• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Tricks... Have Any?

DeletedUser29623

My main issue with that method is that you end up with a butt-ugly city that’s wall-to-wall alchemists or whatever. That said, RQs have become part of my strategy, and part of the challenge I’m trying to solve now is how to make a city I like looking at that’s also productive.

DeletedUser31498

My city in Z is still in BA. I hate blacksmiths and would like nothing more that to delete them all, but that would be going against the strategy I'm experimenting with. I want to level all current-era GBs to 10 before moving on (but skipping the Colosseum, ND, and possibly a few others.) My Zeus is already at 10. My ToB is over halfway to 9. It won't be long now.

Z world opened November 7th I think? If you built your GBs on the first day even, that's 85 days. To get level 10 I think takes 2,500 FPs, so a level 10 and level 9.5 is about 4,800 FPs.

That means you've been generating on average 60 FPs/day? Did you mean in a different city you have those GBs, and you went from Z to a different experiment?

*Arturis*

If you are quests lover and have time to do it, do slinger quest, you can stay in Bronze Age for a long time and do 100s of quest/day.

Darth Mole

1) Never spend Diamonds on anything other than expansions
2) Minimize your roads. Any building needs to only touch 1 road. Some (on corners) will touch 2 but if you have any touching 3 then redesign.

DeletedUser29218

It may be that cr guide is effective, but it is utterly boring. Now that i have a higher arc and routinely cycle through quests i could not imagine doing that on an even bigger scale from the beginning. At least in pe now i only have five clciks to cycle to the recurring quest, in colonial i have seven.

How come? according to the wiki both eras have the same amount of quests.

Volodya

. Recurring quests are great for keeping things happening while you're trying to reach some objective. But stopping your game to RQ endlessly without an objective in sight means you have stopped playing the game and started chasing your tail.
I've never done more than skim parts of CR's guide so I don't know if he talks about RQs later in the game or not. I've reached the point in AF where I have only RQs and I could literally do them 24/7 and net an enormous cumulative profit if I cared to. I don't do that though; I do a few cycles most days and get bored. Doing nothing but click click click collect over and over all day long is ultimately tedious; certainly not my idea of anything resembling fun.

DeletedUser6892

Don't' forget buildings that are in your inventory for quests that want an exact population (or no population). Those quests can be a major headache but some inventory "garbage" like Queens and Kings that give one population can make a difference. It's a good idea to keep one or both in inventory just in case.

Likewise, having a rogue hideout in inventory is a good idea if you don't need to plant it right away because it will count towards building a military building of your age quest. Since they are any age they count and take up a very small amount of space. It's so much better than deleting an existing barracks with 4 units recruited.

DeletedUser29218

Likewise, having a rogue hideout in inventory is a good idea if you don't need to plant it right away because it will count towards building a military building of your age quest. Since they are any age they count and take up a very small amount of space. It's so much better than deleting an existing barracks with 4 units recruited.

Wow, that's gold.

DeletedUser

Wow, that's gold.
It's only gold if it works. When you have a quest that asks you to train/delete current age troops, Rogues don't count. Makes me question whether Rogue Hideout would count, since it isn't a "current age" barracks. Generally speaking, when a quest is specific there is little wiggle room.

DeletedUser29055

1) Never spend Diamonds on anything other than expansions
2) Minimize your roads. Any building needs to only touch 1 road. Some (on corners) will touch 2 but if you have any touching 3 then redesign.
Never mind. I did not read your tip correctly. I agree with both.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29623

This is amazing if it works. have you actually done it?

DeletedUser30900

Interesting. I do have two recurring questgivers in my PE, so it should in that case be one and not two click apart. No idea.
I love seeing people who never tried the strategy saying” oh! It’s gonna bore you to death!” :)

DeletedUser

I love seeing people who never tried the strategy saying” oh! It’s gonna bore you to death!” :)
All you have to do is try it on a limited basis to know that it would be a huge bore to go all in on it. After trying it a number of times, I've realized that I'd rather watch reruns than get stuck doing the Heavy Questing strategy.

Volodya

All you have to do is try it on a limited basis to know that it would be a huge bore to go all in on it. After trying it a number of times, I've realized that I'd rather watch reruns than get stuck doing the Heavy Questing strategy.
No kidding. To each her own and all that, but it's not for me. As I said upthread, I could literally do quests non-stop all day long. I wouldn't even need to uglify my city with endless rows of alchemists or whatever the heavy questers do; I could just abort all the collect this or build that quests and keep cycling back to the Unbirthday and the other pay x coins and y supplies quest. All. Day. Long. OMG, is that fun or what? I suppose I could take side bets on whether my hand would fall off before my brain turned to jello, but that would mostly be entertaining for the bystanders, not so much for me.

DeletedUser29055

Was that a weak try to an insult because you don't know anything else to say? Cycling through recurring quests is boring and that is a big part of the strategy. To enlighten you, you can do recurring quests without building a city geared to it. Unbirthing, cycling through the fp quests when contributing 100s of fps to GB, etc.

DeletedUser30900

Was that a weak try to an insult because you don't know anything else to say? Cycling through recurring quests is boring and that is a big part of the strategy. To enlighten you, you can do recurring quests without building a city geared to it. Unbirthing, cycling through the fp quests when contributing 100s of fps to GB, etc.
You really made me laugh when you can do UBQ all day :) just do some caulation before you assume you have enough supply to do so. Well, I’m too lazy to check your cf but I know it’s not even over lv 50. Think before you go all out and feel like you are smart :p if you can’t do the math I can do that for you later when I have time

DeletedUser30900

I've never done more than skim parts of CR's guide so I don't know if he talks about RQs later in the game or not. I've reached the point in AF where I have only RQs and I could literally do them 24/7 and net an enormous cumulative profit if I cared to. I don't do that though; I do a few cycles most days and get bored. Doing nothing but click click click collect over and over all day long is ultimately tedious; certainly not my idea of anything resembling fun.
Well, I thought they are same person at the moment because they both acted like they are not understanding what they are talking about, but you got me. Still if you think in CA you need seven clicks to do one RQ, you are wrong. I just wondering if you check who your teammates are? They usually are someone played for a long period of time with a horrible rank. Why you even try to defend them..... I like argue with you because you are logical, but these sidebarks are just....hmmm, hilarious @Stephen Longshanks