• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Tricks... Have Any?

DeletedUser

Early on this is very true Doggy, but as you advance, 1k gold is really, really nothing. I collect just over half a mill every 24 hours, not to mention, there's not much else to spend it on at that point. The key is balance, same as always. You might as well spend your surplus rather than hoard, you simply don't want to buy forge points if that means you would then have to WAIT to complete something else. That is indeed self-defeating.
Yes, and if you produce a lot, like I produce about 250 coins every 10 minutes, then set your expectations higher. I also say that you attack but don't constantly, then you will go to war with them, and if your are trying to get in a guild, then don't attack anyone of the guild or any friends of the guild. I have 1 person in my guild (just started), I am on top in neighborhood, and I'm in a war that I'm going to 2nd rank person because he attacked a friend of mine. Never let defeat take over your pride. Keep it. May I suggest that you also join a guild anyone who reads this. Guilds can be great, and just because the guild only has one person doesn't mean it isn't good. I am only person in my guild, but I have over 150 won battles versus people who have military just as strong as mine. If you are in Arvahall, send message to me and I will gladly help you. You will need supplies in the future, so make lots of supplies. Coins you will find sooner or later.

DeletedUser4844

One of the biggest aspects of a guild is the fact you can make trades without paying the forge point. I would recommend people try to find fairly good-sized guilds to join for this reason, and the fact you want to have at least a few people in your guild who have goods deposits for each good you don't have goods deposits for.

DeletedUser

One of the biggest aspects of a guild is the fact you can make trades without paying the forge point. I would recommend people try to find fairly good-sized guilds to join for this reason, and the fact you want to have at least a few people in your guild who have goods deposits for each good you don't have goods deposits for.
Yes, but too big and you won't have too much attention. I recommend a small guild for now and then try a bigger guild.

DeletedUser4844

What do you mean by not having much attention?

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What do you mean by not having much attention?

- - - Updated - - -
I mean if you are in a big guild, they are not going to pay as much attention to you as when you are in a smaller guild, you will get more attention

DeletedUser

Also, I recommend specializing in one type of good, for example, lumber. Then you have trading power using the lumber to trade for other things you may not have the capability to produce, for example, iron. You can then be able to be known in the trading market as a good trader for your good you specialize in.

DeletedUser1862

Specializing is a good idea, if it's reasonable to do though. It's easier to do in the earlier ages, but also for some Goods more than others.
I have a bonus to Paper, but the building makes it rather harder to turn a good profit out of it.

DeletedUser

Specializing is a good idea, if it's reasonable to do though. It's easier to do in the earlier ages, but also for some Goods more than others.
I have a bonus to Paper, but the building makes it rather harder to turn a good profit out of it.

See, I am always looking for stuff, so what I do is as of now, I will change out my production buildings when I need something else and always produce more for future technology advancements and trading power. This is a good idea if you have the resources, but if you are constantly needing resources this isn't a good idea. It all depends on your foundation.

DeletedUser3364

Finally found a valuable use for the much maligned Scout:
since they essentially are 'age-less' (actually they show up as Iron Age)
they are an easy and effective way to rack up points in Lower Age Towers:
How, you ask...?

After scouting your neighborhood for the points-and-time wasting 'two spear' defensive forces:
throw two scouts and two missile troops of (whatever age) at the spears for a cheap and easy Tower presence.
I've taken Bronze Age and Iron Age champ with no investment in troop buildings (other than the scout camp, of course)
using whatever unattached troops I have hanging around from Quests w/ no losses. No Wounds at all, in fact.

Because, Hey; Free Medals!

Add the fact that Two Scouts in your own defence is a nasty surprise (more often than not)
{ I currently run Two Scouts, Two Musketeers, and Four Grenadiers: Better than 8 Field Guns IMHO}
and I am pretty happy with the utility of my scout encampment.
I wasn't sure at first, but, Yeah: I Like 'Em.

DeletedUser

I also say that you want to find some friends that can help you out and when you get Great Buildings, they will help level them up. Second, set standards like "please motivate Roof Tile Houses first, then Chatlets" etc. It is a good way to find out who is being your friend just to have you level up their Great Buildings and get 20 coins for their 'help.'

DeletedUser5948

To prevent your finish goods from being plundered, don't leave them lying around for too long.
What I do is produce for a period of one day so I know when to collect them. I choose a time, which I won't say, that I'm always online.
Plunderers will take supplies or coins but that's less damaging.

DeletedUser

When trading duplicate blueprints, avoid trading 2 of the same. When you have a triplicate bp, wait until you have a duplicate of a different one and trade the two different ones.

Reason: You will get a bp that is guaranteed to be different than the ones you traded. If you trade 2 different bps they there are only 7 possible outcomes. If you trade 2 from the triplicate then there are 8 possible outcomes. Thus the chances of getting one you want are better this way.

DeletedUser6566

Back to basics

Don't build a path all the way around your town hall. Attaching a building to the side of the town hall 1 square from a corner will allow the building to work without a path or road. You can save 18 building squares by doing this, if laid out carefully.

DeletedUser3690

one neat trick to get more motivates (which i initially picked up by wondering why my guildie havershall's cultural buildings were disconnected all the time) is to disconnect your cultural buildings. Which doing this is better used when you are on long collections, either 8 hour or 1 day collections, where motivates are more useful. Best thing is to be able to have 120% happiness with just your buildings (no decos), so that you do not need polish. Not always an easy thing to accomplish with space concerns, but try to only need a few buildings polished if you can. Then design your city so that all your cultural buildings are on both sides of one road and that no other buildings are beyond your cultural buildings. Then just disconnect the road at the top of where the cultural buildings start on the road. This way no one can polish you. So if you have those people come visiting, that do not bother reading your instructions, then they cannot accidently polish you. They will be forced to motivate giving you more motivates. If you do need a few polishes, then just disconnect the road a little further down the line, opening up a few buildings for polish. It will stop all that unnecessary polishing on all the other buildings you do not need polished. You then just have to connect the cultural buildings with a trail every time you make collections or pvp. Connect the buildings and your right back at 120%, ready to go to work. It will also give you a few minor perks. placing or selling the trail will refresh the visible motivates on your resources without reloading the whole game. And since all your happiness is disconnected and your city is sitting at 50% productivity, anybody plundering supplies or coins will only receive it at 50% productivity, jipping the plunderer on what they normally would have gotten if all your cultural buildings were connected at 120%.

DeletedUser

Now that I have my whole town built incorrectly from what you say. They is no way to move buildings until I get an expansion or sell the buildings and rebuy them

DeletedUser8428

Now that I have my whole town built incorrectly from what you say. They is no way to move buildings until I get an expansion or sell the buildings and rebuy them

Wait until you've just moved into the next era - you'd be selling off all those old buildings anyhow.

DeletedUser13785

[FONT=&amp]I think it would be cool if Inno thought about implementing a new schematic kit that is a land blueprint of your city’s land dimensions viewed as an empty blueprint lot. An inventory list containing all buildings and decorations held by your city will accompany the city’s blueprint. You can layout your city upon this empty blueprint lot placing your city’s items from the list onto the grid to see how you would like to re-design the layout of your city. All items contained with a city have to be put back into the city before the new blueprint re-design is applied live to your city. The kit should have the ability to be saved so the schematic can later further be manipulated and saved, but the final schematic draft will not go into effect until the kit is applied and constructed. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]It could be set up the same as the renovation kits, or a service you can buy like other offers available to us for purchase. [/FONT]Why is it always assumed that a player wants to race into the next age and start replacing all the same junk all over again? Maybe you like the age you are in and want to keep it and build up resources, and level some more GB's. Whatever the reason, play by your own design, not everyone else s. Ta :)

DeletedUser27544

well it is a good idea elza, but it's very hard to develop with no real need I'm afraid. Instead, make your own city layout with a paper, pen and ruler! I did that with a paper with squares, each square on the paper being one little block on the ground and wrote down the formats of buildings I need. Then I used ruler to set rows and columns for 2x2, 3x3, 2x4 building etc.

Also, I used the idea to connect all the buildings with Town hall with ONLY ONE path too! a path that leads from Town Hall all around the city and my layout was fascinating!

Sad to see there are no new posts on this subject, since all of those are proven to be helpful

Here is a little tip for new players and early ages, about gaining blueprints: before you send someone an invite to be friends, visit and make sure they have GBs of the blueprints you're looking for. If there are too many GBs and you still haven't made a single one, hold on and don't rush with filling the friends pool, since you need the friends who have maybe up to 3 finished GB's and as many as possible GB you need bp of.
The reason for that is when you hit the aid button, it is much more likely you will get a bp from the GB they already have, so you wont end up with 10 different GB, all of which have hardly 2 blueprints like I did. The other world I started played recently seem to prove this, because I got blueprints for the Tower of Babel, and that is exactly what I needed. So please correct me if got it wrong, since I'm pretty new myself, but I can see the difference between those two worlds I play in terms of GBs and their BPs income :)