• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Trash in antique dealer all the time now

DeletedUser

It does. It is telling them they are on the right track. It is an auction. Not a giveaway.

You are not getting what I am trying to say for some reason. Yes they are wanted , I want more good stuff and so does everyone else. I've picked up 3 Check mates in the past 4 days which is great. Give us stuff that we want and we will fight for it. Throw us boats and windmills and we won't

Vger

Checkmates are going for 140K + in auction now , Theos are going at starting bids , that should tell Inno something.
The folks getting Tholos bits for the starting bid (1,350) are making out well. They can flip them back to the AD in 24 hrs. and earn 675 coins and 1-2 gems.
For a newer player that doesn't have much AD fodder yet, those Tholos are something to get excited about. A checkmate square? Yeah, right, those are for the spoiled rich kids.
One mans junk is another mans treasure, right?

DeletedUser

The folks getting Tholos bits for the starting bid (1,350) are making out well. They can flip them back to the AD in 24 hrs. and earn 675 coins and 1-2 gems.
For a newer player that doesn't have much AD fodder yet, those Tholos are something to get excited about. A checkmate square? Yeah, right, those are for the spoiled rich kids.
One mans junk is another mans treasure, right?

Not everything "rich kid" stuff, just every week or so at least. I haven't seen a carousel in 4 weeks for example. How many bridges , boats and windmills do people really need ? I am not a rich kid btw , I earned my stripes and have the bullet holes to prove it. Just cater to everyone in the AD that's what I am asking

CommanderCool1234

I would bet the items up for sale are selected at random by computer, no human intervention. I don't see a whole lot about it that needs changing. Of course they don't have the exact item i lust after. And even if they do, many times the auction price goes higher than I'm willing to pay. All that means is, I have to be patient. Not angry at Inno.
Yes, I completely agree.

CommanderCool1234

Many people have already said this but I will say it again. If the the buildings everyone wants were to go in auction every single 1 and a half hours then people will get bored of that but right now I like the system since it is an acual challenge to assemble the event building I want and it adds a fun aspect to the game. Great job with the antiques dealer Inno! Keep making features like this that make people with an acual brain happy.

wolfhoundtoo

You are not getting what I am trying to say for some reason. Yes they are wanted , I want more good stuff and so does everyone else. I've picked up 3 Check mates in the past 4 days which is great. Give us stuff that we want and we will fight for it. Throw us boats and windmills and we won't

So you posted a thread that said there's nothing good in the auction despite getting 3 of the same item that you value in 4 days? o_O

DeletedUser

So you posted a thread that said there's nothing good in the auction despite getting 3 of the same item that you value in 4 days? o_O

Does this game affect reading comprehension ? The question was about the antique dealer.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

This whole thread is nonsense. It could have ended in 2 posts by a helpful mod/or regular member just posting:
"Hey, there's an update coming regarding the Antiques Dealer. You can read about it here - [link to update announcement]"
Done. Thread closed. I don't understand we have to be so damn toxic on this forum. Can we close this thread and move on please?

Expletive Deleted

As someone that understands the math of -if you add more options to the table the odds of randomly getting what you want go down- that all makes sense but I also get the frustration of repeatedly showing up to see an endless line of crap that no one wants.
I would suggest a simple solution: The option to leave the auction. When a new offer comes up, those that dont want it can leave and wait the same 30minute cooldown til the next auction starts. This eliminates 2 hours of wait time plus any bidding wars, and let's players have more opportunities for the things they want to scale with the increase of items up for draw. With no major changes to the odds or other avenues for abuse.

Agent327

You are not getting what I am saying. It is all about balance. More good stuff means the good stuff will become less valuable. Some things are just meant to be rare.

DeletedUser

Hmmm , they improved it somewhat. I logged in this evening and a Pagoda kit. Not what I want but I know some that will. It also started in the middle of an auction in progress for once , very nice Inno !!

Agent327

Hmmm , they improved it somewhat. I logged in this evening and a Pagoda kit. Not what I want but I know some that will. It also started in the middle of an auction in progress for once , very nice Inno !!

They did not change a thing. Pagoda kit has been there for 3 months now and starting in the middle is rare, but has been possible since the start.

Vger

These posts remind me that I am not missing much by staying in IA without a AD...
Nope, you aren't missing a thing. Well, there are 16 other ages you could play in if you wanted something new and different to challenge you. Buy, yeah, I guess you can have just as much fun staying in IA, if that is the biggest challenge you want from this game.

wolfhoundtoo

Does this game affect reading comprehension ? The question was about the antique dealer.

It a request to have something for all stages of players. An advanced player has no use for happiness . medals , SoKs or large inefficient set pieces. Making up missing pieces is ok but don't make that all there is. Checkmates are going for 140K + in auction now , Theos are going at starting bids , that should tell Inno something.

You started talking about them interchangeably here. My reading comprehension skills are just fine. You simply want more and more and more for less. You don't want something for players of all ages, you want what you what when you want it. Don't hold your breath for Inno to give everything away that easily.

Ericness

I usually find something to buy in the Dealer every two to three days at least. Mind you it's not all Sleigh Builders and Crows Nests, but I do also need to stock up on things like renos, one ups, and supply rushes (for events) which it provides quite nicely. These are useful items that fulfill real needs in my very full city.

It sounds like folks need to adjust their expectations a bit when it comes to the AD. A lot of players want it to be a place to pick up rare items at discount prices, but as in real life that is just simply not how it works. Great finds are the exception, not the rule but you can find value if you look for it.