• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Traz help

Pickleweasel

Okay, didn't know that. Is there some where you can count the ones you have got?

I guess I don't understand the question. If you scroll to the far right of the troop list, then hover over the orange cloud thing at the end of the troop list, it tells you how many you have of each troop; you probably have to add some filters for age/type to be able to see the specific troop you are interested in as I don't think it will display more than a dozen or so types by default.

Fern19

Okay. but I'm not seeing any orange flag or anything else. Do you have to be a certain level for it to appear. I'm playing the modern era. I'll keep looking for it.

Fern19

Okay, I found it. Did not realize it was under settings for the troops. Got it worked out. Thanks...

MaryTheBold

No they are not. You can fight faster without rogues.
Sometimes, as you state, have come to realize and been a reality... many variables. I know I will not build as many as I did in my 1st world. Certainly they help A LOT, IMO, and in many ways, certainly preserves real troops, while also prolonging the ability to fight, with few real units, the more the merrier.

Last edited:

MaryTheBold

I also just got my Traz up last week. However, I also do a lot of in-game battles and lose troops. The lower level Traz doesn't replace them fast enough to keep up with my loss rate currently. Over time, I'll build up the Traz to crank out some more poor prisoners for the front lines.
What's an army w/o a well maintained Traz? WEAK, she answers herself. Troops are essential for a warrior. Period.

MaryTheBold

This is highly dependent on era. Agent’s in SAV (I assume) and you’re in CE. In my experience in Iron , 8 ballistas is the fastest at any level of attrition. Some people like using 8 Sentinels in SAM, 8 Eels in OF or 8 RFCs in PE at low attrition.
Totally agree sometimes it's more efficient to use all real troops as stated above... often depends much on units you are up against, etc.. rogues do begin having less effect in some of the higher ages. Always variables. Knowing the troops helps. I practice manually with every unit to better understand their usefulness, a tad of research helps. In SAM, 2 Steel Wardens and 6 rogues will work most often, depends, have used various combinations as needed, 8 Sentinels especially when lots of artillery.

MaryTheBold

How many of one troop? 20,000 possible.50,000 is you have played a longtime. I add 5K of one then switch what I am making.
I built 35K rogues in my 1st city, never again, I choose how many other units based on how much I use them. With more rogues it's not as necessary to build the numbers you mention, it's a personal choice I'd suppose. 20K seems a bit much of 1 unit, other than rogues, imo and that's a lot. Besides you probably would never use that many real units in one era, rogues would be my choice of troop to have an abundance, they travel with you.

Last edited:

MaryTheBold

I'm in CE fighting with PME units against other PME units. Att/Def is 973/626. Attrition at 59. Autobattling only. I just tried about a dozen different combinations of units with no rogues. Managed to win all battles but took very heavy losses (50-70%). Switched back to 2 heavies with 6 rogues and won. Some units took damage but none were killed in 20 battles.
Rogues provides that 1st no damage hit. When rogues work I'll pick rogues over my real units. 2 units and 6 rogues. Initially it was 1 unit and 7 rogues. The Kraken changed that. Never heard anyone not tout the value of using rogues. Works for me. To each their own.

NWWAkamai

The Traz will only produce troops for which you have barracks planted in your city. The barracks do not have to be fully constructed or even connected to roads for the Traz to produce. When I first got my Traz going I kept a vacant "lot" in my city. When the Trax was ready to collect I would plant a barracks, collect Traz, then delete the barracks. Next time, I'd plant a different barracks, collect different troops. Rinse and repeat. Eventually, I got all the troops I needed from GE and GBG so my city now only has a single rogue den with Traz at 54.
Others have said it will only produce troops from barracks you have in the town. If you only have a rogue den when you harvest, do you still get troops without a built barracks in your town?

The Lady Redneck

No....If you only have rogues den or hideout you will only get rogues. If you want troops as well you will have to have a barracks for the type of troops you want in your town. however it does not have to be fully constructed. or connected to a road. Even just having the shell of the barracks there will trigger Traz to build the troops. However you are best just to build the type of troops that are the strongest for your age. You will get plenty of the weaker troops from doing GE and GBG. For instance I am in FE. The only troop building I have is for Hover Tanks and rogues. So Traz gives me Hovers and Rogues.

Last edited:

Fern19

That's pretty sneaky not having to have a complete building. Going to try that. need some room for stuff.....

wolfhoundtoo

Well it's useful but to do that means you still need to either rebuild whatever was in that space before that you eliminated or keep that area empty so there is some cost to the system. Of course many people keep some area open for events and other quest purposes and it also means once you hit 2 lane roads you don't have to figure out where to put the military building that connects to a 2 lane road.

Sharmon the Impaler

The standard way you use a Traz is specifically that . The needed unit building gets put down , the traz flipped and the building gets deleted freeing up the space for events.

matr

No they are not. You can fight faster without rogues.
Agreed, FASTEST fighting is to use 8 of the same troop in GBG, this isn't the same as fighting to minimize losses. If you want to limit losses then rogues are the way to go. Rogues can also be used to win battles at high levels of attrition that otherwise can't be won with your current 8 troops arrangement. What you use is dependent on what you are trying to do. I like trying to prevent losses in GE even though I could just plow thru all the levels accepting whatever the losses happen because of the limitless supply of troops from Traz. However, I find it fun to try and beat the computer troops with no losses. Just started in OF and so far haven't been able to make it thru all of GE with no losses. Attack Boost just over 1000, Attack defense is 950

MaryTheBold

The standard way you use a Traz is specifically that . The needed unit building gets put down , the traz flipped and the building gets deleted freeing up the space for events.
Many do as you stated, I have a different strategy. I build as many as possible of a preferred unit to not run out, especially before my Traz is spitting out a decent number.

I always have at least 1 rogue and 1 other unit down as needed after that point. Always variables based on needs or desires. In my 1st world I have no need to set down rogues, I have plenty. My other, newer, worlds certainly need them.

If I don't have a Traz, I'll set down as many rogue units and other needed troops as able... eventually, getting rid of the excess, helps me maintain a sufficient troop inventory. It amazes me when high level players run out of various units. Many ways to skin a cat, all said, but running out of needed units I work to avoid, especially if in an era I want to fight. Takes 1 collection and plenty of rogues to make it work, most often, especially for lower priority battles, the higher the Traz, and rogue count, the better, it gets. Strategy matters as well as A/D boosts in staying power. Try it before you buy it. *laughing*

Last edited: