• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[FAQ] Treasure Hunt

• Thread starter DeletedUser2145
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser11282

The check mark does not seem to be working as intended right now. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

I'm not aware of any change to the collection times, they still showed up the same as usual for me. But of course if the check mark is missing it is easy to lose track.

I just put in a ticket about this and was told that they've changed the treasure hunt so it doesn't show the icon anymore in response to players that don't bother with it. I don't understand why that should be our problem that other's don't play it. I don't ever see it anymore because they've changed it. This is a terrible change and should be changed back. Otherwise just do away with the treasure hunt all together because now even those that do play it aren't finishing it. If I check the world and see it's up, then I'll collect, but it should still show the green check mark when it's finished. I used to do the treasure hunt every single day. I don't think I've got 1 since they've made this change.

DeletedUser16911

I just put in a ticket about this and was told that they've changed the treasure hunt so it doesn't show the icon anymore in response to players that don't bother with it. I don't understand why that should be our problem that other's don't play it. I don't ever see it anymore because they've changed it. This is a terrible change and should be changed back.

I agree the checkmark should return, I was very confused the past few days when it wouldn't notify me at the five-minute mark. So inconvenient, why do away with the notification just because some users don't use it? I assumed Treasure Hunt was geared toward those who DO use it. A green checkmark is pretty easy to ignore if one wants to. :huh:
Oddly, after the missing five-minute checkmark, it all returns to normal for me. So after a bit of grumbling at the five-minute mark I go on with things as usual.

Otherwise just do away with the treasure hunt all together because now even those that do play it aren't finishing it. If I check the world and see it's up, then I'll collect, but it should still show the green check mark when it's finished. I used to do the treasure hunt every single day. I don't think I've got 1 since they've made this change.

That's really a bit much to propose as an alternative, don't you think? Do away with Treasure Hunt because of the missing five-minute checkmark? :huh: And where did you get the knowledge that people aren't finishing it anymore? I sure haven't stopped collecting just because of this; I make every collection every day. The missing notification is a mild annoyance, not an outright game-killer. :unsure: Treasure Hunt has helped me IMMENSELY in both my Iron Age and Colonial Age worlds, so, perhaps you should stop playing it yourself if you dislike the change, but please don't request that it be discontinued for all of us, just because of a missing checkmark (or even if all the checkmarks go missing). That's like throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

DeletedUser8152

For reference, here is how I'm told it is supposed to work:

The checkmark will display until the chest spoils. Exceptions are the first chest in which it will never show, and the last chest which will always show.

I haven't personally seen any behavior different from this, but it sounds like some people have.

My own feeling is that this is fine, except that they ought to show the checkmark for the first chest too, until it spoils.

Melany3

personally, I miss the checkmark. I could see it as I went from city to city ... and was very useful, especially after the first hunt, so I was able to stay on track better. Who is the idiot that decided that it wasn't used? Perhaps I shouldn't say that, but obviously it wasn't me because I used it all the time. I feel so lost without it. I keep waiting for it...
right now ... I think I'll climb the stairs of my 93 story Ivory Tower and sulk over the missing green check mark ... :hmph:

DeletedUser16911

For reference, here is how I'm told it is supposed to work:

The checkmark will display until the chest spoils. Exceptions are the first chest in which it will never show, and the last chest which will always show.

I haven't personally seen any behavior different from this, but it sounds like some people have.

My own feeling is that this is fine, except that they ought to show the checkmark for the first chest too, until it spoils.

Have they modified this reference (the part in green) recently...? :huh: I've always seen the five-minute checkmark, until starting several days ago. (I never let my treasure "spoil," so would not know about that circumstance.)
Anyway, yet again I agree, my only issue is the one missing checkmark, though at the moment it merely elicits a grumble from me, and a face rather like this-- :hmph:--and not much more. I will continue to collect it all whether there are checkmarks or not. (Too valuable not to!)
When I first log on to collect the 8-hour treasure, I then start a 5-minute production, which helps me time when the next treasure collection will be. (Just a suggestion for other users.)

DeletedUser13832

Since that check mark has been removed I have been having a harder time getting to the last hunt!! I play two worlds and used that to keep an eye on the treasure hunt. The most important ones are the five, fifteen and hr. Please put it back

DeletedUser16911

Since that check mark has been removed I have been having a harder time getting to the last hunt!! I play two worlds and used that to keep an eye on the treasure hunt. The most important ones are the five, fifteen and hr. Please put it back

Are all the checkmarks missing for you, or only the five-minute one...? :huh:

DeletedUser8152

Have they modified this reference (the part in green) recently...? :huh: I've always seen the five-minute checkmark, until starting several days ago. (I never let my treasure "spoil," so would not know about that circumstance.)
Yes, prior to the last update, it showed the check mark whenever there was a chest ready to collect, whether it was spoiled or not. Some people didn't like that because it was a distraction if they didn't do the treasure hunt game.

DeletedUser15488

Same for me! I hate that the check mark is gone! I keep forgetting to check the time on the TH, and so I keep ending up with it spoiling. This is awful! I love this game, but this change was a bad one -- please put the check mark back, or find some way for those of us who LOVE the Treasure Hunt to get a proper notification when it's time to collect!

DeletedUser10900

I regularly do the treasure hunt, but lately have been frustrated by the green check mark not showing to alert me that a stage has been completed. This has caused my to miss and have to restart the hunt several times, making me miss out of the better levels of treasure. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP! Thanks

ITown

The check mark does not seem to be working as intended right now. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

I'm not aware of any change to the collection times, they still showed up the same as usual for me. But of course if the check mark is missing it is easy to lose track.

The missing checkmark is extremely annoying. They might as well remove the button entirely if they aren't going to notify people when it's time to collect.

You do still have an hour to collect though - I just checked

DeletedUser3556

Check mark is working fine for me once I get past the first 5min collection it shows up for all the rest 15 minute and onward, once its ready to be collected.

DeletedUser9155

Bummer. Seems like it would be a great addition to the game if the Chateau Front. could bump up the payout.

DeletedUser21192

If it is, I feel it is an unfair advantage. Do you plan on releasing this feature for the ipad, ios, android platforms?

DeletedUser17462

If it is, I feel it is an unfair advantage. Do you plan on releasing this feature for the ipad, ios, android platforms?
Word seems to be that they plan on bringing the missing features to the mobile version, but they've been saying "soon" since I started early this year. My recommendation (and what I did) is download a flash compatible browser. I use Photon for my iPad/phone.

DeletedUser15488

Once again, you guys came through for us. Thanks so much for putting the green check mark back on the TH. I can live with it disappearing when you have to reset, but it was killing me when I had to remember to check the darn thing all the time!

DeletedUser18401

is treasure hunt available with the Ipad or Andriod versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.