and my collection are still going to my great buildings. Why am I producing nothing else but good? The only goods I have used were the one's that I happened to have from EMA

CommanderCool1234

Update: I traded 2880 Wires for 5760 Silk, I managed to do 1-2 but it took a while since my guild seems to have a shortage. I have already placed trades to trade the silk for bricks. Few of these trades have been taken I think this next trade down will take a while.