• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Tricks... Have Any?

DeletedUser29623

I rarely see the "build a barracks from your current age" quests, but I would be shocked if a Rogue Hideout fulfilled it. If you get a "train/delete x number of current era troops", training or deleting Rogues doesn't work, so it would be highly inconsistent for the Rogue Hideout to count as a current era barracks.

I found this to be the case with the “recruit troops” quest as well.

DeletedUser

Mr. Longshanks, I have been doing this for decades with excellent results...and have passed this tip on to my apprentices, laborers and other tradesmen for the last 20 years who all agree it is an effective barrier against infection...
I don't care how long you've gotten lucky with this method, it is patently unsafe, and it's irresponsible to be advising others to do it. The only way it is at all acceptable is if you use medical gauze or piece of clean cotton cloth or the like to cover the actual wound and secure it with tape. If that is what you're doing, then you should include that in the tip. But to just put duct tape itself directly on a wound is not safe or acceptable.

BruteForceAttack

Back to Topic

Keep one browser for FOE only, e.g I use Chrome for Work, Firefox for non-work, and opera for foe.

Don't have multiple worlds open in tabs, it will slow down foe alot.

If you plan to do lot of gvg, don't upgrade all you champion retreats. Maybe keep atleast one PE/CE and above. During events try and get multiple retreats, so that you can age up one and keep the other one in previous age.

DeletedUser33036

If you want to complete GE level 4 fairly easily, consider parking in CE for a while. The AA guns with 7 rogues can beat almost all encounters with an attack defense boost around 70 percent, and you can get stealth tanks early from the continent map. GE level four becomes harder in TE due to the way units are handled. Trust me you could make 200 diamonds a week from GE 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

Volodya

I shall share one of my many tricks !

- Trick # 1 - make your city pretty

A pretty city is more important than a lv 80 arc ... if your city is ugly you are a failure !!!

I'll post more of my top secret tricks soon !
The best part of this game is that it's perfectly feasible to have an attractive AND productive city. There's no need to choose.

DeletedUser25166

You can’t advance on Storyline Quest unless in Oceanic? Not cool, this game design is forcing me to stop playing Questline or move up 2 Ages.
“Produce 10 crayfish”. Not cool INNO, now I will sit in FE forever, no sense moving on

DeletedUser27023

Try coming up with your own game play. Much more enjoyable than following the rigid doctrine created by a player that quit the game.

You don’t have to follow every single step. Others have created successful variations. I rather enjoy CRs guide anyway. It’s not for everyone but IMO, it’s certainly worth trying in a city. I learned a lot about the game just from reading the guide.

DeletedUser33036

I don't recomend using fast units until you reach PE. Fast units do not have more than a range of 1 until PE, and often have poor attack/defense in early ages.

DeletedUser32389

If you're on a roll on the Daily Challenges, but you know you're going to have a busy day tomorrow, you can skip a day without losing a point. Just adjust your start time and it adds a day to the timer.

Learn to pillage the 'hood in the morning. Many people set up 8 hour production cycles long before they go to sleep, and their goods are out there waiting for an early bird like you to snap em up.
Don't visit taverns
I visit taverns daily and get at least a few FP (5+?) a day. I think it's worth it

DeletedUser

If you're on a roll on the Daily Challenges, but you know you're going to have a busy day tomorrow, you can skip a day without losing a point. Just adjust your start time and it adds a day to the timer.
This only works if you adjust your time to be earlier, not later. And I believe you must do it after you finish the current day's challenges. What I will do is adjust it earlier the day before I want to skip, then sometime during the week I will adjust it back to the original time. That way you can stay at approximately the same time, and not keep moving earlier and earlier. :)

DeletedUser31540

Are you trying to say that you don't think this is the purtiest city that you ever did see?

View attachment 9269

how many RQs do you do a day? I bet i do almost as many and i only have 1 Alchemist ... ( i do about 40 .... 20 UBQ, 10 gather coins, 8 spend FPs, 1 gather supplies)

i think filling one's city with alchemists is an incredible waste of space

Edit- i think i counted 42 alchemists which is a 21 RQs a day ... 21 RQs averages to 7.5 forge points + a bunch of other uselss stuff ... wouldnt you rather have 8 T-farms taking up that space instead and produce 40 fps? What is the use of hma goods / medals / BPs / coins / supplies? Its all close to useless in my opinion. Its all about FPs and all those alchemists hinder your fp production

You might be a bit more advanced than i am in terms if medal expansion (working on 65k) but here is my city :

https://imgur.com/a/0f2Ti

i feel stupid for not being able to figure out how to get the image to show without clicking the link :/ .... my city is not that polished right now but once i get my next expansion, delte ToB, and add an AO it will look a lot better

I think if you deleted all your alchemists and replaced them with AO / Kraken / Cape / IT / t-farms / and DT to make up for the loss of supplies you would be much better off

2nd Edit--- i do think your city looks great and efficient too --- maybe you arent as far as i originally though and your configutafion might be ideal for where you currently are (if you lack the goods / BPs / t-farms in inventory to take my advice).

Why no CoA though?

DeletedUser31440

how many RQs do you do a day?
0f2Ti

About 64 or so:
17 produce 2x, 10 collect coins, 5-7 spend fp's, 20 UBQ's - get about 12 Bonus UBQ's from that

wouldnt you rather have 8 T-farms taking up that space instead and produce 40 fps? What is the use of hma goods / medals / BPs / coins / supplies? Its all close to useless in my opinion. Its all about FPs and all those alchemists hinder your fp production
0f2Ti

I'd rather the alchemists, they pay for all the supplies I'll need for the UBQ's plus an increasing stockpile. I use a decent amount of goods for negotiating levels 3 and 4, plus I want to eventually get all ages/era at 25k of each good (just a random goal I set for the city). I don't think it's all useless, fp's are king but I'm producing a good amount right now and I'm happy with the balance of the city. I don't claim this is the most efficient or best city plan out there, but I'm quite happy with how it plays and it lets me enjoy the game.

You seem a bit more advanced than i am in terms if medal expansion (working on 65k)
0f2Ti

I'm working on my 30k expansion, I might be farther in C-Map though.

i feel stupid for not being able to figure out how to get the image to show without clicking the link :/
Up Pic 1.PNG
Up Pic 2.PNG

I think if you deleted all your alchemists and replaced them with AO / Kraken / Cape / IT / t-farms you would be much better off
0f2Ti

I don't plan on putting down anymore gb's until I get Arc to 80, then I'll be taking CF, ToR, CDM, Zeus, Traz, HS, and Inno up to silly levels for a HMA city. It's not the fastest or the best strategy but it's how I want to play this city. I want to build up a ridiculous base of power then slowly trudge up through ages/eras after that.

DeletedUser31540

@Ozyman Tremble Weaklings

wow i really appreciate you showing me how to do that :)

btw - I edited my post a bit while you were posting your reply

And sorry for my somewhat scathing tone (i need to work on that lol) I just get a little irritated i guess with the HQS strategy in general because i dont agree with how the majority of people go about doing it.... the fact that you enjoy your city is great and its obviously the most important factor :)

I too am working towards a lv 80 arc (just hit 24!) and i know that all my other GBs (and the fact that i level them a lot) hinders the speed of my arc-leveling but i find it boring to only work on one GB. I know i could be more efficient but i deviate from optimal efficiency to get more enjoyment out of the game so iknow where you are coming from

25,000 goods from each age !!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!!!!!?!?!!!!! lol ... and i thought i was setting the bar high with my 700 from BA to CA lol

Edit --- i am getting an error message once it finishes loading the screenshot :(

DeletedUser31440

@Ozyman Tremble Weaklings

wow i really appreciate you showing me how to do that :)

Not a problem, if it ever gets stuck and gives a failure just reduce your image size. I haven't found anywhere on here that actually says the size limit though.

@Ozyman Tremble WeaklingsAnd sorry for my somewhat scathing tone (i need to work on that lol) I just get a little irritated i guess with the HQS strategy in general because i dont agree with how the majority of people go about doing it.... the fact that you enjoy your city is great and its obviously the most important factor :)

I too am working towards a lv 80 arc (just hit 24!) and i know that all my other GBs (and the fact that i level them a lot) hinders the speed of my arc-leveling but i find it boring to only work on one GB. I know i could be more efficient but i deviate from optimal efficiency to get more enjoyment out of the game so iknow where you are coming from

25,000 goods from each age !!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!!!!!?!?!!!!! lol ... and i thought i was setting the bar high with my 700 from BA to CA lol

No offense taken, just a bit confusing since I was only saying that it's the purdiest city I ever did see. I want to be able to go into the market and accept all guild trades at any time knowing that I have enough stockpile that I can wait weeks or longer on rebalancing trades to be taken.

DeletedUser31440

2nd Edit--- i do think your city looks great and efficient too --- maybe you arent as far as i originally though and your configutafion might be ideal for where you currently are (if you lack the goods / BPs / t-farms in inventory to take my advice).

Why no CoA though?

I don't lack goods or bp's or TF's. I'm just comfortable where I am and my progress, I could press harder on it, but for the time investment and return I'm getting currently I don't see any reason to change it up. The CoA will come after everything else is at 10. Shouldn't be too much longer, definitely will be before the Arc is at 80. Currently everything else is at: Arc (11), LoA (11), CF (10), Obs (10), SMB (10), Zeus (6), Inno (5), ToR (5), CDM (5), Traz (5), Hagia (4). I've got a swap group for Arc and leftovers are going to round robin level ToR, Inno (happiness dependent), Zeus, CDM, Traz, and Hagia in that order.