• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Treasure Hunt vs. Incidents

ODragon

For the last two weeks, I have kept track of all of my Treasure Hunts (TH) and incidents. I kept the TH to the main 6 (8 Hours, 5 Min, 15 Min, 1 Hour, 4 Hours, 4 Hours).

For incidents, I got between 8 and 15 per day. TH are 6 clicks at specific times.

Below are the results; from an Iron Age city.

THvI.jpg

This data looks better than I think it is. I've only gotten diamonds 1 or 2 times in my main world which has been available much longer than I've been on Y so this was just poor timing for data collection. I expected to get 0 in this two weeks.

This shows, at least to me, why Incidents are a poor substitute for Treasure Hunt. I guess the bonus is that at the moment, many of us can do both.

DeletedUser31882

I like the data collection!

Although... I have a suggestion for the comparison table. Maybe dash or X out the loot that is unobtainable by the particular activity? For example: Troops are impossible to obtain from incidents (last I checked) and boosters/motivation kits/diamonds are not dropped by Treasure hunt.

I'd argue a chance of diamonds weighs incidents as higher worth than Treasure hunt, but that's just my opinion. I'm enjoying having and eating both cakes.

DeletedUser

My understanding is that it is the combination of Incidents and Daily Challenges that makes Treasure Hunt expendable. Another issue with this is that the ease of collecting Incidents versus trying to meet the Treasure Hunt schedule day after day is a huge factor in comparing the two. I am retired and I find the Treasure Hunt too much like work, I'm done with keeping someone else's daily schedule.

ODragon

My understanding is that it is the combination of Incidents and Daily Challenges that makes Treasure Hunt expendable. Another issue with this is that the ease of collecting Incidents versus trying to meet the Treasure Hunt schedule day after day is a huge factor in comparing the two. I am retired and I find the Treasure Hunt too much like work, I'm done with keeping someone else's daily schedule.
Its funny, I disagree with 100% of your post! That's pretty unusual.

I don't find the combination of DC and Incidents to be better then Treasure Hunt.

And I much prefer a single click 6 times a day that scouting around my city looking for something that may or may not be there.

Lancer

I was thinking about the different production times. I didn't even realize that was what you was talking about. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a typo.