• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Tricks... Have Any?

Freshmeboy

Do you do that weekly LLG...? Or bi-weekly...? Monthly...? I tend to cut people slack due to vacations, holidays, internet downtime, etc. I tried playing the hard line and received many replies of " WTF???" in return...That being said, I have noticed a marked lack of aid by newer players and farmers..

Volodya

One of the surprising "bargains" in FoE is the 50 diamond cost to instantly scout a province, saving a day or more of playing time. People rightly stress that expansions are the essential use of diamonds, but I think this scouting option is next. Compare it to the cost to instantly construct a building--generally 250 diamonds iirc--or the cost to instantly finish production of supplies or coins.

DeletedUser32824

One of the surprising "bargains" in FoE is the 50 diamond cost to instantly scout a province, saving a day or more of playing time. People rightly stress that expansions are the essential use of diamonds, but I think this scouting option is next. Compare it to the cost to instantly construct a building--generally 250 diamonds iirc--or the cost to instantly finish production of supplies or coins.
Yeah, but I don't really rush through the campaign map. Half the time I forget I scouted for a week and then come back to the map and it pops up. Unless you're speeding through the campaign map, I don't see this being a great use for diamonds. You're essentially buying time, whereas with the expansions you are buying a bigger city, something that you can only get through diamonds (for those expansions).

I'd say the 2nd best use for diamonds is negotiating the last couple big stages in GE4, when one attempt costs upward of 100 resources. If you know that in 1 more attempt you will 100% get the answer, 10 diamonds is a decent deal for what could possibly be several failed negotiation attempts. I once failed the last stage in GE4 like 8 times and uses like 800 goods. So now I'll drop 10 diamonds if I know I'll get it in 1 more. Saves me attempts (medals) and goods to where I can negotiate more of the GE next week.

DeletedUser

I would agree with this, as I rarely pay much attention to the Campaign Map except when it comes to events/DCs. And since it is best not to scout provinces so as to keep from getting sector quests in DCs, it really helps to be able to cut short the scouting times when an event calls for it. Especially in the later eras, when it saves multiple days.

Snarko

Do you do that weekly LLG...? Or bi-weekly...? Monthly...? I tend to cut people slack due to vacations, holidays, internet downtime, etc. I tried playing the hard line and received many replies of " WTF???" in return...That being said, I have noticed a marked lack of aid by newer players and farmers..
Which brings about another tip. If you're going away put it in your profile message. Not everyone will read it but it might keep a friend or two that would otherwise have deleted you.

I only remove people from my friendslist if I want to send invites or my friendslist is full. If the choice is having an inactive or having NOBODY then I still get a small amount of coins and a BP chance from the inactive. (may not apply to people no longer caring about BPs or the small amount of coins)

I also try to keep a list of "potential remove targets". These are the people who are not inactive but I'm not satisfied with how much they're doing. If removing inactives is not enough anyone showing up multiple times on these lists is the next to go.

DeletedUser25166

Yeah, but I don't really rush through the campaign map. Half the time I forget I scouted for a week and then come back to the map and it pops up. Unless you're speeding through the campaign map, I don't see this being a great use for diamonds. You're essentially buying time, whereas with the expansions you are buying a bigger city, something that you can only get through diamonds (for those expansions).

I'd say the 2nd best use for diamonds is negotiating the last couple big stages in GE4, when one attempt costs upward of 100 resources. If you know that in 1 more attempt you will 100% get the answer, 10 diamonds is a decent deal for what could possibly be several failed negotiation attempts. I once failed the last stage in GE4 like 8 times and uses like 800 goods. So now I'll drop 10 diamonds if I know I'll get it in 1 more. Saves me attempts (medals) and goods to where I can negotiate more of the GE next week.
Except if you don’t have diamond expansions. I used it to complete campaign map, advantage was another expansion and auto complete on both events.

*Arturis*

If you actively level your GB and want it to level fast, go to global medal ranking and add those players on top of the list, they are the most active players in your world, there is chance you will get their help when you need it.

DeletedUser32824

You can surrender a battle on mobile before it's your army's turn to attack.