• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Transitioning between Bronze and Iron Age

spnnr

Apologies for asking a question that maybe redundant- I did a search but the forums pretty unwieldy for a noob like me , and not sure necroposting is encouraged, so heres my question:

I have recently made it into Iron age and have begun to unlock buildings etc. However, the degree of supplies required to change and maintain a fighting force for GE / GVG and single player campaign have left me low in that area. In addition since I am stuck with lumber/wine resources for now , negotiating my way past the single player campaign/GE has stalled a bit.
Should I sacrifice my military at this time-go back to men with sticks and stones and hope my pottery/blacksmith/fruit stall can regenerate supplies within a reasonable time?

Sorry for the length of the question/scenario.

P.S. is there a way to see my real time resources/troop strength etc?

DeletedUser8420

Wouldnt go back wards, slow down on GE and GVG then...try to get a Lighthouse GB to boost your supplies. Your guild should be willing to help you get supplies to build it.

DeletedUser10415

If you intend to solo the game long-term, then you must spend a longer time in each age, far beyond just getting through the tech tree. This time is spent accumulating coin, supplies, and goods of your age. Goods of an age are required for techs in the following three ages. Ideally you would have the Great Buildings Zeus and Babel built before moving into Iron Age. Certainly Zeus. I'm a firm believer in the utility of Babel, especially for the solo player, as it produces random goods of your age (even the ones you aren't boosted in) and cannot be plundered.

If you're not committed to playing FoE as a single-player game, get yourself into a guild. With guildmates you can trade the goods you produce for the goods you do not and it doesn't cost you forge points to do so. A good guild can also provide you with the knowledge of the game you'll need going forward. Look for guilds with membership that has a wide range of global ranking. You'll want guildmates that have cities around the the same age as your own, but having some veterans around who can give you game-play pointers is also quite helpful.

spnnr

Great responses and they are much appreciated. I am in a guild , and they have indicated its not an issue with staying out of GVG and other guild battles- but personally don't like the feeling of being a parasite.

From the responses it is clear I definitely need to focus on the GBs which has not been a core part of my plans. Thanks again.

cheers

Algona

personally don't like the feeling of being a parasite.

You are NOT a parasite. You are a terror-to-your-guild's-enemies in the making. That's how my Guild Founder explained it to me a couple years ago. If you follow Cassaundrea's and Flarg's advice in a surprisingly short time you will be that terror. Good hunting!

spnnr

You are NOT a parasite. You are a terror-to-your-guild's-enemies in the making. That's how my Guild Founder explained it to me a couple years ago. If you follow Cassaundrea's and Flarg's advice in a surprisingly short time you will be that terror. Good hunting!

Well that's another way of looking at it ,

cheers